+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon

Thread: Dimension mailbox, guild banker etc

Default Dimension mailbox, guild banker etc

Can we ever expect to see more functional dimension items like the planar crafting workbenches, banker and even manugo machine?

I love functional dimensions that I can use as a crafting hub, or just somewhere with useful services that I can AFK or run around in. I've never bought a dimension box before (the posts I see make them seem even worse than lock boxes), but a chance at something like a mailbox might be the thing that pushes me to get one.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Manugo machine is a reward for some amount I have not reached yet though a bit odd cause you wouldn't really need it after that, however it cannot keep track of your record and starts counting when you use and stop starting again at 0 when you re-enter Dimension. Functional NPC's ie AH and vendors etc have not been said yay or nay to and bank vault is the only bank so far guild bank also not given a yay or nay. Planar mailboxes also discussed late last year.

Can we ever expect them? Not 100% sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Manugo machine is a reward for some amount I have not reached yet though a bit odd cause you wouldn't really need it after that, however it cannot keep track of your record and starts counting when you use and stop starting again at 0 when you re-enter Dimension. Functional NPC's ie AH and vendors etc have not been said yay or nay to and bank vault is the only bank so far guild bank also not given a yay or nay. Planar mailboxes also discussed late last year.

Can we ever expect them? Not 100% sure!
    The manugo machine is good for doing your manugo dailies.

We already can summon two mailboxes, so I feel a mailbox dimension item would be far fetched. Auctioneers are premium high loyalty abilities or one time consumables though, so I don't ever expect to see them be a dimension item.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-07-2016 at 09:23 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Ask Boase or Gornutz if he still logs on what achievement I think its something like 2 billion. I know they did it ages ago Nutz has the personal manugo machine in his Dormant core. Crafting stations were far fetched once upon a time also so you just never know.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-07-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Ask Boase or Gornutz if he still logs on what achievement I know they did it ages ago Nutz has it in his Dormant core I think its something like 2 billion. Crafting stations were far fetched once upon a time also so you just never know.
    Yeah I have one (took me quite a long time!). It's in my Peaceful Hills. My dimension isn't particularly pretty, but it's a nice little hub for crafting or parsing. I stacked the crafting stations on top of each other so you don't need to move to use another station.

It doesn't work for guild quests and since Manugo scores are cumulative, it's not good for leaderboards, but it does work for dailies. It's a pity I can't get a second one.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-07-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    The manugo machine is good for doing your manugo dailies.
    Not really though. There's a manugo machine (well, three of them) right next to the NPC who gives out the quest so it's pointless to enter your dimension just for that. In general though, I hope we see more dimension items added like mailboxes, banks, etc. and putting them in dimension boxes sounds like a good idea. The only hesitation I see became rather obvious with the afk kick "bug". If all of those things are in dimensions, you're putting more people in instances and not in public view.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    It doesn't work for guild quests and since Manugo scores are cumulative, it's not good for leaderboards, but it does work for dailies. It's a pity I can't get a second one.
    I hear you there is this thread discussing revamp to rewards but I can't see meta rewards changing across the game. I'm trying to figure out how my partner will get his stronghold achievements done (Level 60 & 62) we need the dimension rewards from that and he needs to complete 5 still.

Maybe we might try duo next weekend lol

I know quiet a few people who don't really care about building for building, but would love to make a dim as a personal crafting hub with stations, banks, AH and mail. Since I don't store crafting mats in my own bank, it's pretty useless for me and even if I can summon 2 mailboxes, they have a cd and I don't have an AH npc to make this whole crafting idea useful. I do have the summons, but I wouldn't waste them just for the perk of being able to craft in my dim.

That's why I never bothered making a crafting hub and I usually just give the crafting stations away or trade them, which is a shame because if I knew I could use them I'd definitely build a dim and fill it with all the stations of a certain plane.

If we could have this "set" of npcs/items needed for crafting, it would be great for the builders and for those who don't feel like building at all unless they have a reason to.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I know quiet a few people who don't really care about building for building, but would love to make a dim as a personal crafting hub with stations, banks, AH and mail. Since I don't store crafting mats in my own bank, it's pretty useless for me and even if I can summon 2 mailboxes, they have a cd and I don't have an AH npc to make this whole crafting idea useful. I do have the summons, but I wouldn't waste them just for the perk of being able to craft in my dim.

That's why I never bothered making a crafting hub and I usually just give the crafting stations away or trade them, which is a shame because if I knew I could use them I'd definitely build a dim and fill it with all the stations of a certain plane.

If we could have this "set" of npcs/items needed for crafting, it would be great for the builders and for those who don't feel like building at all unless they have a reason to.
    They have cool VFX effects too. I like to bury one and use it just for the smoke or whatnot.

The Fae Yule stars are cool for their glow effect too.

+ Reply to Thread