+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Alleriana
  • 2 Post By Gingers
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A thank you to Rift!

Default A thank you to Rift!

Once again I have hopped back into Rift to poke away at my old dimensions and try to get organized to perhaps start a new one...or two

As my sig indicates, I am mainly playing ffxiv so I don't have much extra time for Rift or wow or ffxi even lately BUT I feel utterly compelled to say a huge thank you to Rift and all the players that create dimensions.

Thank you for providing imo, the very best "housing" any game could. Dimensions alone is my interest in Rift, they alone have the power to keep me coming back when I can to be creative and make something that is actually satisfying!

You pull ahead of the other games by leaps and bounds, literally, with such an interesting, in depth and creative dimension design. (and those that know me...I do NOT compliment developers or games easily...but the Rift dimension team, is without question deserving of the compliment)

I am constantly on the ffxiv forums comparing Rift dimensions to the very very limited, sleep inducing housing options in ffxiv. ughhhhhh....

Although I enjoy the gameplay/graphics etc in ffxiv I am so, unfulfilled with housing (<---understatement of the century)

It lacks any meaningful form of player creativity..I feel choked, stifled, bound and almost punished in there lol O.o
    I beg them relentlessly to look at Rift and learn what is truly a stunning way to offer housing but to no avail.

At any rate, this is just a quick hello again and a huge thank you whomever thought of the dimension idea in the first place. Allowing the players so much customization, magnificent visual effects , to achieve ANY possible atmosphere we wish to create...its just plain....wonderful. 10/10

The players also deserve a thank you, those that create dimensions are awesome, I fully understand the addiction, the need to create, and its so nice to see others that share that love.
    For me its never about +1 but it is about the joy of making something from nothing, to achieve that perfect "feel" for me persoanlly, just love it.

Please , to the developers that handle dimensions, don't ever let them fall to the wayside or take a backseat in Rift.

Please keep adding more effects and wonderful building blocks. People like myself crave creation like a drug and this is the only game that allows such freedom and player interaction...if possible too please reconsider again allowing us to increase item limits in dimensions, I would love to finish a few of mine and add more detail)

That's it....just had to say it.
    Last edited by Alleriana; 02-05-2016 at 06:52 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi to you Allerian and 100% agree, every game I play with housing always makes me raise my eyebrows although whatever game I might be be playing may also have some strong points.

Currently Dimensions, Wardrobe, Puzzles, PTS and World Events consistently hold my interest along with new IA"s that roll out. For me it comes down to bugs I can only handle so many without losing my mind and so I choose Dimensions. If I was raiding and pvping like I use to I think I would have aged 10 years and I'm already an old lady I ain't about that life lol Multicore upgrades have me hoping I might be able to do all the things I love again but as someone who has a lot of catching up to play well in content it is always inspiring to know Dimensions, specifically morphing and how everyone does the same things so uniquely is always here making me smile every time.

Sometimes I wonder if Trion realize what a gem of a style of building they truly have and could expand upon if given a dedicated team that would pull in so many people just add achievements (progression), wardrobe dimension system (organization) and timely consistent updates to materials (more unique ideas.)

Dimensioneers are pixel Alchemists making magic from nothing, transforming the world as we know it and I too hope this is always encouraged.

Take care out there.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    Once again I have hopped back into Rift to poke away at my old dimensions and try to get organized to perhaps start a new one...or two

As my sig indicates, I am mainly playing ffxiv so I don't have much extra time for Rift or wow or ffxi even lately BUT I feel utterly compelled to say a huge thank you to Rift and all the players that create dimensions.

Thank you for providing imo, the very best "housing" any game could. Dimensions alone is my interest in Rift, they alone have the power to keep me coming back when I can to be creative and make something that is actually satisfying!

You pull ahead of the other games by leaps and bounds, literally, with such an interesting, in depth and creative dimension design. (and those that know me...I do NOT compliment developers or games easily...but the Rift dimension team, is without question deserving of the compliment)

I am constantly on the ffxiv forums comparing Rift dimensions to the very very limited, sleep inducing housing options in ffxiv. ughhhhhh....

Although I enjoy the gameplay/graphics etc in ffxiv I am so, unfulfilled with housing (<---understatement of the century)

It lacks any meaningful form of player creativity..I feel choked, stifled, bound and almost punished in there lol O.o
    I beg them relentlessly to look at Rift and learn what is truly a stunning way to offer housing but to no avail.

At any rate, this is just a quick hello again and a huge thank you whomever thought of the dimension idea in the first place. Allowing the players so much customization, magnificent visual effects , to achieve ANY possible atmosphere we wish to create...its just plain....wonderful. 10/10

The players also deserve a thank you, those that create dimensions are awesome, I fully understand the addiction, the need to create, and its so nice to see others that share that love.
    For me its never about +1 but it is about the joy of making something from nothing, to achieve that perfect "feel" for me persoanlly, just love it.

Please , to the developers that handle dimensions, don't ever let them fall to the wayside or take a backseat in Rift.

Please keep adding more effects and wonderful building blocks. People like myself crave creation like a drug and this is the only game that allows such freedom and player interaction...if possible too please reconsider again allowing us to increase item limits in dimensions, I would love to finish a few of mine and add more detail)

That's it....just had to say it.
    I'm not the dev that handles dimensions but I am a dimensioneer like yourself. So from all of us, your welcome! It's always nice to hear about how players spend their time in RIFT.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    I'm not the dev that handles dimensions but I am a dimensioneer like yourself. So from all of us, your welcome! It's always nice to hear about how players spend their time in RIFT.
    Still hoping we get to see an article on those Dimensions of yours
    It would be nice to see Dev builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Still hoping we get to see an article on those Dimensions of yours
    It would be nice to see Dev builds.
    YES to this ^

@Alleriana, welcome back!
    I love everything about Rift, but dimension building is what got me addicted in the first place. I've never seen anything like that in any other game, and I haven't seen a community that is more friendly, helping and fun to be a part of, anywhere else. If you haven't been around for a while, you'll find lots of cool new things to play with, have a great time
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    I am with you on this. I recently got a mansion in ffxiv when they started evicting ppl who had not logged in for awhile. I had a bunch of items I had been saving to put in it. I tried to decorate it but it was so boring I just tossed everything in there and left it. So I have junk house mansion.
    Last edited by Manasha; 02-05-2016 at 10:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread