• 1 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By kaymcleod
  • 3 Post By Tuasemper
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Callweddi item cost and availability

Soulwalker

Default Callweddi item cost and availability

After working very hard to gain access to Callweddi, I am very disappointed. Some of the items there are available on the Rift Store, I will not add any spoilers and say which items. Along with that the costs of the items are just insane. We already pay 15k for the glue and upon arriving find that that the cost for the items is very high. Far out of proportion. Why are the item costs so high? why are some of the items there available on the rift store? I feel like it was a complete waste of time as one must be rich on rift to be able to purchase anything there. I cannot express enough how disappointed I am. Am I alone here feeling this way? Is there some grand secret reason for the insanely priced items and making some of them available on the rift store?

Quote Originally Posted by Seekin View Post
    Am I alone here feeling this way?
    Sorry dear most of us have not been up there and many of us wont ever get up there. So I for one am unable to feel anything about the costs ect.

Same here, Kit
    Last edited by Foxfire; 01-21-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Default Why worry about "spoilers"?

I would LOVE it if someone could list what is on the store and for how much. This would greatly determine whether I EVER decide to set Calweddi as a goal. Right now, I have no incentive to even attempt this "event", especially since everyone says the price is too steep.

However, if this store has something I know I want, I'd rather save my plat to get there than throw it away 10p at a time on Stan's lure for an RNG slapfest.

I'm not sure why this is considered a closely-guarded secret. The privilege and reward for all that hard work and plat expenditure is surely gaining access to this store, not merely knowing what it sells. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 01-22-2016 at 08:45 AM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Locking Callweddi behind a plat wall was a really bad decision.

Was looking forward to doing the puzzles, but I'm not spending 15k plat to get to the village.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    I would LOVE it if someone could list what is on the store and for how much. This would greatly determine whether I EVER decide to set Calweddi as a goal. Right now, I have no incentive to even attempt this "event", especially since everyone says the price is too steep.

However, if this store has something I know I want, I'd rather save my plat to get there than throw it away 10p at a time on Stan's lure for an RNG slapfest.

I'm not sure why this is considered a closely-guarded secret. The privilege and reward for all that hard work and plat expenditure is surely gaining access to this store, not merely knowing what it sells. Am I missing something?
    There is no secret, here's a video of Callweddi store items https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9UgdCbPb2Y

I can see how many people would hate the idea of spending so much plat to get there and then find the items on the vendors expensive. But from what I've seen, buying them off the AH would only cost you more. Oddly enough, lots of people still think that dimensioneers are the community they'd benefit from (and unfortunately those who are willing to throw their last plat at them only confirm this silly thought).

So, although I do think the plat price for the glue and some of the items could be way lower, you would still spend more if you buy all this stuff from those who got the citizenship. If there are people who would buy and sell the items at cost, there's too few of them to count on it.

Besides, the puzzle is fun. It is grindy and randomized but fun. I'm currently sitting on the easiest stage, 1st four pieces, but I will definitely work my way up there.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Fabulous video link - thank you! I may someday want the dancers, but for now, I feel comfortable solving these puzzles when I get to them
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Fabulous video link - thank you! I may someday want the dancers, but for now, I feel comfortable solving these puzzles when I get to them :biggrin2:
    Yeah I'm in no rush at all, I mean I've only started two days ago, because I had no time and thought it was just too difficult, but now that I've started, I do feel like working on it once in a while. I'm sure it can feel grindy if you're too concentrated on it, but if not - it's another fun activity to add to the list. At least that's how I see it :)

I vowed to myself I wouldn't start on this Cal stuff.....but I did a few days ago. I did the first puzzle. Easy enough. Next step. I have 3 of the 4 first puzzle pieces. After that, now I just don't know. Lol. I don't have the energy to try & find all the elite fae to get the next 5 pieces from, and honestly, I don't like that I have to mentor down 5 lvls below the mob to MAYBE get the piece. It'll take too long to get the credits together for all the vials it'll take to get the next 6. I know our living situation isn't the concern of Trion, but surely alot of ppl are in a similar boat. I homeschool my son, & that means only hubby is bringing in income. So sadly, those last pieces that can only be gotten with credits spent on the store vials will be a long way off.

No, you are not alone in feeling like this. I was going to post that same link Laeti did. When I came across that I was let down even more. I had decided finally that I was beaten & defeated, & that I was actually going to go ahead with the long road & saving up for everything, until I saw those prices. And really, all I wanted was the tile.

BUT, while we're on that subject...I'm upset that for as long as we have been begging for new dim items, mainly building blocks, this is the way in which we get them. It's sad. And then, it's only a tile. Not a tile, sphere, rec, plank, cube. A tile.

I do like the item the mob that spawns drops though. One day I was so mad, I attacked Dead Simon just to see what would happen. After a few min I noticed he wasn't taking damage, & neither was I. All of a sudden he says "Hey, I'm here to help you!" I felt so bad for what I was doing that I logged off that alt, & got back on my main. I went & got my butt kicked some in some Warfronts real quick.

Sigh..................

I hope you're happy Simon. I have no Callweddi access, & no butt.
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    One day I was so mad, I attacked Dead Simon just to see what would happen. After a few min I noticed he wasn't taking damage, & neither was I. All of a sudden he says "Hey, I'm here to help you!" I felt so bad for what I was doing that I logged off that alt, & got back on my main. I went & got my butt kicked some in some Warfronts real quick.

Sigh..................

I hope you're happy Simon. I have no Callweddi access, & no butt.
    Haha I was actually asking myself this question yesterday, like what would happen if I poke Simon with some dot, but then he started talking, and I was like "naaaaaw I can't possibly!.."

Now if that was Stan instead of him standing there... well, let's just say I wouldn't care that he takes no damage, I'd just burn him for the fun of it lol.

Shield of Telara

All the dim items are tradeable. You could find someone with access to get them for you. You are going to have to pay a lot for the items even with access. You could save yourself the hassle/15k plat to get access. If you find a credit seller you would save a little money. Like the dim key costs 1500 plat or 1012 credits. I have sold credits in the past for 1.2:1. So that would be 1214 plat for the key, it would be a little savings if you were planning on buying them with plat. Not so good if you wanted to buy them with credits but if you wanted to go the plat way that is better for you.

But just about everything has a little bit of a discount with a credit seller at 1.2.

General of Telara

4 Purple puzzle pieces and I will divulge all the info and take care of all my dim compatriots.
    Last edited by swordkata; 01-23-2016 at 08:42 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I have popped a Cadwelli Summary with vendor screnshots under Dimensions Guides. Sorry for delay been hoping to complete it be fore doing so but alas 4/6.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5169171

Good Luck All.

+ Reply to Thread