+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Investigating the 1/0 Bug

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Investigating the 1/0 Bug

Heya folks,

Recently a number of individuals who were experiencing the 1/0 bug have reported that they are no longer seeing this issue in their dimensions. This is awesome news, but we want to make sure this is fixed for everyone before we mark it as solved in our database.

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, or experiences it moving forwards please post in this thread with any details you can provide.

Thanks,
    Ocho

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thank you for keeping on top of this, appreciate it.

Prophet of Telara

Hi Ocho,

I don't know if it is even the same bug, I just don't want to forget you anyways, since it's a really annoying bug.... I still get the -1/0-bug after using a PvP-flag frequently (if you want to investigate: moria by xaphiria on brutwacht - it's 100% there).

But thanks for fixing the bug related to restarts, I really appreciate that :-) So nice to see all those brokend dimensions again :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Hi Ocho,

I don't know if it is even the same bug, I just don't want to forget you anyways, since it's a really annoying bug.... I still get the -1/0-bug after using a PvP-flag frequently (if you want to investigate: moria by xaphiria on brutwacht - it's 100% there).

But thanks for fixing the bug related to restarts, I really appreciate that :-) So nice to see all those brokend dimensions again :-)
    If you can give any us any more information about your use of the PvP flag that would be awesome. It doesn't seem like something that should be related at first, but it could be somehow or more likely it could be what you are doing while using the PvP flag. That's the challenge with this particular one, without repro steps it's been incredibly difficult to squash.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

This issue has plagued Rift for quite a while, we're really counting on you, the community to help us try and track this issue down by giving us as much information as you can.

Last edited by Morticus; 01-21-2016 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo

Shadowlander

I've been checking all my characters and my guild for the bug and trying to write down who had it and didnt have it each week for a while now, so before I had even read the patch notes I had already done my normal checking.
    All of my personal dimensions on my main and my alts were working great, so thank you!
    However, someone had checked my guild dimension for me before I logged on any character from that guild and it was bugged with the -1/0.
    It cleared up the moment I logged on as usual, and I did send a bug report in upon logging in, but I figured I should post here too.
    Its just a little family guild, so only a few ppl are in it.
    Shard: Wolfsbane
    Guild Name: Redeemed
    Guild Dimension Name: To Everything there is a Season

Thanks for all the work that you guys and everyone in the community has done to track and fix this : )
    Its much appreciated!!

I'll do my normal test and check next patch like I always do and report my findings : )

Edit: I realized after I woke up a little more that I forgot to clarify that this post is referring to the patch on Weds, as I didnt realize until after posting that there was a patch today (friday) as well. I just got up, and havent updated or logged in yet so I didnt know about the patch today, sorry for any confusion!
    Last edited by Keren of Redeemed; 01-15-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Description of bug: first it looks normal, but you can't see items in the item list. changes you make won't be saved or seen by others while building. +1 can't be given. Changes to -1/0 later.

note: all flags and starting points are within the intended boundaries of the dimensions.

Flag: Dominion. Distance between flag and starting point: around 200 m. -1/0 bug: 100 %
    (dimension: Infinity Gate)

Flag: Oathsworn. Distance between flag and starting point: ~ 240 m. -1/0 bug: used to be less, now it's 100 % as well. (dimension: Everywhere)

Other flags I used are working fine. Distance between flag and starting point are not that great, though.

E. g.: Flag: Oathsworn. Distance: 106 m. -1/0-bug: never. Dimension: gloamwood glen.
    flag: dominion. distance: 148 m. -1/0-bug: never. dimension: stone grove.
    flag: nightfall. distance: 20m. -1/0-bug: never. dimension: shoreward island.

and thanks for looking into this :-)
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 01-16-2016 at 12:25 AM. Reason: added note
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Shadowlander

I asked a family member to use their account with a character not in my guild, and they reported that my guild's dimension was bugged with the -1/0 bug again after today's (fridays) hotfix.
    However they said that all of my personal dimensions were still fine, so its still only the guild that is having the problem.
    As usual when I logged on, it cleared it up.
    I know I've done a few minor tweaks over the last week, however my guild is setting at max item count and I haven't worked on it in mass in weeks.
    After a few years of revisions, I've pretty much called it a finished build
    However I'll be happy to not change anything else in it, or not log anyone on after the next patch if you need to see it in its -1/0 state and it does it again.
    Thanks again!

Prophet of Telara

I did some more testing in an empty anywhere today.

Flag: Nightfall.

Starting point distances: started at 180 m, increments of around 5 m per test (set waypoint at flag and took the readings from that).
    180 m: okay.
    185 m: okay.
    190 m: okay.
    195 m: started to glitch sometimes.
    200 m: funny thing: when I did this in a row, I could up quite high (port, place starting point further away, ride back, port...). as soon as I started to leave the dimension and come back, and port then, the bug appears.
    Other thing noted: when you are within the save distances, the port is instant. Around 200 m, but only when I got the bug, the loading screen appeared.

Do what you want with that, my guess is distance, maybe something with already loaded terrain (the dim was empty except for flag and starting point). I did try to run around the starting point first before porting, at a distance of 215 meters I still got the loading screen when riding back to the flag and port (+ bug). didn't try that for all the distances before that :-)

I hope that helped!
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 01-16-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Do you need more or are those tests sufficient to give you a starting point?

Btw, hight counts too, if that makes any difference :-)

To know that distance is an issue already helps for new builds though, but it would nevertheless be awesome if we got a fix here for old builds :-)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I think the pvp ports being used as a porting system and not for pvp is an easy fix by making new items specifically to port that don't flag us which would be why this occurs and is separate from the 0/1 bug.

The instance/map becomes "hostile" once flagged so it is technically not a bug its just the intention of what these items are being used for.

2 different kinds of clickable port that start and land - something smallish that can be buried in things like the banners but not so big so we can morph. Two different kinds would allow us to use multiple in a dimension.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-21-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Prophet of Telara

sounds like a nice idea (maybe they could be a bit cheaper, too ) and not having to worry about visitors killing each other would be good too.

I've confirmed the range thing with different people though, so maybe if a fix is possible, that wouldn't be bad as well :-)

Shadowlander

I was really busy yesterday, so I wasn't able to patch or check my guild until now but after the weekly hotfix , my guild dimension is again bugged with the -1/0 bug.
    I haven't logged in with a guild member yet, but I'll try to log in later today and clear it out.
    Am I the only one still encountering this bug?
    Hopefully it won't be to hard to fix , and thanks again!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi Keren

Logged into my alts guild dimension who I have not logged onto yet via my main and have the same 1/0 issue. The rest of my alts personal dimensions are fine I can access them from my main and they do not have the 1/0 bug.

Kiwibank@Greybriar - Muse Guild: "Roadtrip USA -Route66"
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-21-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Shadowlander

I havent had any trouble with personal dimensions since the fix either, so I think its just the guild dimensions now.
    Thanks for posting Kiwi. I'm sorry that its bothering other ppl, and yet its kind of nice that its not just me in a way too, you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast