+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: Contest: 99 bottles of beer on the wall

Default Contest: 99 bottles of beer on the wall dim contest

In honor of the upcoming National Homebrew Day, The Gone Fishin' Guild is proud to sponsor the 99 Bottles of Beer dimension contest. From now until Wednesday, May 4th, 2016.

CONTEST RESULTS (These are the serious drinkers!):

Tier 1 - WINNERS
    #1 Vooo FAEBLIGHT - Voookah Bar
    #2 Tersar BRUTWACHT : EU - WGS - Die fliegende Taverne
    #3 Firanelli HAILOL - ...On the Wall

Tier 2 - WINNERS
    #1 Dimensionmojo WOLFSBANE - Last Call at Lo'Riders
    #2 Blythe FAEBLIGHT - Margaritaville
    #3 Jamesen FAEBLIGHT - The Shady Lady

Judges Choice
    Arwhen BRISESOL - The Last Pub Before...
    THE CHALLENGE:
    Here's your chance to show just how serious you are when it comes to DRINKING! Create a seedy tavern, posh pub or anything in between.

DATES:
    This contest will end at 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016, with the winners announced no later than 1200 (Noon) PDT Wednesday, May 11th 2016. Entries posted after the closing time and date will not be accepted.

PRIZES: (because who doesn't like cold hard platinum and escargot?)
    Tier 1 (dimensions with an item limit of 1520 or less)
    1st Place Prize: 4000 PLAT + One 5th Anniversary Racing Snail (Thanks to Ocho for the donation!)
    2nd Place Price: 2000 PLAT
    3rd Place Price: 1000 PLAT

Tier 2 (dimensions with an item limit of more than 1520)
    1st Place Prize: 4000 PLAT + One 5th Anniversary Racing Snail (Thanks to Ocho for the donation!)
    Judges Choice Award: One 5th Anniversary Racing Snail (Thanks to Ocho for the donation!) The judges will collectively pick one dimension that they feel deserves recognition for something unique!
    RULES:
    This contest is open to all shards, EU and NA.
    This contest is for all personal dimensions. No guild dimensions accepted.

Any personal dimension may be used. However, this is a two tiered contest, meaning that the dim you choose will put you into that dimensionís item count tier. CLICK HERE FOR AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE FOR DIM KEYS!
    Many thanks to the Dimension Touring Company for the link!
    The dimensionís item limit is what designates the contest tier you will be placed in. For example if you choose to build in ANYWHERE, the dimension item limit is 2000. This would place you into tier 2, even if you only used 1500 items in the dimension.

This contest is for new builds only. Tearing down an existing dimension for use is permitted.
    Collaborative entries will not be accepted.

**Note (time change made to allow opening of DIMS starting at 1200 (midnight) PDT Tuesday, May 3rd 2016)

Dimensions must be closed to the public until midnight Tuesday, May 3rd 2016.
    Judging begins at 6:00PM PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016.

**slight adjustment to allow opening time, this will give all participants 12 hours to open their dimensions.

Entries must be open for judging no later than 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016, and remain open through the announcement of the winner. Any dimension not open by the closing date for entries will be disqualified from judging.

Shared Toolbox sets ARE NOT allowed.
    The use of add-ons (Toolbox, DT, etc), is permitted.
    One entry per person.

Everything is permitted for building. Premade pieces, etc.

JUDGING CRITERIA:
    Technical quality of construction (technicality, proportion, specification).
    Creative originality, use of materials (originality, high degree of morphing, inceptive)
    Theme (design and construction - blend with everything)

SUBMISSIONS:
    All entries must be submitted no later than 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016. Entries submitted after 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016 will not be considered or accepted.

ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
    Character Name: (annotate if there is a primary character that we should contact instead)
    Shard:
    Dimension Name:
    Tier: (you need to specify which tier you are participating in)

OPTIONAL FOR FUN:
    You may also include a bar advertisement. A one paragraph blurb describing your place.

All entries must be submitted to this thread.

Any questions should be mailed to Kuula.

Kuula is on the FAEBLIGHT SHARD, I can mailed in game or on http://faeblightunited.enjin.com/

FAEBLIGHT - Tier 1
    Character Name: Zamboe
    Dim Name: Shaken not Stirred

HAILOL - Tier 1
    Character Name: Firanelli
    Dimension Name: ...On the Wall
    Well, hello there and welcome to my niche in this world of chaos and terror. Let me take a moment away from my card game of Tri-Umph and share a bit about this tavern and your part in it. I am very happy to have you as a guest though it's important that my guests abide by a few very important rules. Some folks have thought it not necessary to do so. You may notice-or even recognize-one of our recent, not-so-illustrious patrons taking a long deserved nap in his iron... room. He was found wanting at the end of a night of revelry and ruckusness, believing he could just walk out on his bill. He was not the first, just the most recent. Please do not allow his indiscretions deter you. Leave your weapons at the entry, peer through the windows at the wastelands beyond. Afterwards, hang your hat and coat as you enter the restaurant and leave the horrors of the world behind for a few well deserved hours of relaxation. This was a place I had wanted to find throughout all my adventures and travels. There were some decent places, but none were exactly what I sought. This is the place I wanted. So, allow yourself to relax and re-energize with friends in the crystalline booth or breathe in the highly oxygenated atmosphere of the garden booth. Perhaps your party has more to celebrate.... maybe a wedding, a birthday, or an anniversary. We have a special booth that will brighten your lives and raise your spirits. The sounds of the waterfall and mesmerizing fish tank may lure you into a state of relaxation that you have long required. Don't get me wrong, you are welcome to sit at the bar and enjoy the fellowship of others or sit along and bury your sins in a bottle. Hungry? Yes, I wanted a place to not only eat, but a place when what I eat does not remind me of all the years I spent butchering and eating whatever crossed my path. And, as many of you have had to do to survive, butchering and eating some creatures has been questionable at best. Not here. Eat well. Drink well. Enjoy a moment in life. Perhaps if we cross paths herein, we might find much in common enjoy a tale or two upstairs in my personal loft. We might even share a few tankards or brew and a card game of Tri-Umph for a few pouches of gold dust. Speaking of which, I must return to my friends and their gold dust. The cards call to me....
    BRUTWACHT : EU - Tier 1
    Character Name: Tersar
    Dimension Name: " WGS - Die fliegende Taverne "

FAEBLIGHT - Tier 1
    Character Name: Vooo
    Dimension Name: Voookah Bar

FAEBLIGHT - Tier 1
    Character Name: Raynastar
    Dimension name:The Majestic

LAETHYS - Tier 1
    Character Name: Veylin
    Dimension Name: The Haunt (An atypical dive)
    Drink 'til you drop. Happy Hour welcomes the Happy Undead.
    HAILOL - Tier 1
    Character Name: Maevha (Nouvae)
    Dimension Name: The Angry Orchard
    If you happen to be in the Stonefield area stop by the Grand Opening of The Angry Orchard tavern and enjoy a bottle of our crisp hard apple cider. Made with hand-picked apples straight from our grove,.. refreshingly sweet & intense, you won't taste anything quite like it in all of Mathosia. Naturally fermented. Not from concentrate. Drink responsibly.
    BRISESOL - Tier 1
    Character Name: Fuyo
    Dimension Name: The Far Away Tavern

FAEBLIGHT - Tier 2
    Character Name: Blythe
    Dimension Name: Margaritaville
    Come waste away at Margaritaville... we've got booze in the blender & fried, boiled & grilled favorites on our selective menu featuring cheeseburgers so good you'll think they're from paradise! Shirts/shoes are highly discouraged...but a swimsuit will earn you a poolside drink on the house!

Catch our local band the Landsharks every night, and pose for a pic with our smiling resident so you'll have something to show for your visit. ;) (Tattoos coming soon.. ô)

We're located on Shoreward Island - follow the glow of the palms. We'll get the shrimp boilin' ...see you soon.
    GREYBRIAR - Tier 2
    Character Name: Odintia
    Dimension Name: The Hen House

BRISESOL - Tier 2
    Character Name: Arwhen
    Dimension Name: The Last Pub Before...

HAILOL - Tier 2
    Character Name: Mayeve
    Dimension Name: Bucket of Blood

BRUTWACHT : EU - Tier 2
    Character Name: Arashna
    Dimension Name: The Bell & Crown
    Thomas Becket was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1162 until his murder in 1170. He was murdered by four knights sent out by king Henry. Following Becket's death, the monks prepared his body for burial. According to some accounts, it was discovered that Becket had worn a hairshirt under his archbishop's garments - a sign of penance. Soon after, the faithful throughout Europe began venerating Becket as a martyr, and on 21 February 1173 - little more than two years after his death - he was canonised by Pope Alexander III.
    Since then, for centuries, people pilgered to Canterbury for visiting the shrine of Saint Thomas Becket at Canterbury Cathedral. The famous Canterbury Tales were written. Today's pilgrims are called "tourists" but you can still feel the spirit of this place.
    Like in earlier times, people reaching the cathedral hungry and thirsty and since 1862 we can satisfy our hunger and thirst vis-ŗ-vis the cathedral in a pub called "The Bell & Crown".
    But you have to hurry up because closing hour in England is at 10 p.m. ...
    BRISESOL : EU - Tier 2
    Character Name: Aeryla (main caracter: Aeryle)
    Dimension Name: Gare de l'alcool [Aeryle]
    The 13th Train station of the Telara Rail road is a place where drinking is easy. The Train station leads directly to alcohol path where you can find access to the PUB (you will certainly find the big PUB, but will you find the Luxuous PUB?), to alcohol factory and some house for travelers who drink too much. This place is entierly underground, expect one little garden, at the opposite of the station.
    In the train station you will found the perfect train for Drinking. Want to drink during your travel? Now it's possible! You will also find a goods train to export alcohol everywhere on Telara.

WOLFSBANE - Tier 2
    Player: Dimensionmojo (Dimensiondiva)
    Dimension: Last Call at Lo'Riders
    Lo'Riders, watering hole and meeting spot for one of the baddest and lowest gangs of Telara. If you bypass the high road and always take the low road, come hangout with us. If you travel under the radar, come check us out. Leave the high and mighty behind, join the down and dirty crew. Lo'Riders, cold beer, good times.
    GREYBRIAR - Tier 2
    Player: Anaemeah
    Dimension: Tlaev'Ohtua
    DJ Azonomis invites you to spend some time dancing and drinking to their favourite beats. Its a lil fancy but a lot of fun
    BRUTWACHT - Tier 2
    Character Name: Chulya ( Chulia )
    Dimension Name: WGS- Nightclub on ICE

FAEBLIGHT - Tier 2
    Character Name: Jamesen@Faeblight
    Dimension Name: The Shady Lady
    Rising out of the dense jungle like a misplaced toy, The Shady Lady remains one of the few surviving artifacts of an era of Mathosian colonialism that never quite found a foothold on Ember Isle. Although the surrounding settlements have long since been reclaimed by the jungle, this tavern still stands in defiance of the creeping inevitability of time, and happily serves both natives and mainland ex-patriots alike, so long as they have the required coin.
    GREYBRIAR - Tier 2
    Character Name: Emerald
    Dimension Name: The Barleybrook Brewery
    A tavern tucked into the nook
    Of foothill and babbling brook
    Stop in for an ale
    Or adventurous tale
    At the merry old Brewery of Barleybrook
    WOLFSBANE - Tier 2
    Character Name: Alynai
    Dimension Name: "Satyrday Night Fever" -Tulan
    **Heavy particle effects**
    you may need to relog before entering

A LITTLE ABOUT THE JUDGES:
    VIEYE (Architectural Admirer)
    "Paralegal by day, MMO addict by night! As a life long gamer, I consider video games a perfect union between science and art. I have a background in fine arts and enjoy the challenges 'dimension-ing' offers. When designing in game, I aim to create something that will serve my second love - Role Playing. Structurally sound, proportionally correct, and unique architecture are my passions ~ I'm more of the architect and would rather leave the interior decorating to someone else! That being said, I am often easily impressed with the details and decorations some dimmers put into their creations. To win a 5 from me and my admiration, a well decorated, creative, unique building with strong architectural designs is a must! Some of my favorite dimmers: Jamesen@faeblight Feendish@greybriar" Note: Vieye was the single architect that designed and built the Citadel Of Tereine...truly a work of art.

FEENDISH (Nitpicking word that rhymes with rich)
    First started playing Rift in 2011, took a little break for while, and came back in January of 2013. She's been playing ever since. She's also played LoTRO, SWTOR, WoW, Archeage, and some beta EQ Landmark. She builds dimensions and does PvP.
    68 Dims completed (here are some favorites
    Temple of the Grey Lords, by Whatchacallit@Greybriar
    Forest's Edge, by Feendish@Zaviel
    Cherry Blossom, by Baradara@Greybriar
    Piazza della Rotonda, by Feendish@Greybriar
    Frozen Tower of the Ancients, by Baradara@Greybriar
    Black Flower Shrine, by Whatchacallit@Greybriar
    Cloud Garden, by Feendish@Greybriar
    The Shadowed Vale, by Feendish@Greybriar

KUULA (The Fisherman)
    Began playing WoW in 2009 until 2013. In 2014 I moved to RIFT, looking for something with less raiding and more creativity. Our guild, Gone Fishin', has a casual/social vibe for those who like to fish, dim and well...whatever. I completely love building, exploring and touring dimensions. I like to dabble a bit in RP, but I get very particular about dimensioneering. (on the dark side and IC), Kuula is currently battling mind control issues with Crucia. He is undergoing self-therapy while in refuge at the Citadel of Tereine.
    Dims created - Kuula's Guest House, Revelation, and Cottage Cheese
    Last edited by Kuula; 05-09-2016 at 06:03 AM.

woohoo!

Does that make the tour of entries an official ..pub crawl?!! yessssssss..love it!

My entry will be:

Margaritaville
    Dimension: Shoreward Island, Tier 2 (over 1520)
    Character: Blythe@Faeblight
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-02-2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: adding dim name
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Awesome cant wait to see what pops out of this one

This is an awesome idea, and I've actually started building a nightclub lol, but I'm planning to use it in a video so it will be kind of 'open to public' before the contest date. I'm not entering this one, but good luck all, and I can't wait for the Rift pubcrawling day!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuula View Post
    In honor of the upcoming National Homebrew Day, The Gone Fishin' Guild is proud to sponsor the 99 Bottles of Beer dimension contest. From now until Wednesday, May 4th, 2016.

The Challenge: Here's your chance to show just how serious you are when it comes to DRINKING! Create a seedy tavern, posh pub or anything in between.

Dates:

This contest will end at 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016, with the winners announced no later than 1200 (Noon) PDT Wednesday, May 11th 2016. Entries posted after the closing time and date will not be accepted.

Prizes: (because who doesn't just like cold hard platinum?)

1st Place Prize: 4000 PLAT

1st Place Prize: 4000 PLAT

Rules:

This contest is open to all shards, EU and NA.

This contest is for all personal dimensions. No guild dimensions accepted.

Any personal dimension may be used. However, this is a two tiered contest, meaning that the dim you choose will put you into that dimensionís item count tier. Here is a reference for dimension keys:
    http://www.dimensiongallery.com/dimension-keys-guide/

The dimensionís item limit is what designates the contest tier you will be placed in. For example if you choose to build in ANYWHERE, the dimension item limit is 2000. This would place you into tier 2, even if you only used 1500 items in the dimension.

This contest is for new builds only. Tearing down an existing dimension for use is permitted.

Collaborative entries will not be accepted.

Dimensions must be closed to the public until judging begins at 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016.

Entries must be open for judging no later than 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016, and remain open through the announcement of the winner. Any dimension not open by the closing date for entries will be disqualified from judging.

Shared Toolbox sets ARE NOT allowed.

The use of add-ons (Toolbox, DT, etc), is permitted.

One entry per person.

The Challenge: Create a tavern. A place of business where people gather to drink alcohol.

Everything is permitted for building. Premade pieces, etc.

Judging Criteria:

Technical quality of construction (technicality, proportion, specification).
    Creativity, originality, use of materials (originality, high degree of morphing, eccentric)
    Theme (design and construction - blend with everything)

Submissions: All entries must be submitted no later than 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016. Entries submitted after 1200 (Noon) PDT on Wednesday, May 4th 2016 will not be considered or accepted.

All entries must include the following information:

Character Name: (annotate if there is a primary character that we should contact instead)
    Shard:
    Dimension Name:

All entries must be submitted to this thread.

Any questions should be mailed to Kuula.

Kuula is on the FAEBLIGHT SHARD, I can mailed in game or on http://faeblightunited.enjin.com/
    Awesome! Ya know just when I was about done with dim's lol.....but this sounds awesome! may the best drunk win lol
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Soulwalker

Default Entry Arashna

When I first read the contests' theme, I thought : DAMNED! Cause I built a drinking and celebrating rat pack for DTC's contest "Cozy Cottage 2"... and now alcolohl again...

But, there is one little pub which I visited a... long time ago (omg I'm old) and where we had 99 bottles of beer...no, wait...not 99 ... it was more.
    This pub is locaded in Canterbury (UK) vis-ŗ-vis the famous St. Thomas Cathedral. In this historical place, we were the drinking and celebrating rat pack and therefore, this will be my entry.

Character Name: Arashna
    Shard: Brutwacht, EU
    Dimension Name: The Bell & Crown
    Tier: T2
    Last edited by Arashna; 04-02-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Mine will be:

Character Name: Aeryla (main caracter: Aeryle)
    Shard: Brisesol EU
    Dimension Name: Gare de l'alcool [Aeryle]
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Odintia
    Tier two : The Hen House
    Greybriar
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

Shadowlander

Default entry

Hello,
    I would like to enter, I am on Hailo, My name is Mayeve, the Dimention Anywhere, the Pub is the Bucket of blood, Could you plz let me know if you have recived this entry! thank you.
    I mailed you in game haven't heard back,
    Thank you! very excited my 1st Dim contest

Default You are in! Thanks for the entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayeve View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to enter, I am on Hailo, My name is Mayeve, the Dimention Anywhere, the Pub is the Bucket of blood, Could you plz let me know if you have recived this entry! thank you.
    I mailed you in game haven't heard back,
    Thank you! very excited my 1st Dim contest
    Sorry I didn't get your in game mail, but I have you on the list!

Get building!

I find this idea of competition is .... refreshing. I start construction, I hope to finish in time to register.

Default Tier Level.

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    woohoo!

Does that make the tour of entries an official ..pub crawl?!! yessssssss..love it!

My entry will be:

Margaritaville
    Dimension: Shoreward Island
    Character: Blythe@Faeblight
    We don't need to know the Key Name, but please reference the Tier you are participating in.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Kuula; 04-02-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuula View Post
    We don't need to know the Key Name, but please reference the Tier you are participating in.
    Thank you!
    Fixed!
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    Fixed!
    Thanks, we are making progress!

Default 99 Bottles of Beer Entry

Character Name: Firanelli
    Shard: Hailol
    Dimension Name: ...On the Wall
    Tier: 1

Thank you =)

P.S. A confirmation reply would be appreciated.
    The Dimesioneers are looking for... well... dimensioneers. Send me mail and check us out. ~Firanelli@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast