+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fibes

Thread: Pitch Black Sky Projector

Default Pitch Black Sky Projector

Was there a semi-recent change to the pitch black sky projector?

Recently returned to Rift to finish delayed construction on a dim project only to find my pitch black Mathosian Cascades not so dark anymore, which saddens me as it was the impetus for the entire project.
    Needs more BRAAAGH!!

Prophet of Telara

I can't see a difference... the skin of my character still looks like wax under it and it's so dark I fall over my own feet :-) (but I agree, it's awesome for stuff where you need such darkness, just used it myself :-) )
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

Strange, going to check for conflicting projectors or some other user error.

edit: Nay, it's definitely been changed. It's still dark, but, I now have complete visibility, whereas before objects were not visible unless some form of lighting was involved.

It's only slightly dimmer than the starry night projector.

/bummed
    Last edited by fibes; 02-14-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    Needs more BRAAAGH!!

Prophet of Telara

uhm, did you change your gamma settings maybe?
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

I couldn't find any patch notes or similar complaints, so I'll assume it's my settings. AlthoughI can't seem to pinpoint it. Thanks for your help though Maegwynn.

That being said, I would like to submit 2 requests:

1) A darker, blacker, spookier sky projector.

2) A universal, account wide dimension item storage tab. Don't know about anyone else, but, between moving crates, storage dims, bank vaults, and personal inventory, I need some consolidation and organization!!
    Needs more BRAAAGH!!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

A while back there was an issue with the shaders in the Sky Projectors that led to this:

Sky Projector Weirdness

Perhaps tweaking those shaders for the other dark projectors tweaked something too far for the Pitch Black--although I haven't really noticed any big difference in that particular projector since then--but it's also not one of my favorites because I can't see anything around it either way unless there's a ton of lights.

But, just in case, have you tried submitting an in game bug report, in addition to reporting it here? That may be another way for you to try to get the problem resolved.
    Last edited by Feendish; 02-14-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Interesting.

I did notice that the starry night and space projector looked different as well. Actually look better. I don't remember those vibrant purple trails.

Perhaps this is somehow linked to the pitch black projector issue I'm experiencing. I know it's not a popular projector and so maybe it's slipped under the radar. Personally, I thought the pure blackness was a wonderful canvas.

I'll submit a ticket. Maybe it is a bug.
    Needs more BRAAAGH!!

+ Reply to Thread