+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Onward and upward!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Sad news for us
    But good news for you, good luck on your new journey, and thank you for everything! We'll miss you

Best wishes!

~L
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

General of Telara

Jumping ship before it sinks, huh? Good for you. I,for one, will miss ya. You were one of the best devs that never talked down to us.

Best of luck to you.

I will include you in some way in my latest Alien dim.
    Korvac the conquerer.

Shield of Telara

Well shoot...

Hope you enjoy your new position. Thanks for responding to so many of our posts and concerns. And trying to find a happy middle ground for us.

It is sad to see you go, I hope whoever is responsible for dims now will continue to work on getting us new and exciting items.

I agree. Though we are losing an advocate, it's always great when someone gets a new challenge. Look forward to seeing what you put forth into Defiance. I'm sure it'll be a great time! Yes, Daru haunts that game too. Where else could I get a grenade launcher?
    Darumahr@Faeblight
    <Guild master and Head Engineer of Good Intentions>

Prophet of Telara

Farewell, thanks for everything and congratulations to your new position :-)

I hope there'll be someone who feels responsible for us in the future though :-(
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Grats on your promotion, but really sad to see you go. You did an excellent job while you were in charge of dimensions. Farewell and take care.

Good luck in the new position... now, if you can get Defiance back on the air I'll regard you as a hero, I really enjoyed the show, the game, not so much, but to be fair it's not my style of gaming.

I Rift, therefore I am.

Who's gonna replace you here?

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle View Post
    Who's gonna replace you here?
    You will be supported by Vladd, Marigold, Simon and the rest of the systems team.

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Jumping ship before it sinks, huh?

What? No way, Rift is doing quite well and there are plans to keep adding in new things for everyone. Trion needed help with Defiance, so I'm stepping in to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    [COLOR="orange"]What? No way, Rift is doing quite well and there are plans to keep adding in new things for everyone. Trion needed help with Defiance, so I'm stepping in to help.

I guess you missed that the average Rift player is now a conspiracy theorist intent on interpreting everything any Trion employee does as inheritantly evil and a sign that Rift is dying.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

What? No way, Rift is doing quite well and there are plans to keep adding in new things for everyone. Trion needed help with Defiance, so I'm stepping in to help.
    Brasse and Ocho didn't tell you? They told us. It seems RIFT's F2P model didn't work so the team now has to sell power and remove things F2P players had in order for the game to survive a bit longer.

Not that it affects me, still being on founder sub price, but after saying since going F2P that all was a great success, admitting that they had to come back on promises to keep the game running worried some people.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

How about we keep this thread QQ free...
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

You will be supported by Vladd, Marigold, Simon and the rest of the systems team.

[/COLOR]
    The only one who could come close to replacing you is Marigold. The others have their own people they love. Valadd and Simon have their own people and fav projects. They dont really care or know the dimension community the way you did. You were our champion. You helped make us the strong listened to community we are.. well were untell now. Just so you know you will NEVER be replaced.

I hope your new placement makes you happy. I want you to be happy but I will still be mad and sad that, that stupid game took you away.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 02-19-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Shield of Telara

This is worrying that dim stuff is just going to get divided up among three people. Will there ever be an actual replacement for this position or is this a cut the staff a little and add more work to others?

This has been my take on things, tho I could be completely off base. But it seems Morticus has a lot on his plate. I see posts from him on so many different aspects of the game. He does so much in the game besides dimensions. I remember watching a live stream once where it was mentioned that morticus was too busy to stop by for the live stream. I also think that thread of dim things we want was an honest attempt by him to really help us. It did seem to start being ignored like so many similar threads. But I always thought it was because he had too much going on and just couldnt do everything.

I am sure those other three have enough on their plate as well and adding all Morts responsibilities to what they already have going on might be too much. Something is going to get put on the back burner because of it.
    Last edited by Manasha; 02-20-2016 at 09:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast