+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By Kitasia
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Amielle
  • 3 Post By kaymcleod

Thread: Common or Commonly Seen

Default Common or Commonly Seen

I have been wanting to bring this subject up for a while . Seems we got nerfed on some awesome items and it is all our fault.

When we use words like common, uncommon and rare. The Rift devs see " Common ", " Uncommon ", :" " Rare " When what we mean is we commonly see or rarely see. The actual color rarity has nothing to do with a item being rare.

Here is a example of what was nerfed.
    http://dimensionaddicts.com/node/3156#comment-981
    Its rarity is Common. However it is one of the rarest items in the game.

There are tons of items out there that we may never see because of a few simple word mix ups. People link me items every week they cant find on the site. They had gotten out of the boxes that were complained about during harvest. Things that were stans loot that are no more. because of a simple mis-translation.

I would love to see these items brought back plus many others we have only seen once or twice.

So in short, Common or Commonly Seen my hope is in the future we can not get our wires crossed

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Chatted to Morticus about this, he understood what we meant.

Asked him about these new items when Autumn Harvest came and we got them in the grab bags and he said they had been around since Stans Lure. After that I wondered out loud if we never see them because the lure itself also shares common rarity with artifacts and wardrobe. The adjustments to grab bags over Autumn Harvest were due to these conversations and other conversations held over the weeks on Skype hitting home the importance of small items and tiles etc these things are slowly rolling out.

Back to the common rarity items though and the difference between old and new common items. I am not sure how loot tables work but when they are released in game does not seem to have any baring with how random number generators calculate for dimensions and we may just have too many common items this far forward for there to be an easy solution.

I think I've mentioned all this stuff somewhere heh but ye long story short no one is at fault and solutions have been trialed, errored and readjusted - not to our liking but they tried.....silly asdsadadad rng....
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-23-2016 at 08:24 PM.

I didnt even knew it existed! O_O!

But i totally get what you mean, i've been looking forever for the Infernal dawn wall piece wich is a variation similar to the infernal dawn dragon head, but it's a uncommon items, to my eye it's super rare, almost epic to find one atm.

=> http://dimensionaddicts.com/node/2507
    Last edited by Amielle; 02-24-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Default Now that Morticus is gone....

Is there a designated contact for dimension stuff on the Rift team? I realize several names were mentioned in Mort's "goodbye" post, but I haven't heard anything concrete. My concern is that, through the hard work of peeps like Kiwi, Morticus had a good understanding of our concerns but are we now back at square one with the new liaison?

An added wrinkle to the Common-vs-Rare designation, is a quantity issue. While that Hailol Rotunda is amazing, one might be enough, so the rare drop seems acceptable. However, items like the "Mine Track" http://dimensionaddicts.com/node/3097 and the road section from Scarwood (can't remember the name and can't find it) need multiples to be of any use.

Additionally, while I was searching for these links on Kit's amazing site (I can never thank her enough for this resource), I was reminded again of HOW MANY items just don't seem to exist in the game anymore. I won't pretend to understand how loot tables work either, but it doesn't make sense to me that if items are going to drop off the "regular rotation", that they need to become completely unavailable.

THEREFORE, I would like to make the suggestion again (as others have) that you create a bag that has these elusive, older items. I would buy them in a heartbeat, many of them. In fact, if you REALLY want to make money, make individual bags PER ZONE (also suggested before) and fill them with zone-specific items, ones that are not commonly seen and/or not available anymore. I would totally buy zone-specific bags like they were going out of style.
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 02-24-2016 at 08:51 AM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Ermergherd i just went to see the stan's lure item on that site, there are so many awesome common and uncommon stuff we never see anymore (of even I have never saw many of them, or heard about it)

+ Reply to Thread