+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Artewig
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Pathways, Walkways?

Soulwalker

Default Pathways, Walkways?

Are there dimension items that add pathways/walkways. trails etc to dimensions?
    Last edited by Sposs82; 02-27-2016 at 06:03 PM.

I wish they would add dirt......

The closest thing I was able to find for my Dormant Core dimension was using the underside of the Ember Isle Giant Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post

The closest thing I was able to find for my Dormant Core dimension was using the underside of the Ember Isle Giant Palm.
    Ty Artewig,

Anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe something else they used to create pathways/walkways etc?

Shield of Telara

There is a scarwood pathway items. However, it is a white item which there is not a real place to get them anymore since whites were taking from stans lure. I had been begging for them to make those scarwood walkways more accessible or frankly any facades and walkways. But I have little hope that walkways will be added anytime soon now that mort is gone. Mort knew what we wanted and what we had been asking for, which he did get some them implemented. Now we have three people that are going to tag team dim items. No one has even responded to that one thread if we were ever going to get someone dedicated to dim items again. Or how dims are going to be handled now that morts gone, if we have anyone who is actually listening to what is being said.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sposs82 View Post
    Ty Artewig,

Anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe something else they used to create pathways/walkways etc?
    Elven Tables make for some pretty decent looking natural pathing, but depending on what size you're wanting to cover, they may not be feasible for the item limit.

Gloamwood Walls/Wall Curves/Wall Segments can also make some great pathing when turned upside down (think old looking and mossy). More, at maximum scale, they are quite large.

Brevanic Walls/Wall Curves/Wall Segments for something a little more like a formal walkway. At max scale, the walls size up to 48 game units (a standard rectangle is only 13.5 at max size, so there's a benefit there that can counter the price, as the Brevanic pieces are trophies).

You can flip Mossy Boulders and Leafy Boulders upside down, and they'll be almost perfectly flat on top. Downside, again, is quantity. The boulders scale pretty well, but for a large area, perhaps something else might work better.

The EI Tree upside down, as Artewig suggested, is another good item for covering a lot of area in a few items. You would then shape the landscaping around your path, instead of molding the path to the landscape.

Cairns make for some nice pathing materials, also. The downside with them (the closest to a brick finish that's not brown or mossy) is that the underside doesn't have collision, so you have to add in something under the surface or you and your visitors will fall and get stuck.

Low, Medium and Mossy Walls can also make some decent path materials.

The undersides of Mausoleums have a nice, gray brick pattern.

The scaffolding pieces, if you don't mind rustic wood. Sink those down into the ground, and they make some nice paths, also.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by Feendish; 02-27-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

The main reason I went for the upside-down Ember Isle Giant Palms was because when you are trying to build a walkway out of several smaller items, it's often difficult to get them to line up perfectly (Especially when the item isn't completely flat or rectangular) and in Rift, the smallest bump can send your character flying. Then again, I'm sure the majority of the dimension community is far more patient than I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

The main reason I went for the upside-down Ember Isle Giant Palms was because when you are trying to build a walkway out of several smaller items, it's often difficult to get them to line up perfectly (Especially when the item isn't completely flat or rectangular) and in Rift, the smallest bump can send your character flying. Then again, I'm sure the majority of the dimension community is far more patient than I am.
    They're probably more patient than I am, too.

If there's a problem with things being uneven, a ramp made from an invisible tile overlaying whatever's crooked can still maintain the appearance but keep things smooth.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Awesome suggestions everyone thank you very much.

The underside of planar fire rocks makes great dirt surface, also Ravaged Earth terrain paint is great if you need to cover the base terrain.

Also, Ashoran mushroom rocks can work as a great sandy surface/pathway - they're almost flat and scale pretty large.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

All great work arounds, all that said though, would be awsome if they added actuall pathway Dim items.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

+ Reply to Thread