+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 2 Post By Marigold

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Water blocks acting strange

  1. #1
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,158

    Default Water blocks acting strange

    Hello fellow addicts <3

    With all the cool new blocks added recently I couldn't help but replace some of my "water" morphs with real water, and here's what bugs me. When I place two Water cubes in line, the edges are showing even when they're lined up perfectly. I've tried both copy+paste with DT (which only causes flickering sometimes, and it wasn't the case here), I also tried moving both to the exact same 'absolute' coordinates, and then lined them up manually leaving the 'height'/Y intact.

    Both times, the edges of each block would show and make the water look weird. Like, in a bathtub I used two cubes and there's a clear line in the middle between them I can't possibly get rid of.


    So I just wanted to confirm it's not just me and my butthands, and if I'm right, then is it intended or there's a way to fix it in future? Thank you <3
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    later this week we will look at a fix for this. Thanks for reporting
    Last edited by Marigold; 03-14-2016 at 08:55 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    later this week we will look at a fix for this. Thanks for reporting
    Thank you! ^.^
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    I just bought a water cube, and it just looks weird to me...
    It doesn't look very transparent to begin with, but rather metallic.

    However the weirdest part is that the reflection of my character in it was upside down, and when I rotated the cube, the reflection rotated too, but twice as fast as the cube actually. So at 90 my character was upright, but still mirrored xD

    Right now they are not "water cubes" but "crazy effect cubes"...

  5. #5
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    I just bought a water cube, and it just looks weird to me...
    It doesn't look very transparent to begin with, but rather metallic.

    However the weirdest part is that the reflection of my character in it was upside down, and when I rotated the cube, the reflection rotated too, but twice as fast as the cube actually. So at 90 my character was upright, but still mirrored xD

    Right now they are not "water cubes" but "crazy effect cubes"...
    My water looks like water, the only thing I can say other than the edge issue is that dropping one and moving it turned my arrows and other control tools into grey transparent things :) It's not a big deal tho and I'm pretty sure it was already reported.

    I actually love both glass and water blocks, they surely bring some life and realism into the dims, I'm really happy we have them now <3 Just like all new things, they have glitches, it's natural :)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  6. #6
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    994

    Default

    I am having weird bugs with water building blocks too...

    so usually they are greenish water color. Sometimes (happened with a rectangle for me) they are black, even if I pick it up and drop it again. And after a while, they suffer from the effect loss other items have too, and are transparent (still have the watery effect though, just lose all other color).

    They are still awesome, and a lot of cool effects can be made with them, and I just love you for giving us glass and water building blocks :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

  7. #7
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Just wondering, is the display in the Rift shop/vendor UI bugged for you too? Not only the water blocks, but also for things like ponds, dream foci etc. the transparent part is totally displaced and showing somewhere at the bottom edge of the store UI.
    The water blocks actually seem to be made of two layers, they look black and their water effect shows below them (looks almost like an animated glass building block)...which matches pretty much the two bugged states Maegwyn described ^^

    The "normal" preview works as expected, just the one embedded in the store is screwed for me since...uhm...about as long as warlocks have their annoying glow over their head permanently, so quite a few weeks now.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    I am having weird bugs with water building blocks too...

    so usually they are greenish water color. Sometimes (happened with a rectangle for me) they are black, even if I pick it up and drop it again. And after a while, they suffer from the effect loss other items have too, and are transparent (still have the watery effect though, just lose all other color).

    They are still awesome, and a lot of cool effects can be made with them, and I just love you for giving us glass and water building blocks :-)
    Happened to me once, solved by leaving the dim and re-entering. But, I have to say, I got this particular bug with open world water as well, it sometimes shows black for me, but it's because of my ducked up gpu and its drivers (usually happens after the game has been running for a couple hours at least).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    "about as long as warlocks have their annoying glow over their head permanently,"

    hmm, is this triggered by an ability that does not go away? or is it always there regardless?
    Last edited by Marigold; 03-16-2016 at 11:43 AM.

  10. #10
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Marigold, yes it seems to be triggered by void barrage and persist (<< that ability really lives up to its name now ) and stays several minutes (or so). There's several threads already, like:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...-plz-look.html
    </offtopic>
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 03-16-2016 at 01:16 PM.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Marigold, yes it seems to be triggered by void barrage and persist (<< that ability really lives up to its name now ) and stays several minutes (or so). There's several threads already, like:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...-plz-look.html
    </offtopic>
    Thanks! working on a fix

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    also will look at the graphics issues with water noted above

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts