+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Zemia

Thread: Dimension Tools help

Default Dimension Tools help

I've been looking everywhere trying to find some kind of tutorial on how to use the import/export feature on this add-on, with no luck.

DimensionAddicts.com has a great deal of custom item sets I wanted to try out in my own dims, but I have no idea how to import the data it provides. The help function within is sorta helpful, but I think it's assuming I know anything about code and overwriting game files, of which I know nothing, though it doesn't stop me from trying, hence this post. I need a Dummies guide.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zemia View Post
    I've been looking everywhere trying to find some kind of tutorial on how to use the import/export feature on this add-on, with no luck.

DimensionAddicts.com has a great deal of custom item sets I wanted to try out in my own dims, but I have no idea how to import the data it provides. The help function within is sorta helpful, but I think it's assuming I know anything about code and overwriting game files, of which I know nothing, though it doesn't stop me from trying, hence this post. I need a Dummies guide.
    There used to be a good PDF guide on riftdreamdimensions.com.

For myself, I've never figured it out, so I keep Toolbox installed as well, especially for the DA sets. And for that, I wrote this Set Sharing piece a while back (shameless plug!).

If you use DT, you can still just select TBX sets from the load/save window, and it works with the functionality of DT (i.e, pulling items from your bags, etc).
    Last edited by Feendish; 03-01-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I bookmarked your shameless plug.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thank you, glad it was helpful!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

General of Telara

Well the sets on dimensionaddicts are Toolbox sets, not Dimension Tools exports, so you have to use Toolbox to import.

But I really don't understand what's so hard about finding your Dimtools_Export.lua...
    Maybe try this: Go to the addons settings in Rift, it has a button "Open Addon Directory".
    In the Explorer window that opens, go up one level and you should see the "Saved" folder...
    Saved/SavedVariables/Dimtools_Export.lua is the file you want.

Thanks Lynx3d, I'd wondered why it didn't work. I'd stopped using Toolbox cause I was having issues with it.

And the problem wasn't with where the file was, I knew where it was, how to open it and whatnot. I just wasn't really sure where the code was supposed to go. Inside the brackets, outside the brackets. I'm clueless about these things sometimes, but once I know how it's fine.

I understand everything. /unstoppable

General of Telara

Well Dimtools_Export.lua isn't supposed to be edited by hand really, it's basically just a "clipboard" file. Replace it with the file from someone else, and you can import what he/she exported to it.

You can also use it as backup, e.g. if your don't want saved sets of one build to fill up your list forever, export them, and archive Dimtools_Export.lua wherever you think it's safe.

+ Reply to Thread