+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By swordkata
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Coldsprite

Thread: Artifaction for Dimension builders.

General of Telara

Default Artifaction for Dimension builders.

So if anyone has seen the thread "Artifaction the joy of collecting" this opens new worlds for us dimmers.

Personally I'm torn because I make 50% of my plat intake from selling Arties, especially from PTW, farming Callweddi puzzle pieces and the amount of plat I have spent to buy arties from greedy AH vendors, now no longer matters.

As a pro we can finally get those awesome Interactive dim items from the ROF Chronicle as well as those bounty items, among some of the other items unlocked through trophies.

Thoughts?
    Korvac the conquerer.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

It's important to understand the costs and how it will potentially work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    A few notes on how this functions:

* Each "Draw" is specific to each artifact set.
    * The more artifacts in the set you have collected, the more the "Draw" price will go down.
    * Clicking "Draw" will buy 1 random uncollected artifact for Credits from that set to be auto-consumed. If you only have 1 artifact left in the set, then you will get that one. There is no "weighting" to which artifact you get, it is completely random.
    Here are cost examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Some price examples, I have several sets with just 1 artifact left to get and I am Patron (10% cost discount):

* Twisted: The Guffin Plot, I have 1 white rarity artifact left to get = 63 Credits
    * Exarch Invader Tide Artifacts, I have 1 green rarity artifact left to get = 180 Credits
    * The Gorge, I have 1 white rarity artifact left to get = 45 Credits
    * Nightmare: Rough Raptor's Recipies, I have 1 purple rarity artifact left to get = 1800 Credits
    With these things in mind I don't think it will hurt the AH market that much as those actually keen to complete sets will check plat price first, what this does do is excite people who have been idling on Artifacts because there is a better chance to start and complete something.

I am excited for this change because I'd love to complete PTWilds, those portraits are amazing there is also talk of updating lucky coins would really love to see more wardrobe but most of all because I have a new main (Primalist) I get to start collections on her so I can play her entirely.

From a Dimension POV it is a positive all around.

This is also very motivating. 1400 sets GO!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Hmm let me think... Pay 5K+ for a purple arti to some greedy jerk who thought it's fun to charge such money for a shiney, or pay 1800 credits for the same purple shiney to Trion?

Do I need to explain why I'd always choose the 2nd? ;)

fyi, I too sell artis from time to time, blue and purple overflow, if the price is decent enough to even bother (otherwise I'll just break em down to ribbons). The highest price I ever sold an arti was something like 300p for Lord Arak from one of the Orphiel's sets. I didn't set this price, I just put it up for recommended as I always do. And people will still sell those artis in this price range, it's not going anywhere - I'd rather buy an arti for 50p than for 100c. But it will hurt greedy morons who charge thousands for one shiney. Do I feel sorry for them now? Hell no.

Not only as a dimmer, but as someone who was desperate to finish some sets for months, I very much approve of this change. For some artis, I'd chk the AH daily and set the buy orders for weeks with no effect. I will still chk the AH first. But now, if no one is selling the arti I need, I am no longer depending on humans and their prices. I can now finally have all the items I wanted for so long but couldn't get because I'm not devoted enough as a hunter.

Yay for the changes!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    But it will hurt greedy morons who charge thousands for one shiney. Do I feel sorry for them now? Hell no.
    I've definitely been one of those greedy shiny hunters and have sold artifacts upwards of 1k (though nowhere near 5K!) In my best opinion, I really don't think this is going to hurt sellers - when the planar squirrels came out, people swore that it was going to kill unstable hunting forever. It did hurt the market, yes, but it's recovering. I can actually see how this will drive sales for sellers - as more people realize that completing difficult sets can become a reality, they will buy more artifacts to fill the gaps.

As for the dimension aspect - I'm so happy about this! Think of the nightmare rift and ROF items we can get through simpler means! And lets not forget the awesome costume pieces! (I spent weeks searching for 1 artifact to complete my set for the pirate outfit)
    Last edited by Coldsprite; 02-11-2016 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    I've definitely been one of those greedy shiny hunters and have sold artifacts upwards of 1k (though nowhere near 5K!) In my best opinion, I really don't think this is going to hurt sellers - when the planar squirrels came out, people swore that it was going to kill unstable hunting forever. It did hurt the market, yes, but it's recovering. I can actually see how this will drive sales for sellers - as more people realize that completing difficult sets can become a reality, they will buy more artifacts to fill the gaps.

As for the dimension aspect - I'm so happy about this! Think of the nightmare rift and ROF items we can get through simpler means! And lets not forget the awesome costume pieces! (I spent weeks searching for 1 artifact to complete my set for the pirate outfit)
    Funny you should mention it, because I'm still on the hunt for that one (green!) arti to complete my full NT wardrobe collection, and it hasn't been around on the AH for weeks now. People can cry all they want about losing "their" money because of these changes, but it's not the change that lowers their income, it's the fact that they simply cannot supply the AH with all possible artis.

As for the prices, for me it's the same as with the Sanctuary\Laughing Tree and all those rare tasty dim items on sale. 1k for an item/arti - expensive, yes, but somewhat okay considering its rarity and awesomeness. But 10k? Are you freakin kidding me? I bet if they put those on the store for a credit price, greedy sellers would start crying about "losing their money", but in fact charging such prices even for a rare thingie is insane, and the reason for QQ would be that as of the changes they could no more set any price they want because they'd now have to compete with Trion and its lower credit prices. The only reason people could charge 5K and more for one single arti is that buyers had no other choice. Now they do, and it puts money spinners in a weaker position. And to be honest, I am really happy about it ;)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I don't know about the weaker part Laeti now we don't have to go hunting for them, economics is as creative as a building a Dimension just morph how you do things differently however I'm curious how sellers will determine prices though because someone could need a full set which costs more via the store vs someone needing that last arti etc Interesting times indeed I am very intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I don't know about the weaker part Laeti now we don't have to go hunting for them, economics is as creative as a building a Dimension just morph how you do things differently however I'm curious how sellers will determine prices though because someone could need a full set which costs more via the store vs someone needing that last arti etc Interesting times indeed I am very intrigued.
    As I said, I'm sure people will still check the AH first. Tons of artis cost next to nothing in plat, but would cost more in credits, so AH sales won't go down anyways. It's the high end prices that would get affected, the ones that start at 2K+. Of course that's only speculations, but the way I see it, it will only hurt those who lifted the prices sky high before.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Yes I said the same thing also in my first post however someone selling random artifacts they could sell for 5k can now sell multiple for 1800 credits which is roughly 3-4k at any given time as an example making up that 5k pretty easily. Those sellers you seem to articulately despise won't actually lose out is my point.

+ Reply to Thread