+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Aoiyuri
  • 2 Post By Morticus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shal Torva Dim Bag - is this working as intended?

Telaran

Default Shal Torva Dim Bag - is this working as intended?

I opened a few of the Shal Torva key dim bags today, and the first three were the usual junk, but at least purple junk. The last one, I got: TOD 8:00 am and a fire rift jagged rocks. That's it. Two blues that aren't even related to the current mystery box. Is this working as intended?

Shal Torva Dim Bag - is this working as intended?-ruserious.jpg

Maybe someone can find the link (I am running out the door), but I swear Morticus said that the ToDs were removed or going to be removed from the Shal Korva bags (but I read so many posts that they blur together and I may be wrong).
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

I don't know if that's intended but it's impossible to read anything in your screenie and if I click on it it only "expands" to a smaller one.

So, to clarify it: did the bag only give you 2 items? If yes then it's not working as intended and you should submit a bug report. As for tods etc there was a post from Morticus saying they could always tweak the number of certain drops if needed, but I was pretty sure it's already clear that store items (even if blue/purple) are not needed in the bags. So while it's certainly not something I'd call "intended", perhaps the adjustments and changes haven't been implemented in the game yet.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Telaran

Yes, it was two items. I don't know what happened with the screenie, maybe the original was too big and it got resized when I posted. I will file a bug report, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoiyuri View Post
    Yes, it was two items. I don't know what happened with the screenie, maybe the original was too big and it got resized when I posted. I will file a bug report, see what happens.
    Yes, 2 items per bag is certainly a bug, and should be refunded iirc. Since there are timestamps on your screenie, it should be well enough for a report, although I'm not quiet sure what the refund would be (credits\bag replacement), I haven't had this issue before so I really can't say.

I bought 4 of them when they were first added, & I was sorely disappointed. All I got from them worth being happy for was a Dim Entry Point, since I didn't have any. All the rest of the items were things I already had. Just a bunch of items easy & cheap to get that ppl usually have a ton of.

Also hoping the AP mystery boxes will get a makeover. I've bought 6 of those, with nothing special or rare to get in them either. Double
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Telaran

I submitted a bug report and they replaced the bag, good deal. They were quick, too!

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    Maybe someone can find the link (I am running out the door), but I swear Morticus said that the ToDs were removed or going to be removed from the Shal Korva bags (but I read so many posts that they blur together and I may be wrong).
    Correct. These should no longer be dropping out of any of our boxes or Stan's lures with the 3.6 patch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Correct. These should no longer be dropping out of any of our boxes or Stan's lures with the 3.6 patch.
    Boy am I glad to hear this, since I just fished a TOD up. Sigh.

I also got an email (there must've been lag between them and me since it came after I got the bag back) that said not all bags would have at least 3 items in them, and that there was nothing they could do. A second one said they were replacing it, but the first one has me worried.

Mort, is it true we can pay 315 credits and really have a chance of getting only 2 blue items (regardless of what those are for the sake of evening things out)?

Boy am I glad to hear this, since I just fished a TOD up. Sigh.

I also got an email (there must've been lag between them and me since it came after I got the bag back) that said not all bags would have at least 3 items in them, and that there was nothing they could do. A second one said they were replacing it, but the first one has me worried.

Mort, is it true we can pay 315 credits and really have a chance of getting only 2 blue items (regardless of what those are for the sake of evening things out)?
    About the first part - I'd really suggest holding off buying bags and probably fishing with The Lures until 3.6 hits.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    About the first part - I'd really suggest holding off buying bags and probably fishing with The Lures until 3.6 hits.
    Considering what I've been getting off the lure (last one was a single green arti, green craft stash of 6 rewoven cloth worth maybe 25gold, and yet another armor bundle--yay) I think I'm going to hold off everything. Bags are easy since I poked around the Atia dim and fell in love, so saving those affinity points, and the shal torva, well, yeah, I'm over those.

Considering what I've been getting off the lure (last one was a single green arti, green craft stash of 6 rewoven cloth worth maybe 25gold, and yet another armor bundle--yay) I think I'm going to hold off everything. Bags are easy since I poked around the Atia dim and fell in love, so saving those affinity points, and the shal torva, well, yeah, I'm over those.
    Well definitely some checking will be needed, but there's some positive changes coming with 3.6 and I'm looking forward to it. I'm saving up my afkinity points for the arclight perfection mount, but Stan's lure and SK bags are totally getting more love from me after 3.6 ;)

+ Reply to Thread