+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archonix Producer's Letter and Dimensions

Shield of Telara

eeekk double post
    Last edited by Manasha; 02-04-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Ok. I'm confused. it seems to me, that if the point of new blocks is to both make money and give the dimensioneers something new, wouldn't it be better to give them something they will actually buy? I mean, random blocks for a bunch of credits rather than finite number of blocks for a set price? Um.. huh? That would be like going to the store for milk and buying an unlabeled box that you know contains some dairy product. Then you open the box and it has butter in it. While still useful, not necessarily what you need to put on your cereal.

I'm sorry. I'm old and easily confused, but this doesn't seem like a logical financial choice to me. Please, purty please. No random blocks. We're much more likely to make direct purchases like the Trove sets. That would be a definite sale rather than a maybe sale.

Back to my rocking chair now.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yeut View Post
    Ok. I'm confused. it seems to me, that if the point of new blocks is to both make money and give the dimensioneers something new, wouldn't it be better to give them something they will actually buy? I mean, random blocks for a bunch of credits rather than finite number of blocks for a set price? Um.. huh? That would be like going to the store for milk and buying an unlabeled box that you know contains some dairy product. Then you open the box and it has butter in it. While still useful, not necessarily what you need to put on your cereal.

I'm sorry. I'm old and easily confused, but this doesn't seem like a logical financial choice to me. Please, purty please. No random blocks. We're much more likely to make direct purchases like the Trove sets. That would be a definite sale rather than a maybe sale.

Back to my rocking chair now.
    The whole dimension grab bags for events was a marketing test for them. And it worked wonderfully. For them.

They know they can dish out these grab bags with RNG and crap like TOD, Fern filler, and because there might be one good item in there, you WILL pay for it.

This will be no different. Its a basic marketing strategy anyone in business/marketing will understand.

They need money, you have an addiction. They produce, you buy. No confusion.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I am one of those people who has bought massive amounts of grab bags and will continue to do so. I figured I would post my opinion from someone who those bags are targeted for.

I do not believe building blocks of any kind should ever be hidden behind high priced RNG.
    Sharing the same sentiment also as someone who loves boxes etc some parts need to be kept from RNG to help keep the community excited building blocks do not belong in the RNG mix unless more are made and consistently updated the drought between new block and tile designs is not so long. We seriously lack variety updates.

Adding more to crafting over all including dreamweaving is also a smart move.

Blocks and tiles are like paint to a painter, small items are like the paint brush of what we could do to enhance those paints and the dimension is like the canvas everything else that's big is a prompt or built around using these other elements.

Being able to specifically choose your paint as a painter is crucial.

Back at the economics drawing board though and away from corny analogies lol RNG in Rift is really an issue. All the boxes need an incentive of some kind so after you buy so many you can get soemthing directly from that type of box ie dimension item, mount, costume (I would go nuts for new costume grab bags/lockboxes THROWING IT OUT THERE)

Shield of Telara

Dimension Mailbox
    Dimension Guild Vault
    Dimension Auctioneer
    Dimension Veteran Vendor
    Dimension Soul Mender

From me personally, you'd make more money if they were sold individually, or as a block bundle. If they are given randomly in a box that may even contain a tod, I won't even sneeze in it's direction. I don't mind spending what money I can on Rift, since I really like the game, & I understand ya'll are wanting to make more money, but I can't justify spending creds OR plat on something that isn't a guarantee of getting what I'm looking for. If I get 2 boxes, & aren't satisfied, I won't grace it with my money again. BUT, you put that shiny up for an individual cost, & I might just have to do some extra private work for hubby to get it. Wink, wink. He'd fork over more money for my rift, I'd fork over more money for your store, you'd make more shinies...everyone wins.

I really hope that whatever changes you have in mind for the DW, you don't take away anything pre-existing. I've been working on getting mine maxed, & getting all the marks just to get the Malforge items & the Crucia Statue recipes. Also been waiting for CotA so I can get the bubble recipes.

I would cry for days on end if I weren't able to get those recipes any more. Sniff, sniff. Please don't do that to me, for then you would owe me boxes upon boxes of Kleenex....and I would camp at your curb & leave heaps of tissue balls. Just for you.

Seriously though, I don't think putting the new ice blocks in a box that will only give about 3 of what we'd be spending the money on is a good idea. Esp since so many can't really reach the much sought after new colored tiles. Putting the ice blocks in bags with a random arrow to the forehead is just another way of making it frustrating for us to get something we've been begging for.
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    The whole dimension grab bags for events was a marketing test for them. And it worked wonderfully. For them.

They know they can dish out these grab bags with RNG and crap like TOD, Fern filler, and because there might be one good item in there, you WILL pay for it.

This will be no different. Its a basic marketing strategy anyone in business/marketing will understand.

They need money, you have an addiction. They produce, you buy. No confusion.
    Well, yes and no, sorta. See, during a special event, like Yule or Halloween things, we spend more on boxes because it's an EVENT and temporary. I spent more actually IRL money on credits during the Yule season this year than I usually spend in a full year of playing. But I did it for the hope and thrill of getting something rare and/or unique. I wouldn't have spent that same money buying boxes to just try to get building blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    building blocks in randomboxes? nay
    building blocks on the store for direct purchase? yay

And you can put the fancy stuff in the boxes like premade buildings and large decorations and visual effects, new keys etc. If there needs to be a variety of credit boxes always for sale, make thematic randomboxes, like trees-only and rocks-only, I'm sure those would be popular. Even better if you take out everything that is available from minions, as those are a disappointment to get for your money. (Although not sure if it's possible.)
    I also support the idea of nerfing the minion stashes. Remove building blocks from minion returns and you will see credit sales go up.
    I agree! Please offer the building blocks for direct purchase from the store, even if the credit cost is slightly higher than current costs, I would much rather spend credits to buy 500-1000 per dimension build versus taking my chances to get just a few from a random grab bag/box. Putting things like building blocks into a grab bag just makes me feel like I have no use, why bother with them, and I don't spend money there.

Offer random boxes and bags of different themes, like Seyler said trees, rocks, there could be so many different ideas for this.

My friend Emerald had an excellent idea she shared with me a few weeks ago, when Rift releases a new dimension key, they could add a set of items that match the theme of the dimension, like matching rocks, plants, buildings, furniture, whatever goes with the theme of the dimension key you release... people will buy the key, and they will also buy these matching sets, sell them for credits only. The ideas are limitless here.

Remove building blocks from minions.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 02-04-2016 at 12:09 PM.

What little faith I had left just vanished. Really? I mean seriously your doing this with building blocks? /epiclly sad sigh
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Will the old GH5 achieve dimension reward, the meta dimension achieve npc reward, the bounty trophy rewards, manugo achieve dimension reward, nightmare rift achieve dimension items be implemented in the trophy tab of dimension items in rift store? Like bound to account?

*Moar buggy dimension grab bag with time of the day or musicbox *nay*
    Last edited by Amielle; 02-06-2016 at 05:42 AM.

Still confused about "remove bblocks from minions" thing. Why?
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Still confused about "remove bblocks from minions" thing. Why?
    It is a pretty good suggestion to counteract costs the reason RNG bags are made or new items are put out this way. Just like prices suggested are another way and also updating current textures with different colors and charging plat and credits - all different ways to increase profit without going this route with building blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    It is a pretty good suggestion to counteract costs the reason RNG bags are made or new items are put out this way. Just like prices suggested are another way and also updating current textures with different colors and charging plat and credits - all different ways to increase profit without going this route with building blocks.
    Well bblocks are a basic material. It's used by stacks, with the price range from 1 to 6 credits (not to mention plat prices lol). Remove them from minions and you'll have to pay quiet a lot for basic things - upgrading the dim to even be able to build in it, and basic blocks you can now freely use in bulk without spending a fortune. Isn't that kinda too much for, say, a new dimmer, or someone who isn't in a position to spend hundreds just to start building something?

Not to mention this would look like "hey guys, did you enjoy getting your building materials for free? Good, because not anymore, lol".

I do understand how making new and/or cool rare items a revenue source is good for both sides. I don't understand how making basic things that were free for a long time suddenly a rather expensive money sink is good. I would love to spend credits on something really cool, or rare, or a bundle of stuff, or even rng boxes (with no tods, music boxes and sanctum houses of course). But basic building blocks I need stacks of for each dimension I build? Not so much.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Ok, here is my unvarnished point of view. It probably won't carry that much weight, as I am one of the "poor" players who is unable to help your bottom line all that much.

I CAN tell you that the type of lockbox you are currently proposing is something I will NOT buy. I DO agree with all of the other ideas in this thread....any of them is better than what you have come up with. Clearly the "decision-maker" for things like this has no understanding of what it takes to build a dimension whatsoever, and needs to get him/herself educated, the faster the better. Morticus, I get the feeling that you are between a rock and a hard place with this person and us dimensioneers. Please don't give up.

The idea of putting the marble tiles behind the Calweddi puzzle is a complete disaster for myself and I am sure many others. Two things prevent me from even trying to do this. For one I can not do jump puzzles. I tried climbing up to the first puzzle dozens of times and finally had to give up. I made it almost to the top and then fell every single time in one specific place. I just don't have that much patience. Even if I did, the cost of the glue was the final nail in the coffin. I have neither the patience nor the desire to spend the time it would take to get that much plat. Yes there are some on the AH and I have gotten a few of them, but not many. The difficulty of completing the puzzle has made the prices sky high and completely ridiculous.

And last but definitely not least, please stop giving us tons of things that we have not asked for and do not want, instead of spending your time getting us what we have literally BEGGED you for for 2 years!!!! We need the ALREADY EXISTING building blocks to be re-skinned in different colors, as well as the pillows and curtains. That's enough to keep a dedicated dimensioneer happy and building for years! Why can't you just DO that and put them on the STORE?? I would really like to know that, and if it's planned, then how much longer do we have to wait?

I'll stop with the wall of text, thanks for reading it if you have gotten this far None of this is meant to be insulting, just one more attempt to get across an idea that has already been stated many many times already.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I support the RNG box idea. It may not be ideal, but things need to be done to keep the game afloat.

You could always save up plat and buy REX off of the store to get them.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast