Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By Arwhen
  • 8 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By bridgestew
  • 2 Post By Kitasia

Thread: Y HAS ENOUGH !!!!

Default Y HAS ENOUGH !!!!

OK, Trion want to make money, he sells us treasure chests (good for blocks, trees, BOF!), He sells us bags of ice building blocks (foul), he sells us cushions, carpets and curtains to 22 credits each. All this is understandable, but our artisans, they do what ?????
    They go round and round waiting for new recipes that allow them to use their creative talent respective dimensional objects.
    In short, WE WANT REVENUE CRAFT DIMENSIONAL !!!! Trion gentlemen, think a little less in your wallet and just think of the fun of the players.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Wall of Text Inc

I've got some of my own feedback to add here. This is my opinion, and a lot of it.

The constant trend for more and more RNG is frustrating and angering. Staple items like building blocks, cushions and the like should NEVER be put under an RNG grind.

Telling me that as far as the cushions go, I can buy them individually is ludicrous. 315 credits for one pillow? Seriously? Of course more scratchers will be sold, the alternative is no alternative at all. Furthermore, saying I can grind plat to buy REX is facetious, at best, given the current prices of REX, especially on EU shards.

If there must be dimension lockboxes, there are a couple that have been done right. The Shal Korva boxes, to put it bluntly, are garbage. When I buy those, I feel like I've thrown my money away--but those boxes are the same price as a single green pillow.

The Korvan boxes, on the other hand, are lockboxes done right. I've never bought one and felt that I wasted my credits--and I've bought many, many of these boxes, trying to get the awesome totems. If I want Sky Projectors, I can buy the Wonders of the Cosmos boxes, and those also do not generally feel like a waste of money--even though many of the items in that box are available for mere gold from the vendors.

I missed Autumn Harvest, so I don't have any opinion of those boxes, but the Fae Yule boxes were also RNG done right, and I know that a large number of those boxes were sold. They were sold for one reason: they were worth the cost.

Putting any building block, and I don't care how special it's supposed to be, in an RNG box, is not the right answer. Putting basic decorative items in an RNG box is also not the right answer.

A blue curtain is 9 credits with Patron. What makes a green one so special that it costs 315, or 22? The mere fact that it's green? I use green for my example, because the green curtain is apparently the rarest item in the game from the scratchers. I have rugs coming out the wazoo, but only one curtain--and it will be a cold day you-know-where before I pay 315 credits for a curtain.

For ideas of RNG that could be done right, here's a thought: As the Korvan boxes take stuff specific to PTW, what's to stop that from happening with other zones? There could be Brevane specific boxes, Dusken boxes, Mathosian boxes, each with it's own special items--NOT building blocks, and not basic decorative pieces. There are pages and pages of screenshots that have been taken of items people want that would be perfect candidates for lockboxes.

I totally get that revenue needs to be generated, and I certainly have no issue with supporting the game. I have definitely bought my share of RNG boxes, and the scratchers are no different.

Kiwi floated the idea of lockboxes giving an alternate currency that we could spend for items that we want, and that's a very good idea. That's an added incentive to buy the lockbox in the first place. If it's in a lockbox like the Korvan box, then it's win-win, for Trion and the people who actually buy the boxes.

For that matter, even putting the Notoriety items from the Plane of Water vendors on the store would help. How many people have forgotten that there are vendors in Margle Palace that sell dimension items? How many have forgotten about the vendors at Port Scuddra, or Atragarian Well?

I absolutely appreciate that these items are appearing now, please don't think I don't. I'm thrilled over the colors, just not how much they cost to obtain, or the RNG circus to try to get what I want--which actually costs more in the long term than just buying them outright for that absurd cost.

So I suppose whoever decided to market the new items in the manner it has been done was brilliant, and if you heard sarcasm there, you should have. I almost dread seeing what a Carnival dimension box is going to look like, even as there is no doubt in my mind that there will be a Carnival RNG lockbox with dimension items.

It would be great if, as Arwhen suggested, we had some new--and affordable--dimension items that could be crafted. Planar dimension items are ridiculously expensive to craft, and prohibitive to make in the quantities that some of them would be useful in.

I think a lot of things about dimensions are a missed opportunity. Dimensions are something that are unique for the amount of customization we can do, there are only a few hard limits that we have to work around. Let there be some actual utility to dimensions, or make it so people can do more interactive things (like artifact hunting, since I'm watching the current stream), or do some more work to dimension PvP.

I get that the original Rift engine was never intended to make things like dimensions work, but they do work--even though there are a number of glitches and errors that truly need to be fixed. Dimensions have a lot of potential, even as there are those who will NEVER be interested in them--and that's okay. The key is to maximize that potential among those who would be interested--without nickel and diming those people to death at every turn.

As I said above, I appreciate the new decorative items, they were very long overdue. I look forward to actual building blocks--red brick, GREYWOOD PLANKS, dark wood, matte blocks in different colors--but at the same time, I'm cynical about how they would be implemented, given the trend for more and more RNG, and that makes me a little sad.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Totally supporting the idea of zone specific boxes as long as they drop rare and cool items (the general idea is, anything that comes from the store for plat or currencies like planarite/VS should not be in boxes at all). The Korvan bags make me a happy hoarder, I'm not really opposed to Scratchers as in the current state they're one of the best ways to get new stuffs (although quiet painful if you'd need, say, 50 black pillows for a morph).

To add some optimism here, and it's only an assumption just to be clear - I believe last time we had big changes to dim crafting was 3.0 (I'm not taking planar crafting into account since the prices to get recipes and to craft the items are indeed ridiculous and I for one am not even going there because then I wouldn't have time or money to build). So there's a hope - at least for me - that we could get the next major update to DW crafting regarding dim items for 4.0. Again, it's just an assumption and something I'd really like to see, and I'm talking normal recipes not the ones you'd need to grind your rump off to even buy; but I think this would only be fair and as with many other things - we'd be okay with waiting a little longer as long as we know it's worth waiting for.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Default Too steep for me

I will be sticking with the red pillows and blue curtains for the time being as I can't justify gambling away credits in the hope of acquiring enough of what I need to decorate my dimension in different colors--and 315 credits per specific item is outrageous. I would consider spending the same amount for colored curtains as I would for blue. That seems fair. keep pillows and rugs in the same price range. That would make me pony up my credits. I suspect I would spend quite a lot under those circumstances. Not this way, though.

Instead, I'm clinging to my credits instead of spending them. And I'm the sort of customer who pays for a subscription and buys additional credits with real cash money. Not plat for REX money.

Please consider changing this, Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    our artisans, they do what ?????
    They go round and round waiting for new recipes that allow them to use their creative talent respective dimensional objects.
    I also would like to see us be able to make a few new dim items. If nothing else some reskinned items. ~cough~ Sweetberrys in blue and purple ect

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post

The constant trend for more and more RNG is frustrating and angering.
    Yes it is

Telling me that as far as the cushions go, I can buy them individually is ludicrous. 315 credits for one pillow? .
    I am double sided here I had a blast with the scratchers. However the cost just to buy them individually is stupid high

If there must be dimension lockboxes, there are a couple that have been done right.
    The Korvan boxes, on the other hand, are lockboxes done right.~ If I want Sky Projectors, I can buy the Wonders of the Cosmos boxes, and those also do not generally feel like a waste of money--
    Korvan boxes take stuff specific to PTW, what's to stop that from happening with other zones? There could be Brevane specific boxes, Dusken boxes, Mathosian boxes, each with it's own special items--NOT building blocks, and not basic decorative pieces. There are pages and pages of screenshots that have been taken of items people want that would be perfect candidates for lockboxes.
    I think this is a good idea. If you are going to continue to force lock boxes on us.

It would be great if, as Arwhen suggested, we had some new--and affordable--dimension items that could be crafted. Planar dimension items are ridiculously expensive to craft,
    I bought one planer recipe for dim items. Just one saw what it took to make clouds and said nah . Decided planer items were not worth it at all. Love to have them but wont pay the price

The direction of boxes and cost of items for credits has been very disheartening to me. I am so sorry . I do love Rift and its Devs very bunches. I do appreciate all the work and thought that is put into dimensions. I also thank those of you who are out supporters and champions up there in the big shinny of creativity we call Trion

+ Reply to Thread