+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Glass & Water building blocks

  1. #1
    Ascendant Wonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Glass & Water building blocks

    If I decided to use these I'd have to spent the rest of my month farming the tickets for enough to make anything worth while building, and that's assuming I don't want the earrings, the mount or anything else offered, let alone time to build something.. Thanks for offering them, but next time you launch a new dimension item please remove it from the moon and place it on earth so we can actually have real shot at making use of them.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    I agree with this. The one time I wish they had a credit price along with the event tickets and they don't have it. I have been playing this game for five years and I have never random dungeon queued. I used to do WFs until they changed the gear system. So the two weeks where these are bonus currency I am screwed, I refuse to do them no matter how many tickets you give out. I did IAs yesterday giving 2 a piece. I assume after this week they will be down to 1, not worth doing when you will need so many and when I am about ready to cut myself after the second hour of IAs. I tried doing zone events to see if that was worth so maybe I would have something to do after the bonus IA week. But one token for one event is a ridiculous waste of time.

    I spent ALL my free time doing IAs yesterday and was only able to get the dim key. Now only six days left and I need more than double that for the mount. I want those capes but at 75 a pop there is no way. Which all these things are fine for currency, I am used to it. But why the building materials? They are actually amazing. Are these building materials now a seasonal thing you can only get once a year? There is no way I will be able to get enough tickets to get any decent amount of building mats to do much with.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Atraius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    254

    Default

    I'm fine with the ticket prices. I just wonder what will happen when the event ends...will i be able to obtain these BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS! somehow?

    //Atraius

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atraius View Post
    I'm fine with the ticket prices. I just wonder what will happen when the event ends...will i be able to obtain these BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS! somehow?

    //Atraius
    Same here, the prices seem reasonable at first, but will we have to stockpile as many as we can, because in the future we will have to buy loads of credit gamble boxes to get some?

    About the capes, yea definitely too much grinding for me too, you can get hundreds of building blocks for what the collection costs...or actually, all the other things together and then some.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'm fine with them being limited to the anniversary and only costing tickets, After the event they should slide of to the shop where the Devs and artist who made it can make sure their work is in game for good to be used. Also means the money time spent on the dimension building blocks generates more money to keep this game going. Am I missing something? Is there a logical reason they will be gone after the event?

  6. #6
    Champion Blythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaoss View Post
    After the event they should slide of to the shop where the Devs and artist who made it can make sure their work is in game for good to be used.
    I hope so! *crosses fingers* I have dreams for a glass greenhouse

    I know this is slow but...one thing I've been doing to grab a ticket in about 1 min of work is running to Unstable events as soon as they pop. You only have to find 1 unstable artifact to get credit for the 'event' and...a ticket as a reward You can stack multiple unstable events too so....find one..move to another shard/zone whatever. I know it isn't fast but, works for me as I'm still trying to finish my dim for the contest lol I did manage to get about 25 tickets last night and a tub and two sinks full of water
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

  7. #7
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    I am sure they will be available after the event ends, it's not like any other event stuff we get once a year since this one is a one time event.

    I'm also fine with the price, it's really cheap, and I love that we have different kinds of activities to earn those tickets. It's not like you only need to do IAs for 4 weeks in a row lol. If you don't enjoy one of them or even all of them - you always have weeklies and zone events to replace it, yes it will be a longer grind, but it is your choice to not participate in one of the activities. The event is meant to fit everyone at some point.

    As someone who doesn't have the time to farm all activities daily and spend countless hours on it, I think this is a great way to get some new and awesome stuffs just for doing things most of us would be doing anyways. I wouldn't even worry about those bblocks being event-only - it's not like people would work on something that awesome to only make it available for 1 month in 5 years. So cheer up.


    After all, it was the community that said "we do not want RNG" and "we do not want credit only prices". Well here it is, and to me, it's a really nice way of giving those things to us.
    Last edited by Laeti; 03-10-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    I'm very fine with how those building blocks are available at the moment. The price is reasonable, and Alliandre will finally get to level 65 today ;-) ... my only fear is they won't be there anymore after the event, there is no way I can collect enough tickets for those building blocks to last a whole year :-(
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

  9. #9
    General of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    978

    Default Frustrated

    Echoing some of the other posts in this thread with frustration.

    Some folks have time on their hands. Some folks have more money than time. An event like this greatly favors the folks who have lots of time to play the game. And the rest of us will have to sacrifice all the other things we want to do with our precious little game time in order to grind IAs or what have you to get tickets.

    This is a circumstance where I would spend money on dimension items rather than grind for tickets because there just isn't the time. Nevermind that there is no way in hell that I can compete for the nice leaderboard prizes.

    Sometimes I really wonder who makes the decisions about how events will roll out. In this case, it is very much slanted to favor the folks who have lots of time to play. Maybe this is somehow supposed to offset the perception that nice things are geared to the whales? I don't know, but I'm pretty frustrated.

    Gratz to all of you in advance on your tickets and goodies and prizes. *kicks a stone*
    Last edited by Jaedor; 03-11-2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Well the building blocks arent bound, you can just buy them from others, ppl going for top ranks will have way too much excess tickets anyway

  11. #11
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Well you can't really suggest the event with such prizes should actually cater to those with more money than time. That would be outrageous.

    I get the frustration of those who don't have time to play for countless hours, I'm one of those people myself. But it's an in-game event, people are supposed to play the game, not just buy their way up or cheat in any other ways. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not meant to offend, it's just what I think.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  12. #12
    General of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Well you can't really suggest the event with such prizes should actually cater to those with more money than time. That would be outrageous.

    I get the frustration of those who don't have time to play for countless hours, I'm one of those people myself. But it's an in-game event, people are supposed to play the game, not just buy their way up or cheat in any other ways. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not meant to offend, it's just what I think.
    Yeah I get it. I know they want people in the game playing. It just seems really unbalanced. But maybe that's just my lesson for the month on how it feels.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

  13. #13
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Yeah I get it. I know they want people in the game playing. It just seems really unbalanced. But maybe that's just my lesson for the month on how it feels.
    The way I see it, they've found a pretty balanced way of distributing rewards, really. It includes all the activities people would be doing anyways, so it's not like you have to do something unusual. They even squeezed in the zone events given how many people used those to earn event marks in the past, so even those who don't even want to do anything still have a way to build some tickets just tagging events once in a while. Then the leaderboards count those who put in hours and hours of playtime, making it absolutely fair that the ones who play more get more chances. Yes there's the bot problem but I'm sure they've considered it and will take measures in case of any cheating.

    Don't forget there is absolutely no rng involved in the event purchases (something the dim community alone has been dreaming of for as long as I can remember), and the fact that there is no credit price means everyone will have to work for stuff equally, not just "oh I'm gonna throw in a crapton of $$$ and buy everything without even setting foot outside the city".

    Of course there is a downside - those who only prefer one activity and those with life will not get as many stuffs as those who play a lot. But, it is in-game rewards for playing the game. Shouldn't be any other way.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  14. #14
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    The way I see it, they've found a pretty balanced way of distributing rewards, really. It includes all the activities people would be doing anyways, so it's not like you have to do something unusual. They even squeezed in the zone events given how many people used those to earn event marks in the past, so even those who don't even want to do anything still have a way to build some tickets just tagging events once in a while. Then the leaderboards count those who put in hours and hours of playtime, making it absolutely fair that the ones who play more get more chances. Yes there's the bot problem but I'm sure they've considered it and will take measures in case of any cheating.

    Don't forget there is absolutely no rng involved in the event purchases (something the dim community alone has been dreaming of for as long as I can remember), and the fact that there is no credit price means everyone will have to work for stuff equally, not just "oh I'm gonna throw in a crapton of $$$ and buy everything without even setting foot outside the city".

    Of course there is a downside - those who only prefer one activity and those with life will not get as many stuffs as those who play a lot. But, it is in-game rewards for playing the game. Shouldn't be any other way.
    It's not the game playing aspect so much as the competitive aspect. Personally, I have no issue with grinding tickets, but I'm like many others who can kiss goodbye the chance to get in the top 100 or even the top 1k because I work 12 hours a day and there's not much I can do about that, and that kind of sucks.

    So far as the blocks go, before this gets too much more derailed, I think a lot of people are wary about them being brought back because we're used to the normal World Event items, that are only available during the event, and to make sure you have enough for the year, it's an interminable amount of grinding or your first born child in credits.

    And if the blocks are brought back, I would not be surprised to see them in yet another RNG lockbox, because that seems to be the new fashion for building blocks.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  15. #15
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    It's not the game playing aspect so much as the competitive aspect. Personally, I have no issue with grinding tickets, but I'm like many others who can kiss goodbye the chance to get in the top 100 or even the top 1k because I work 12 hours a day and there's not much I can do about that, and that kind of sucks.

    So far as the blocks go, before this gets too much more derailed, I think a lot of people are wary about them being brought back because we're used to the normal World Event items, that are only available during the event, and to make sure you have enough for the year, it's an interminable amount of grinding or your first born child in credits.

    And if the blocks are brought back, I would not be surprised to see them in yet another RNG lockbox, because that seems to be the new fashion for building blocks.
    Well, for what it's worth, even if I could play 12 hours a day, just the thought of running IAs for 12hrs straight... that's some black magic I cannot master. Pretty sure once they eliminate the bots and accounts played by multiple people in a row, there won't be that many crazy numbers left.

    As for bblocks - although I'm sure they'll come back after the event, I won't be surprised if they came in lockboxes similar to ice stuff. I just wish those boxes had fixed amount of certain blocks so we wouldn't have to deal with rng, credit only price is something I'm fine with in that case.

    Oh and also fyi - I'm excluded from the draw lol, so it's not like I'm saying it's all good because I'm aiming at a prize or something;) I'm not (and wasn't actually even before I knew I couldn't participate).
    Last edited by Laeti; 03-11-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts