+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stan's lure brought back nothing!

Default Stan's lure brought back nothing!

As the title states it. My 3rd reel from stan's lure brought nothing back in PTW and now it's on CD. Take a look at this devs please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stan's lure brought back nothing!-stans-lure-bug.jpg  

So after you received the "lure has decayed" message, what did you fish up? After that message is the final cast for Stan.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

There was nothing ugh i did a bad screenshot didnt I ?

General of Telara

In the Dev's minds, "Nothing" is subjective. You got lost crafting marks and an artie. No idea on cast 3. Working as intended.

Last night I got soggy crafting marks, Manugo decree(Really?, had this maxed out 5 months ago) and a minion card that I already had...that's soulbound...So I had to destroy it...

I think what Bella meant was that on 3d cast, after 1st pull the lure sends "decayed" message, but if you have more pulls after that message, they're still on Stan's lure until you fish something up. But if you stop fishing right after the message then you'll receive nothing.

First 2 casts tho, even if you accidentally pull earlier or stop fishing (which normally would send a "fish got away" message), you'll still have the charge, it doesn't go away. It only does after the "decayed" message.

So make sure you do as many pulls as necessary after the "decayed" message.

Also, I keep my "loot" chat window separate from all the others, and it has all the unnecessary stuff disabled (like crafting self, crafting others, group loot etc - only the ones I actually need, for me that's money loot and items loot\self). That way you won't miss anything in the chat clutter. That's just in case of missed loot etc, it happens (tho it might have been a bug in your case, I don't know).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Just an FYI, there *HAVE* been times where the lure fishes up nothing. Cast, pull, pull, pull, nada. I have bugged this every time it happens. I don't know if it's trying to access an incorrect/empty field on a table somewhere.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Just an FYI, there *HAVE* been times where the lure fishes up nothing. Cast, pull, pull, pull, nada. I have bugged this every time it happens. I don't know if it's trying to access an incorrect/empty field on a table somewhere.
    Yeah that's true, probably some loot table bug. Never had it tho, every time I thought I got nothing it turned out I got some manugo decree or something like that and didn't notice it lol.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Yeah that's true, probably some loot table bug. Never had it tho, every time I thought I got nothing it turned out I got some manugo decree or something like that and didn't notice it lol.
    I keep a separate tab just for loot, and on those pulls, NOTHING appears. Not there, not in my combat log, not in my chat window. Hence me bugging it when it happens.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

No i had 3 pull, it acted as if i collected something, but no window and the decayed message appeared. I obviously should have opened my chat larger so we could see after that there was absolutely no loot. But yeah.
    Last edited by Amielle; 01-15-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Telaran

This happened to me yesterday. Also on the 3rd cast. Bugged it.

Soulwalker

Default Why Stan. Why!?

Well, I didn't see anything announced about changing the drop rate of items from Stan's lure but I have 30+ screenshots of 2 chars fishing up pure garbage 3 times a day since last patch. used to be fun and lucrative and now, with a 50% increase in cost to create the lure... worth it? luck or larceny? : /

I had 4 pulls yesterday and fully expected the empty loot window bug everyone gets, but I got a Gloamwood Tavern. Purple, but trash nonetheless. However, it may signal that the 4-pull bug is now "fixed".

Because of the previous cost of the lure and the garbage received, I had limited making the lure only on days where 4 Skygrazer Manta and 4 Oorl Remora were needed for the fishing daily. However, now that the price has increased by 50%, I may abandon it altogether.

Getting rid of the 50% price hike might be a nice perk to add to Patron
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 02-11-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Hehe i got that moment too.

#that moment when you reel in 5 times and get a magitech Orrery *facepalm*

I've received several empty casts from Stan's lure at different times. It is definately bugged.

Telaran

Default Bugged

I got this problem with Infra cell lure for affinity points, EVERY time i buy and use a lure it happens, sometimes even twice and always when i get 4 pulls aka relic rarity loot, it works fine with epic rarity.
    Have tried 6 lures by now and lost atleast 8 succefull catches, aka getting no loot for a success.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast