+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree240Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archonix Producer's Letter and Dimensions

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #61

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Morticus can you please set up a dimension on the PTS to put grab bag items in so we can look at them. No one wants to spend credits on PTS but it sure would be handy.
    EDIT:

Look for:

MORTICUS DEV DIM
    Last edited by Morticus; 02-04-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Telaran

I've been complaining to the wife (much to her irritation) ever since the minion box nerf that had sagespires selling for 5p and crafted keys made worthless. I feel like there are way too many building blocks in minion boxes, but that doesn't mean I want to see them gone! I want to see opening a premium 6-star box be exciting again and orange items be worth more than a bad cup of droughtlands coffee, not limestone cubes selling for 1p each.

I'll echo what others have said about the big-ticket items, especially from the past. I have a copper statue that I would love to add a mate to, and would pay a pretty penny for as well. Roads, bridges, archways--those types of building blocks would have me diving for my credit card if they were on the store.

I've never understood why those old, awesome items have never been put on the store. They're already coded, after all. It feels like most of the best dim items in the game are all either gone or impossible to get. I don't understand. If those items were added to a bag where there was a guarantee of no junk (if I get another day-night kit...) I'd be more than willing to pay a premium.

I'm sick and tired of getting worthless **** from bags. Yes, I'll keep buying them, but I won't be paying real money for credits to do it until they are worth it from my point of view. Right now, they aren't.

30 ice items for 148 credits is much more tolerable than 3. I'm totally disinterested in ice blocks, but I'm sure someone will buy them. Maybe. I'm with others in wondering why ice is what got put at the top of the design list, especially when we've been begging for reskins.

Basic tl;dr nothing you people are doing is making sense, given you have hordes of us begging to give you money for things that already exist. Also, don't take building blocks out of minion bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Minion stashes are the only source of dim items that do not require doing any activity besides building itself. So while non-dimmers can farm their way to better gear by doing the very thing they would be doing anyways, dimmers can't really do that. You don't get a Sanctuary of Rebirth for building 10 dims with 2520 item limit ;) You can only pay for your "gear" one way or the other. Accomplishments have nothing to do with it.
    Am I correct in understanding that some items will be completely removed from the minions?

I don't necessarily think that all non dimmers can farm their way to better gear by doing the exact thing they would be doing anyway (EG: somebody who does IA's/chronicles over standard pvp/raids) however I do agree that there needs to be a more viable way for dimmers to earn currency. Perhaps a dim specific currency? (like the pvp currency) One which accrues higher for the amount of actual money spent on dimension specific items (sort of like affinity but limited to dim items only)

Just a thought.
    Elyah ~ Ellenrah
    =^.^=
    I stream sometimes: https://www.twitch.tv/haybreee/profile

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by hayBREEE View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that some items will be completely removed from the minions?
    No it was a suggestion. The original question from Morticus was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We are very much open to trying new things to make this a bit more palatable for everyone.

In regards to things like building block direct purchases, what sort of credits cost do you think would be fair for something like this?
    So no one was being ungrateful or not open to discussion however having them as they are intended was already the case. In regards to the rest of what you say it is a nice idea and somethign talked about in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by hayBREEE View Post

I don't necessarily think that all non dimmers can farm their way to better gear by doing the exact thing they would be doing anyway (EG: somebody who does IA's/chronicles over standard pvp/raids) however I do agree that there needs to be a more viable way for dimmers to earn currency. Perhaps a dim specific currency? (like the pvp currency) One which accrues higher for the amount of actual money spent on dimension specific items (sort of like affinity but limited to dim items only)

Just a thought.

No it's only an idea just like everything else in this thread except for those posts written in gold ;) No worries, nothing is removed from minions yet, it's just a discussion.

I'm not sure if there's any way of adding a dim-related currency or something like that, since dimensions are not game-changing, they have nothing to do with progression or any other game activity besides RP or occasional pvp matches (altho I'm quiet sure pvp banners are used as teleports much more often than for their original purpose lol). Our only "progression" is the building process and the things we learn from our attempts and other builders. Lots of dimmers are only interested in dims, while others enjoy other sides of the game as well. But in general - dims are more a creative process than an activity, so the rules that apply to the rest of Rift activities don't really apply here. That's why we often seek and suggest different ways of implementing stuffs - it's more difficult than just "put gear in the store, give us a weekly quest and we're good" ;)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

We have no plans to move new building blocks to direct purchase at this time.
    is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    is very sad.
    And discouraged, and frustrated. What's the point of giving feedback if no one other than Morticus will consider our wishes? I can't understand what the big problem is with using the store to sell more dimension items. Put re-skinned building blocks of different colors on there at whatever price you think is fair and I'll definitely find a way to buy them if it kills me!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thank you +1

EDIT:

Look for:

MORTICUS DEV DIM

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

EDIT:

Look for:

MORTICUS DEV DIM
    So...When are we getting that KEY?
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Following this thread with great interest to see where it goes!

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DLPS View Post
    Following this thread with great interest to see where it goes!

Bella
    Thinking of you babe.

We will look into increasing the payout to commensurate with the costs. We're thinking something along the lines of 20 or so blocks at a minimum to start, not including bonus blocks.

Just a couple things I would like to point out regarding this particular grab bag:
    • It's a unique specialty bag that's meant to give you a few ice building blocks, if you happen to need some.
    • The dimension items can be traded, so we expect them to diffuse throughout the economy. Need an ice sphere but don't want to buy a grab bag? Pick-up one on the auction house.
    • We have no plans to move new building blocks to direct purchase at this time.
    • We have no plans to move existing building blocks into grab bags, so you can still buy them directly as they have been.
    We are flexible and agile, so any of this can change at any time. This wouldn't be the fist time I've posted something and contradicted myself weeks later.

I can respect this and will admit maybe I overreacted a little bit... I just love decorating in this game and even after all these years its still one of my favorite things to do when I log into Rift.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

First, I want to apologize in advance if my post is moved or redundant, I have read that some of the posts and not without difficulty. My view is, what dimensionally is not a free activity when you want to get a good result. I have stocks of several thousand items and yet every dimension, I have to make hundreds of purchases (usually shop). Although I speak only of the building blocks, it is impossible to bring together hundreds of blocks needed dimension to my being. As so aptly Feendish, the most used blocks are almost impossible to find at the Hotel Sales or so, in paltry amount. Except the weaver of dreams, all other trades have been long forgotten about their ability to craft dimensional items. Why not add craftables blocks by different artisans. Do not talk about the craft which is planar dressing and a money pit. Do not speak of Stan lure that gives most of the time, brands that we do not need the notoriety that we have already mounted bottom for months, outfits that we already have in our collections, and items that would give us to laugh if it were not so sad. The planar rods which in the opinion of many are pure scam. But, arrived for subscribers, the Grail, the AFFINITY. Yes, well, it is still necessary perspective once the subcellular lure, if it is not affected by the cooldown and gives more items, it's not the ultimate either. And the mystery box that is supposed to give the rarest and most exotic objects (if not stupidity, I just open another) graciously offered a connector B, a basket of distant clan a tentacled hedge and a love tree carnations. And you dare call it rare and exotic objects.
    In summary, I think a lot of ideas are advanced, but few promises are kept. The Cozy Cottage 2 contest gave me the desire to make dimensional, but I realize that it is becoming increasingly expensive to indulge it.
    My gut feeling is that the financial profitability aspect is pushed further and further and that strength, it will serve you in the long run. The F2P becomes completely obsolete. How a F2P player can he provide the location of earrings (for example) without the stones of empty then it is limited to 2500PP? he can no longer buy Rex Europe within 3000PP since the alleged readjustment dollar / Euro (1 dollar for 1 Euro is also dishonest) that has driven prices. Result we will experience an exodus of F2P player to other less voracious games.
    Well, that concludes my rant by repeating apologize if things have already been mentioned above, if others do not belong in this post and finally, and especially for my deplorable English.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5