+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Coldsprite
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: New Rugs, Pillows, Curtains

Rift Disciple

Default New Rugs, Pillows, Curtains

It's nice to see the new colors, but the price is kind of ridiculous... with no Plat price...

All the rugs are the same price, 315 Credits. The original rugs run for between 11 Credits and 38 Credits. That's an increase of between 830% - 2,863% respectively.

Blue Curtains are 9 Credits, new ones 315 (again with no Plat cost)... a 3500% increase

Pillows were all crafted, they could have given us a few recipes....

I would definitely advise that you buy the scratchers instead of direct purchase. They are only 22 credits each and drop 1 of 7 possible items at what's looking like a proportional drop rate. This is, of course, excluding the blue set, which only includes the pillows as explained in the tooltip.

With the scratchers, you can get much more items for the same amount of credits and since none of the items are soulbound, you are free to trade them with others for the colors/styles you need or even sell them on the AH.
    Last edited by Coldsprite; 02-18-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    I would definitely advise that you buy the scratchers instead of direct purchase. They are only 22 credits each and drop 1 of 7 possible items at what's looking like a proportional drop rate. This is, of course, excluding the blue set, which only includes the pillows as explained in the tooltip.

With the scratchers, you can get much more items for the same amount of credits and since none of the items are soulbound, you are free to trade them with others for the colors/styles you need or even sell them on the AH.
    Yeah, not rolling in credits and already paying for two monthly subs so I'm not likely to go that route either. Not overly fond of gambling in or out of a game.

Lived in Vegas for 8 years, the only gambling I did there was to put $20 in a poker machine right at the bar, and drink $60 worth of comped liquor...

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Comparing to old ones is no longer a viable way to calculate anything the game has changed - trust me we all do but it will only bring unhappiness. I look at it this way:

22 credits is 14 items for the "normal" price of 315 credit lockbox/grab bag with 3 items

We have been asking for somethings to go straight on the store. This is it and I am just so happy I get to choose my color imagine if they were mixed up?

I saw this tweet this morning:

New Rugs, Pillows, Curtains-cbhbfolucaanvyh.jpg

To be honest, the Scratchies is what I would call "good RNG" considering I don't like RNG in general (very unlucky). The price is more than good for what they offer, and as Cold already mentioned - you can always trade those you don't need in dim channel or Discord, because trust me it's not like trading Sanctuary of Rebirth for two Lamp Trees - pillows and curtains are those very things dimmers always need in bulk.

Direct purchase price is ridiculous to me indeed, a bag that gives you 5-6 new (!) items costs less. But Scratchies is definitely the way to go. I actually think this is exactly the way new reskinned items should be distributed - it's a great compromise for both parties.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Also, one thing to add - I didn't directly purchase any of these items. I do have patron, but regarding credits, I currently have 7 credits to my account . Once I heard that these items were going to be released, I tracked down a reliable credit seller and went about my business grinding out plat. I think I bought 100+ scratchers from that seller - and I really do consider this a worthwhile investment of my time (for collecting plat) and cost.

+ Reply to Thread