+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NEW water, ice and glas items feedback

Cool NEW water, ice and glas items feedback

Hello folks,

first of all a big thx to the devs for bringing water glas and ice into the game.

BUT!...

Water:

As i mentioned before, water with a collider doesnt make sence to me at all!

Why?

Because not everyone likes to morph a "jesus while walking on water dimension"...and nothing else...

I feel like many of us requested water tiles to build thinks like bathtubs, ponds, fountains etc with water visuals and characteristics that they know from real life, to actually be able to build somthing u can swim or at least sit in.
    I personally dont have a problem with not be able to swim inside the new water items...but to not be able to sit in a water tub with a water circle used as a water like surface is sht...sry

Glas:

Works good for me... a bit lighter color and no depth would be better for me, because glas will be mostly used for glas (such as windows etc) but hey its a start.

Ice:

Uhm...NO...simply...NO!

If a joke needs to be explained, then its no joke at all! And this joke srsly needs a lot of explanmation to me...

I srsly wanned to call Amnesty international to get u immediate help if water in your country looks like THIS when u freeze it...But then i thougth, maybe we havent bin specific enough about things so that little mistakes in visual appearance happend when programming frozen swamp-muddish-substance and srsly calling it ice...urgh..

Sry to be so "open and honest", i dont mean to be disrespectfull at this point.
    But i think ppl know me for an hones and open feedback coming from my heart, when it comes to dimensioning AND the whole game.

Thank u and pls continue your great work on Rift. Still (and always will be) a big Rift fan here!

//Atraius

Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post

Water:

As i mentioned before, water with a collider doesnt make sence to me at all!

Why?

Because not everyone likes to morph a "jesus while walking on water dimension"...and nothing else...

I feel like many of us requested water tiles to build thinks like bathtubs, ponds, fountains etc with water visuals and characteristics that they know from real life, to actually be able to build somthing u can swim or at least sit in.
    I personally dont have a problem with not be able to swim inside the new water items...but to not be able to sit in a water tub with a water circle used as a water like surface is sht...sry

Yes yes and yes! lol omg...I filled my tub with water...jumped in expecting to sit down and soak in the tub and......um......not so much. :P

The look is great but...I do agree it would be fantastic to pass through it and "into" it
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

General of Telara

I find myself shaking my head as I write this..but.....Are there no credit options to purchase these?
    Korvac the conquerer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    I find myself shaking my head as I write this..but.....Are there no credit options to purchase these?
    Well if you are patient people will sell these pretty cheap, considering you can only spend like 4k tickets to unlock all things, with alts inlcuded its 5-6k, and many are already above 5k tickets.

(Check rankings-general-instant adventures completed-set to top 50: you will see the people who are most likely to have these for sale)

Telaran

The water is just weird. Really. Weird. Like it came from a limestone quarry or something (hollah if ya'll know what I mean). The glass is a little dark but functional. i think of it as having a built-in layer of sun-block film to save on heating costs.
    Last edited by Aoiyuri; 03-16-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetmes View Post
    Well if you are patient people will sell these pretty cheap, considering you can only spend like 4k tickets to unlock all things, with alts inlcuded its 5-6k, and many are already above 5k tickets.

(Check rankings-general-instant adventures completed-set to top 50: you will see the people who are most likely to have these for sale)
    On Faeblight there's only one of each block up at a time on the auction house and usually around 100p EACH! I would love to just splurge a whole load of my credit stash on these if I could and really hope that they aren't a one time only thing. It would be a sin for something so awesome to only be available for this event and never again.
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Shadowlander

I've been working with the water/glass tiles since they came out.

-The glass pieces should "meld" with one another. It's GLASS. Placing multiple pieces you're forced to put solid pieces in between each "pane" in order to create something that doesn't just look odd.

-The water tiles are a joke. Who the heck wants to WALK on water. I'm not asking for a place to swim, but these can't be used for anything "water" related such as aquariums. Placing any object within the "water" makes it unable to be seen. The outside effect is nice, but just as useless as water terrain paint.

-If we are going to have round pieces (of any type) give us CIRCULAR tiles to put around them. Half circles, 1/4 circles... would be great. After that some circular windows, doors, etc.

-Ice, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    On Faeblight there's only one of each block up at a time on the auction house and usually around 100p EACH! I would love to just splurge a whole load of my credit stash on these if I could and really hope that they aren't a one time only thing. It would be a sin for something so awesome to only be available for this event and never again.
    That's crazy. Especially now, while they're still common.
    I've been selling them on EU at 1:1 rate, and when I first started, my price was 1st in AH history. Hopefully not to go any higher now that I see such crazy numbers lol
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Alystria View Post
    I've been working with the water/glass tiles since they came out.

-The glass pieces should "meld" with one another. It's GLASS. Placing multiple pieces you're forced to put solid pieces in between each "pane" in order to create something that doesn't just look odd.

-The water tiles are a joke. Who the heck wants to WALK on water. I'm not asking for a place to swim, but these can't be used for anything "water" related such as aquariums. Placing any object within the "water" makes it unable to be seen. The outside effect is nice, but just as useless as water terrain paint.

-If we are going to have round pieces (of any type) give us CIRCULAR tiles to put around them. Half circles, 1/4 circles... would be great. After that some circular windows, doors, etc.

-Ice, ugh.
    What's actually really funny about this, is that when the blocks were on PTS, the water building blocks had collision problems. You could pass through certain parts of the blocks, but not say, the sides.

Personally, I greatly prefer the water tiles the way they are - I would not want to pass through them. Nothing irritates me more about the existing ponds in the game than the lack of material between the water line and the walking area of the ponds. However, I can see where you are coming from. Oh, and I definitely agree that the glass needs fixing.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Default (Slightly) Wetter Water

Good comments on the water, we'll be making a set of water objects without collision in addition to the current ones. Unfortunately they won't be able to provide actual swimming functionality, but you'll be able to at least get your tubs filled.

Default Hi, Blazing Octopus

So nice to see your response. Will you be joining us on a regular basis?
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

I second this ^

Please tell us you'll take care of us :)

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

BlazingOctopus has always been around. He is actually one of the earliest Trion employees.

But he is not a designer - he is part of our art team. There should be news on the designer front soon for who will be taking over support of professions and dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    BlazingOctopus has always been around. He is actually one of the earliest Trion employees. :)

But he is not a designer - he is part of our art team. There should be news on the designer front soon for who will be taking over support of professions and dimensions.
    That's great to hear, thank you :)

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

I'll definitely be around more and doing what I can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast