• 2 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 2 Post By Lynx3d

Thread: Would love to see

Rift Chaser

Default Would love to see

If the Rift engine could handle this I would love to see

1: More interactive items that Move with the ability to connect to them

" example would be if you had a Marble Pole that spins you could then connect another pole outwards then another eventually you have so many connecting parts you have build a working Ferris wheel , of course each item use would also need to be able to connect to to make this work , But imaging the things you could create."

2: Doors and windows that can be opened and closed

3: Wind 'Would be great to see those new curtains blowing in the breeze

4: Flowing rivers - you could place anywhere in your dim

5: Many many Paintings to hang on the walls , they could be based of the history of Rifts over the last 5 years , Imagine seeing a Painting of a critical part of the game and think I was there I fought in that battle and as you look closer you thing is that me there in that painting

6: Ok this ones gonna piss of people but I would like to Bane outside tool like toolbox ect they ruin creativity , Of course this is just my opinion

Example : One person spends 50 hours building a Massive fountain from 400 pieces save it and posts online now the next person spends the time it take to place the items on the ground and click a button to create the same fountain

7: More capacity but not for 5000p or 4000credits be reasonable

8: Ability to repair - Imagine that broken castle wall that was there when you purchased your dim Now imaging it fully repaired and ready to hold back the hordes

9: Rifts , Yes Rifts hear me out , Random rifts can open in any dims these rifts offer special Dimension Rewards and require many people to close , so you are placing that last bed down in your cottage and hear that familiar sound you run outside to see a Massive Rift forming you jump into action calling forth others from all over to come " Special invite to dim button active only when a rift is open inside a dimension " suddenly they appear Heroes from all over and you all charge into battle and after a long battle you sit back and view your rewards ..

10: Fishing , Unique fishing along with unique rewards when fishing inside a dim

Thanks
    Last edited by lukain; 02-07-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Almost nobody cares for dims but dim builders.... Massive rifts that maybe stay for hours in your beautifully decorated cottage, making it a death sentence to any lonesome visitor... Sorry, bad idea ;-) more dimension items in those normal rifts? Yes please! Special dimension rifts in the open world? Yes please!

Personally, I would be happy with chairs and benches you can actually sit on (even the 3-letter-game managed that!)

Cheers!

Alli
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

I disagree with your statement about banning dimension addons. It's simply a matter of efficiency. Personally, I don't use the addons to import things that have been built, I use them to save time. I could spend hours upon hours building a spiral staircase, aligning each plank one by one, though never really getting it perfect, or I could spend minutes with the addon. It doesn't make me less creative, it just saves time. Allowing me to spend more time on other parts and be even more creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Prophet of Telara

Oh, I didn't read the part of the banning... Restriction of the item list to visitors is better and has long been asked for. Don't punish everyone for the wrong doings of a few.

Also, since when does an addon have ideas? I really want to see the addon you are using, science might be interested too, and the government in a person who developed an addon with such a creative AI ;-)
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 02-08-2016 at 02:47 AM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Oh, I didn't read the part of the banning... Restriction of the item list to visitors is better and has long been asked for. Don't punish everyone for the wrong doings of a few.

Also, since when does an addon have ideas? I really want to see the addon you are using, science might be interested too, and the government in a person who developed an addon with such a creative AI ;-)
    "Addons ruin creativity" is an old story really, it's been mentioned so many times I'm not even sure why it's being brought up again and again. There's a really good article on DTC summarizing all the pros and cons, for anyone who still thinks addons are bad, http://www.dimensiontouring.com/?p=16649#comment-3623

I always thought people who say that using addons is "cheating" or something like that just never used one, but oddly enough it's not always true. Honestly, if a builder is creative, addons or not, their dims will be great and unique anyways. If the best thing a person can do is copy someone else's work - they'll do it with addons or without them. Not to mention people still share their sets for others to use when they feel like a morph can be helpful to newbies, should they try to modify it or just put it down in a dim and see how it was built. Addons are a convenience, nothing less and nothing more. The fact that some people would exploit them only speaks about those people, not the tool.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Don't think many of these things are to do with engine tbh its purely capability/ resources/ money/ creative team priorities and how Dimensions and items are implemented in the game-there is a sticky post up there a mile long with requests.

The engine upgrades might free up some time of engineers continually tweaking things so they are stable, we might also see better rendering and vfx functions and no complaints from me the thought of less glitches curls my toes! Then with the game running smoother we might see more population to feed all the avenues of Rift so more can be spent on Dimensions which would be fab.

Very excited for multi-core!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-08-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Almost nobody cares for dims but dim builders.... Massive rifts that maybe stay for hours in your beautifully decorated cottage, making it a death sentence to any lonesome visitor... Sorry, bad idea ;-) more dimension items in those normal rifts? Yes please! Special dimension rifts in the open world? Yes please!

Personally, I would be happy with chairs and benches you can actually sit on (even the 3-letter-game managed that!)

Cheers!

Alli
    Quite a lot of people care about dimensions. I'm primarily a raider (arguably one of the time heaviest, with multiple T3 characters), and I enjoy using and occasionally building/touring dimensions. I just don't devote as much time as someone like Laeti or Kiwi.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Quite a lot of people care about dimensions. I'm primarily a raider (arguably one of the time heaviest, with multiple T3 characters), and I enjoy using and occasionally building/touring dimensions. I just don't devote as much time as someone like Laeti or Kiwi.
    Yep and I use to be a pvper and raider primarily. My hope (still - three years later) is the multi-core and alterations within dimensions and game might free up some time to spend pimping my Primalist getting back to content and continuing to adore dimensions also. I need to know everything I do counts.

#Fingerscrossed
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-08-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Yep and I use to be a pvper and raider primarily. My hope (still - three years later) is the multi-core and alterations within dimensions and game might free up some time to spend pimping my Primalist getting back to content and continuing to adore dimensions also. I need to know everything I do counts.

#Fingerscrossed
    WTB 48 hours instead of 24.

Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

General of Telara

I'm really close to finishing the "Make Awesome Dimension!"-button, I swear it!
    (Seriously, if you bring this up again, I'm possibly going to add one, and I won't take any responsibility for what it does to your dimensions )

Rift Disciple

As to the Toolbox add-on, I found working on my Dimensions frustrating with out numerical inputs for coordinates and rotation. I work as a graphic designer and do a lot of 3D modeling, so finding the Toolbox was a great relief for me to be able to accurately place, align, and duplicate objects. And the Tribal Magic ability to look at your work from pretty much any angle while building is incredibly useful. Not sure why on earth you would want to ban that...

+ Reply to Thread