+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Sylvexis
  • 1 Post By Sylvexis

Thread: Regenerating interest in PvP Dimensions

Soulwalker

Default Regenerating interest in PvP Dimensions

Hi all,

First off, I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Second, a big thank-you needs to go out to Tawsuoko@Faeblight, Coldsprite@Greybriar, Izatwitchy@Hailol, and Jegodin@Seastone for their contribution.

A few months ago I decided to build a PvP Dim to regenerate interest in the concept of PvP'ing in dimensions.

I set out to build my own map, and the result as it sits today can be seen below.

Understandably, there are a lot of issues surrounding this build. With that said, as I've mentioned, this was simply built as a demo map to regenerate interest in the concept.

It was purpose built to house Guild vs Guild battles, with objectives. I hope that with enough support, some developers can turn their focus to sorting out the issues surrounding PvP Dimensions to make this possible.

With that said, allow me to introduce The Bridge.

Regenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_185828.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_185713.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_185624.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_185508.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-21_234832.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-21_233749.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_194940.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_194305.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190705.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190556.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190431.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190338.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190258.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190136.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190112.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_190047.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2016-01-30_185859.jpg

Built from the ground up in the Anywhere Dimension. This 5/5 1990/2000 item Dimension is fully functioning, aside from the objectives, which are yet to be implemented. It is designed for 20v20.

Main flag is at mid bottom. Each team has a flag at their castle as well, with carry stones on the roof of the castle.

Mid flag is like Codex, and should tick for more points. Advantage is given to the team that holds the top of the bridge. Players can drop down to the flag from the top of the bridge, but there is no quick way back up. You will need great communication, and need to play to your teams strengths. You will need to divide your team in to assault and defense groups, and swap people around as needed.

The original build only took an hour to plan, and actually only took a few hours after that to complete using stone tiles:

Regenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-12_184227.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-12_183911.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151738.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151655.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151452.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151432.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151348.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151248.jpgRegenerating interest in PvP Dimensions-2015-10-11_151109.jpg

From there, I worked on and off for a few months, with some help from others, before it finally ended up as you see it.

The map was designed with equal footing in mind to avoid the need for bolstering.That means that no matter how strong or weak your team is, the winning factors will be great communication, smart & quick plays, and it will ultimately come down to who knows their team the best to be able to play to their strengths and weaknesses.

The strongest team will not win here as the advantage is separated from the objectives.

I hope you all like it, and enjoy the map. If you would like to support the effort to revitalize Dimension PvP and be able to PvP on such a map, or be able to create your own maps to PvP competitively in, log in to Deepwood and +1 the Dimension (You can find it by searching for my name, or "Guild PvP", in the Dimensions window). Alternatively, whisper me (Sylvexis@Deepwood) for an invite.

With your support, we can turn some developer attention to PvP Dimensions and make it feasible for everyone to build their own arenas to PvP in ... imagine the possibilities!

-Sylvexis
    Last edited by Sylvexis; 01-30-2016 at 02:11 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Your build is fantastic and as someone who has imagined the possibilities a million times over I do wish the results were different

Over on PvP forums you might like to see this thread:

Competitive pvp new ideas

At the end of the day its possibly PvPers that could perhaps persuade the fate of PvP Dimensions for the Devs as they are the ones who will actually use them for this content while Dimensioneers love to morph the bijingles out of everything and it is not just bolstering that is the issue for PvP dimensions currently but don't be disheartened it's nice to have discussions. So what exactly would you like to see Devs work on?

It looks like your build could do with items that let your map be used the way you wish.

Adding items for these type of objectives as well as death matches would be great short term like PvP Dimension release itself and all the items it gave us heck even adding bolstering would work short term but long term without ensuring map criteria and also leadership boards it would be a matter of months PvP Dimension interest would fade again into the background.

Imo (and its only an opinion not a conclusion) best case scenario? Each segment having current bugs, fixes and content polished/updated then Trion offering an opportunity to present builds they could implement as maps so they take care of the tournaments/battles the scoring within them and the bugs. Worst case scenario? A few new items get added, even a generous contest but nothing in the link above is addressed so more people that are bound to give time and effort with refreshed enthusiasm at the thought of possibility don't survive the long haul. Long term is important for our game not only for development but moral and I hope something solid can be developed on all sides.

On a current note and only a little related the Level 60 Stronghold Goal Circle achievement reward is fixed and is great for interactive dimensions I hope we see more of these used or that item added to updated content - not sure how difficult it would be for a couple or few people to complete now.

Looks amazing Sylvexis! I'll be sure to check it out & wouldn't mind PVP'n in there either

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JaydedRIft View Post
    Looks amazing Sylvexis! I'll be sure to check it out & wouldn't mind PVP'n in there either
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it, JaydedRift

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Your build is fantastic and as someone who has imagined the possibilities a million times over I do wish the results were different

Over on PvP forums you might like to see this thread:

Competitive pvp new ideas

At the end of the day its possibly PvPers that could perhaps persuade the fate of PvP Dimensions for the Devs as they are the ones who will actually use them for this content while Dimensioneers love to morph the bijingles out of everything and it is not just bolstering that is the issue for PvP dimensions currently but don't be disheartened it's nice to have discussions. So what exactly would you like to see Devs work on?

It looks like your build could do with items that let your map be used the way you wish.

Adding items for these type of objectives as well as death matches would be great short term like PvP Dimension release itself and all the items it gave us heck even adding bolstering would work short term but long term without ensuring map criteria and also leadership boards it would be a matter of months PvP Dimension interest would fade again into the background.

Imo (and its only an opinion not a conclusion) best case scenario? Each segment having current bugs, fixes and content polished/updated then Trion offering an opportunity to present builds they could implement as maps so they take care of the tournaments/battles the scoring within them and the bugs. Worst case scenario? A few new items get added, even a generous contest but nothing in the link above is addressed so more people that are bound to give time and effort with refreshed enthusiasm at the thought of possibility don't survive the long haul. Long term is important for our game not only for development but moral and I hope something solid can be developed on all sides.

On a current note and only a little related the Level 60 Stronghold Goal Circle achievement reward is fixed and is great for interactive dimensions I hope we see more of these used or that item added to updated content - not sure how difficult it would be for a couple or few people to complete now.
    Thanks Kiwi! Yes I have seen that thread when it was created, thank you. I knew of the issues before I started the build. In fact, that's why I built it to begin with! So I am not disheartened, but thank you for the concern.

Aside from the objectives, I would like Dev's to address the issues surrounding people being CC'd through objects - specifically tiles

will totaly check this out as it looks promising.

I'm thirsty for some good pvp maps as all good maps Rift has are domination modes of Black Garden, Codex and Karthan Ridge.
    Rest is just a complete moronic zergfest competition.

I built a PVP battleground via my guild's dimension, no one ever uses it... tried many times to stir interest but no go. Also, to keep in mind, teleport skills do not work in dims except on the ground or base established structures... this can be disturbing to lose a skills or two.

If anyone wants to check out the battleground it's a two team, 20 min match in "Dargaard Keep", a dimension that was refurbished and redesigned recently with updated items.

I'll try to check out yours in the near future.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread