+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Loot

Default Uncle Stan's Super Secret Loot

It's been a long time since we had any news on Uncle Stan's loot table and I feel like we need to sum up the changes we'd like to see.

1) Notoriety drops: they might be useful to some, but lots and lots of people have had NT rep maxed for a pretty long time now, and the older NT gets, the more people will be maxed on all notoriety. Since it's still useful to some people and removing it is not an option, please consider replacing rep drops with plat similar to what we have in minion system. This way if the rep is useless, we'd still get a compensation;

2) Bundle drops: When Stan's lure was introduced, some pretty uncommon bundles were dropping for quiet a while, and then it just stopped. Bundles are a common drop now and most people already have like 99% of the pieces. Please consider bringing back uncommon and rare bundles, or at least make them tradable to vendors for something more than 1s. It will, again, be some kind of a compensation for wasted pulls, in case making them unbound isn't an option (which would be better, IMO);

3) Dimension items: this has been discussed a million times, please make Stan's dimension loot table unique! We've had it dropping common building blocks and 1g worth store items, with a smallest chance at some unique white/green item; we've had all the white/green items removed completely which was even worse since now we can't even have that small chance. However the loot table still contains store items of different rarity which - with minions - are common now and can be bought off the AH for a few gold coins. This is not how it's supposed to be, Stan's dimension item loot table should be unique, and the items rarity does not apply here since lots of green and white items are in fact rare and wanted (while some epics and relics aren't). Stan't loot table should not contain any store/minion items at all. Please consider looking at the loot table again and changing it according to what the community has been asking for lots of times now;

4) Empty pulls: Personally I haven't seen this bug, but it is an important issue, especially with the current state of loot table when you get a manugo decree, a long collected bundle and an empty pull - it's a total waste of plat and mats, and a huge disappointment to anyone. I know this bug might be difficult to reproduce and fix, so maybe we need a separate thread with reports from people who have experienced it (the old one is pretty cluttered, and reports would probably require additional info besides the "omg it happened again!") - if it helps, we'll set up a thread to make it easier.

5) Mounts&pets: this is something that gets destroyed probably as often as bundles, but it doesn't have to be this way. Given that they're pretty common now it won't ruin the economy if you made them unbound - I get it why they're bound now but for anyone with at least one lure and tons of alts they become useless pretty soon. If not unbound then - again - make them tradable to vendor so we won't have to destroy them. I feel bad destroying items that are supposed to bring me joy, I really do. I'm sure there's a way to fix it.

Just to be clear - many of the changes made to the loot table in the past were really welcomed and appreciated, it's great we don't pull out triangles and 100s of mounts now, and some minions are selling well on the AH to compensate the money spent. But it looks like at some point Stan's loot table was just left at its state, and I don't think it's how it should be. People don't even bother getting the lures now after all the negative feedback - why not bring it to a state where the lure will indeed feel worth fishing for, again?

Would appreciate a Dev response.
    And if I forgot an issue or two, please add to this thread <3

~L
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Plane Walker

I had stopped using the lure when it apparently got nerfed because it was not worth the 10p to make to get 2 stashes and if lucky an artifact. I tried once again last week this time it cost 15p to make only to recieve 2 stashes and a time of day. Needless to say I will not be using the lure again.

There was that brief moment when Stan's Lure was giving incredible and rare white and green dimension items. It was mixed with all the other white and green dim items, and when we asked "common" items to be removed, so were these.

I think one thing that really needs to be done, which we have been asking for for ages, is the re-evaluation of these dimension items. Rift's definition of "rare" items differs greatly from the community's because of the minion system and dimension loot. Take Death's Door for example- incredibly rare, and yet the item is a white "common". Idk if anyone has even gotten one outside of that week where those new white and green items were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    There was that brief moment when Stan's Lure was giving incredible and rare white and green dimension items. It was mixed with all the other white and green dim items, and when we asked "common" items to be removed, so were these.

I think one thing that really needs to be done, which we have been asking for for ages, is the re-evaluation of these dimension items. Rift's definition of "rare" items differs greatly from the community's because of the minion system and dimension loot. Take Death's Door for example- incredibly rare, and yet the item is a white "common". Idk if anyone has even gotten one outside of that week where those new white and green items were available.
    Yes it's been discussed quiet a few times that the rarity of dim items does not equal its value, unlike gear or similar things.

The loot table needs to be looked into to first separate the Stan's unique items (and those that are considered rare as well, such as event boxes, credit-only items and achievement rewards) from all the items that can be bought in Rift store or brought by minions. It is the only way to make the rarity work as intended - whites and greens more common, blue, purple and golden - rare drops. Because right now the rarity just doesn't apply - I can get a blue tod item or a tentacled hedge, they would both be rare-ish but of no value considering the AH and minions.

If Stan's loot table gets adjusted, it will be a huge incentive to actually fish for the lure for those who gave up, and spend mats and plats to make them for those who just stopped using them.

I remember counting hours to be able to use the lure again because I knew it would bring something cool and shiny, even if two pulls out of three would get me decrees or white artis. Right now, it's just a waste of time and plat.

I've also been using Affinity lures on EU since I don't need affinity there for anything else, and from dozens of pulls I've only gotten three valuable dim items (a Shimmersand temple, a white facade and an entry point) and one key I'll never use (Icewatch). I was at about 150 points when I started and I'm using a lure every time I get to 8 points. 3 items! This is definitely an issue. I'll keep fishing but I totally understand when people get frustrated over wasting their points to get nothing of value.

I'm also really hopeful about this because we already have one source of items that are totally unique to this source - the Korvan boxes, they don't drop any store or common items but instead always bring something very nice and unique. So there is a way to make a loot table unique to this particular source (or, in our case, several sources = several lures). Just needs to be looked into and managed.

General of Telara

Yea I haven't crafted lures since ages either, except when I had enough fish from minions. And even then I regretted it.
    Plat sinks just don't work when there's nothing to gain from spending it.

The crafting stashes contain stuff hardly worth the vendor price since crifts drop abundant amounts, the bundles you can get don't seem to be anything particularly special either, and the chance to get a "stan exclusive" dimension items seems pathetic too.
    Minion cards also keep dropping in value as less and less people still need them.

Default Developers...a little time for a huge outcome

Thank you Laeti and responders who have reignited this discussion.

As many know, it took me almost 40k casts to get the lure. I was so excited, beyond ecstatic, and I then fished every time the lure was ready for the next 4 weeks. Fast forward to today and I have not fished for probably 3 months, because it is no longer an opportunity for rare or valued items. I am pretty much throwing my plat into the water along with the lure.

I understand that looking at the table again would take some dedication of time and staff resources for a period, however the outcome would make an incredible difference to player engagement. This would not be a trivial piece of work for developers, I understand that, but once done, the loot table would not need to be changed to such a degree (other than inclusion of new rare pieces at future points perhaps).

I don't know if you have stats as to whether or not players are using the lures, if you did I suspect they would be very very low. I do worry that the new rods and lures, only bought with affinity and hence tied to players logging on, is of more interest to Trion.

Please consider reworking the table, engage with the data the community have given you as to what would be prized, or ask if you need more info. You may be surprised how compelling the lure will once again be if there was inclusion of no longer seen pieces into the table.

Stan's lure was, and could again be a very exciting part of our day to day play, with the promise of something fabulous at just a cast away.

Instead, it's now a memory of something that was, as the rod gathers dust in my bank.

Bella
    Last edited by DLPS; 03-27-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

Problem is, Affinity lures share the loot table, so they have the very same issue and so they are affected by the same effect - personally if I actually needed affinity points on EU, I would never even think of fishing with those lures at all. The rate of lures spent/items received is terrible, I'm just burning them because my ocd won't allow me to accumulate points I'll never use.

I've also seen negative feedback about affinity lures as well, here on the forums, and in dimension chat. So changing the loot table would have a positive impact on all the lures including affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Problem is, Affinity lures share the loot table, so they have the very same issue and so they are affected by the same effect

I've also seen negative feedback about affinity lures as well, here on the forums, and in dimension chat. So changing the loot table would have a positive impact on all the lures including affinity.

I didn't know this! Looks to me like the affects of addressing the deficits in the loot table might reinvigorate the use of affinity too. Trion, you KNOW that means more logging on from players right?

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

I am 'in the same boat', Stan's lure too expensive to craft and the return is often total crap, you either take time to craft common lures for the mats, invest time to catch them, or spend plat to buy and really roll the dice for return.
    At some point Trion said... Fishing rewards are just too good for humans, make them pay, and pay we do if you're using Stan's lure to fish.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

This. So much this.

If you're going to give me 'common' dimension items, make them things we CAN'T get any other way - Freemarch Trees, Planetouched Wild Brush, etc etc etc. These are 'common', but you can never find them on the AH.

What in the everloving hell was the point of BEGGING Morticus to add all that nifty dimension stuff if we can't ever GET any of it through the Stan's Lure loot table because it's clogged with a metric ton of crap that we can get via the minions?!

And speaking of the minions, again, if the system is in place to auto-check rep when a minion returns and provide plat instead, it should do the same damned thing with the lures. At least then I'd get SOMETHING back.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

I, too, have not crafted a Stan's lure in months, and now that the price has increased by half, I am far less likely to ever try again....at least with the current state of events.

Since Mort's departure several months ago, there have been a variety of threads requesting "dev response," yet they have been largely ignored. I was heartened to see Snedhepl respond to Marnth the other day regarding dimension items in "not being able to pick up items...", but it took a strongly worded comment on her part to generate that response, so I'm not sure if this "attention" is indicative of an uptick in dev interest or just a "Little Dutch Boy" maneuver to hold things a little longer.

I was also encouraged to see Krug introducing some dim-related stuff on the PTS, so I don't feel all hope is lost.....I just wish we had some better/more communication from the dev team.

In addition, the new items - from the scratcher accessories to the new building blocks - have been fabulous and show that Trion is working hard to give us new things and we haven't been marginalized as an in-game group....I just don't understand why they can't communicate with us.

Laeti, your suggestions (and those in the comments that followed) are excellent, and thank you for collating the relevant issues into a new, fresh thread that might spark some attention.
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 03-30-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

I miss Morticus too :(

I'm sure we would all benefit from communication especially since dim community is known for always giving constructive feedback in a respectful manner.

Shield of Telara

I feel like all the things we have asked for in the past are now gone with mort's departure. It feels like we have to start again with the things that could improve dimensions. I personally don't have the energy to try anymore. We asked for glass tiles, took years to get. Asked for different colored pillows, took years to get. It finally felt like some of our requests were slowly getting answered. Now all that information that mort had is gone and we do not even know who to talk to about it anymore. If we have a handful of devs working on dims there is no one really keeping track of everything and that is just going to cause things to get missed or forgotten.

I am sure the super rare white/green dim items that used to be in stans lure but now removed are gone forever. The statues and other rare items that came from the original mystery boxes that we have been asking to be returned to the game will be only possessed by elitist dimensioneers. IDK, I give, I will take what I can get and no longer stress on all the things that are actually in game that are unobtainable.
    Last edited by Manasha; 03-30-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Rift Chaser

The lure is to expensive, the loot mostly useless now. I would also never again make so an affort to receive an Item like the pole and lure in future.

I do not believe, that they change something in favor of their player base again.Because it would be a no income investment. Your ideas may be turned into new cash items. I expect nothing more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast