+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kaymcleod
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d

Thread: Any Dimension love in Archonix's letter?

Default Any Dimension love in Archonix's letter?

Thoughts?

Since he mentioned that Carnival of the Ascended will have all new quests, etc., I am reading between the lines that maybe there will be new dimension items for rewards as well!

I am not enough of a techie to understand much of the multicore or 64-bit discussion, but I'm assuming that any stability brought to the game will benefit us from a graphics point of view, so that's great news!

And here's my "leap of faith" thought: since they are hiring for and rolling out some extremely hard-core tech changes, maybe once that push is over, some of the great ideas put forward (like a wardrobe-style system for dim items) that are relevant to our interests will be enacted....or at least thought about.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

General of Telara

Well yea Ocho just said in another thread that it took a whole lot (like, thousands) of dev hours and has been cooking since 18 months already. So, when the major parts of it went live, I expect more free resources for new exciting features, and hopefully some love for the addon API too, which is really just getting the absolute minimum updates to keep it alive since like a year now.

But we'll have to be patient, it won't all be done at once, first multi-core, then 64-bit with no dates set in stone. Until then, I guess we get the usual share of new seasonal dimension items, and don't forget that Morticus already previewed some 3.6 goodies just before christmas, the glass/water/ice building blocks.

I'm especially looking forward to the 64bit client because I just can't set my texture quality to 3 without Rift crashing very often, and some dimension items look really sh** with texture quality 2

I refer you to Morticus' thread regarding Archonix letter and Dimensions. It appears I posted mine while he was working on his
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

General of Telara

Yea I saw it right after my post, there's only a few minutes between that thread and my reply, guess my last page refresh was just a minute too old before reading your thread ^^

Great minds think alike! (and I meant "you" as in YOU, the masses)

+ Reply to Thread