+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Please help

Unhappy Please help

OMG I just accidentally deleted my faens retreat with full items count and over a year of building! I was activating a new dim and must have forgotten to change to another dim to replace! the saved info must be somewhere?
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Quote Originally Posted by karlxii View Post
    OMG I just accidentally deleted my faens retreat with full items count and over a year of building! I was activating a new dim and must have forgotten to change to another dim to replace! the saved info must be somewhere?
    Been there done that.
    Unfortunately, there is no lock or restore feature for dimension keys (yet - hopefully).

I'm really sorry about your dim
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Been there done that.
    Unfortunately, there is no lock or restore feature for dimension keys (yet - hopefully).

I'm really sorry about your dim
    LMAO , this is so stupid, being able to create a backup is so obviously needed, well Im done with dimensions now, no idea putting hours and hours on something that can be destroyed so easy and then gone forever, wasted to much time for nothing now, seriously Trion this is really a must have function
    in game name: Vikingmetal , Member of Morbid Angels @ Gelidra,hit me up any time if you need an extra sword
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17592041&dateline=145  2743904

Plane Walker

I thought there was a warning window?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Copying a character to PTS has always been the best way to save Dimensions.
    So then you could copy it if needed using an Add On.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyla View Post
    I thought there was a warning window?
    yeah there is a small dialogue box. still this is totally stupid, what if someone let their kid play and he / her click the dimension list? the layout of it just make it to easy to make mistakes. after looking around I see Im not the first one doing this mistake, also people have lost their dim builds from crashes to, so Trion really need to fix a backup save function

Plane Walker

I've lost a dim before not once, not twice, but four times. Rebuilt it every time. Call me airhead, nice to meet you

I've lost a dim before not once, not twice, but four times. Rebuilt it every time. Call me airhead, nice to meet you
    4 times omg. and here Im so upset over loosing 1 Im really thinking of uninstalling this. cause I feel almost like time was stolen out of my life ha ha ! total I must have spent like a week worth of time building that one thats now gone forever
    Last edited by karlxii; 02-04-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Plane Walker

Don't be upset, these things happen a lot

Don't be upset, these things happen a lot
    Then really Trion need to act on it, what is more upsetting is that the "moving crate" is no moving crate at all cause I cant pack it up and take it inside another dim! I have to return to this now naked faens retreat and go into the anchored to dim so called "movin" crate and move stuff 1 by 1 into my inventory! and in the same time getting a reminder of this incident every time! And why cant a dim just be saved as they are set-up when "deactivated"? cause all items are saved in it anyways! I thought the whole process was about a convenient way to move large amount of stuff between dims, but turns out they are saved to that dim anyway! really the uninstall and never return button is so screaming my name right now! Trion are pros in the art of trolling for sure! seriously wtf!!?
    Last edited by karlxii; 02-04-2016 at 03:35 PM.

A simple "lock dimension" function, like locking/unlocking your hot bar, could be useful. I'm not talking about locking items within the dimension (to prevent us from inadvertently clicking on the wrong item and moving it or picking it up) which would be far more complicated code-wise, but an overall lock feature that prevents us from deleting the dim from the Dimension menu. I wholeheartedly agree that the warning dialogue box should be enough ... but it's not (our fault, not yours)
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

It happened to me more than once, to change the active dimension that might remove a dimension I wanted to keep because I was not on the dimension to delete at this time. It seems to me relevant in the words Kaymcleod can lock the dimension into place, without thereby prevent our work. A warning like "this dimension has been locked, you must unlock it before you can replace it," prevent anyone from deleting a dimension error. This should not be very difficult to implement in the context menu of the dimensions.

Prophet of Telara

Are you sure you overwrote it, means: is your faen's retreat in the inactive dimension key list? If not there's a bug where it seems like a dim is lost, but it is not. If that has happened, buy another dimension slot and your faen's retreat should appear again...

Crossing fingers it's the bug!
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Are you sure you overwrote it, means: is your faen's retreat in the inactive dimension key list? If not there's a bug where it seems like a dim is lost, but it is not. If that has happened, buy another dimension slot and your faen's retreat should appear again...

Crossing fingers it's the bug!
    Its still there but a year of building is forever gone, I really do not understand why items can not be saved as they are set in the dims when the items already are saved now and anchored to the dim in the moving crate, when you deactivate a dim. saving them as they are placed would remove this problem also if I wanted to terminate a dim by moving all stuff from it I rather prefer picking them up while seeing them inside the dim over this moving crate. Any ways Im sorry to say I do not expect any improvements at all seeing their latest money grab announcements this company seems to be in trouble, and I really dont care any more, I feel like its time to move on , What they still got is a great community you can see this with all people trying to help and being polite
    Last edited by karlxii; 02-05-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Shield of Telara

Maybe if they add a box where you have to type something out like how you have to type "delete" before you can delete a char. I havent deleted a dim yet but came close to it several times because I am click happy without reading.
    Last edited by Manasha; 02-05-2016 at 06:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast