+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: not being able to pick up items or drop

Soulwalker

Default not being able to pick up items or drop

I am currently not able to pick up items or drop items in my friends or guilds demensions, only in my own. anyone else having this problem? did not have this problem before the last patch.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I would ask your friends and guild to make sure your permissions to pick up and place are still good.

If the permissions are still set to allow you to build and you cannot, then I suggest submitting a ticket.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by vedartha View Post
    I am currently not able to pick up items or drop items in my friends or guilds demensions, only in my own. anyone else having this problem? did not have this problem before the last patch.
    By default, you're only supposed to be able to pick up\drop\move non-bound items in your own or your alts' dimensions. If the item is soulbound (loyalty rewards, saga trophies etc), you can only place it or pick up from your own dim.

To be able to build in your friends' dimensions, you need your friends to set full permission for their friends (keep in mind that if you're not the only one on their friend list, the results might be unpredictable). It's always better to do that via "Special" permissions where they could add your toon and your alts if needed.

For the guild dimension, the Guild leader should check the ranks for dim permissions. Those ranks can also be edited for drop-off or move only, so you need to make sure you have the right rank and\or full permissions.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Soulwalker

all permissions are the same have never changed...might just have to file a ticket.

all permissions are the same have never changed...might just have to file a ticket.
    One more thing I thought about would be if you recently moved shards (with the guild), then perhaps the ranks and permissions should be re-edited again. But if that's not the case, then it must be a bug.

Also, since the -1 bug was apparently related to Guilds, then some new bugs could follow this fix. I would think so especially if the friends you're talking about are in the same guild with you.

Shadowlander

You're not the only one with that problem. In my guild, no one can pick up or drop any items in our guildies dimensions anymore - after today's patch. Permissions haven't changed. I've checked my own and seen the permissions of another guildie for myself. Super annoying when you're in the middle of a building process and can't get anything done.

Sorry, but it has happened WAY too often, that "fixing" something messed up so many other things that I start dreaming of a rollback to 2.1
    Last edited by koryphae; 01-14-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Default same same

Quote Originally Posted by koryphae View Post
    You're not the only one with that problem. In my guild, no one can pick up or drop any items in our guildies dimensions anymore - after today's patch. Permissions haven't changed. I've checked my own and seen the permissions of another guildie for myself. Super annoying when you're in the middle of a building process and can't get anything done.

Sorry, but it has happened WAY too often, that "fixing" something messed up so many other things that I start dreaming of a rollback to 2.1
    Same as above... everything was fine before latest patch. Had members placing/picking up the day before. Nothing has been changed, no guild shard hop.. nothing. Account for that dim setting checked and all as was before.

Dimension ' Anywhere'
    Shard Wolfsbane
    Last edited by Snitty; 01-16-2016 at 04:27 AM.

Plane Walker

Same thing here. I had the owners put me on special list and am able to pick up and place. Hope this helps

Default ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Marnth View Post
    Same thing here. I had the owners put me on special list and am able to pick up and place. Hope this helps
    Good solution but.. just how long would it take to add 360 odd guildies to a list tho.. aye boy

Quote Originally Posted by Snitty View Post
    Good solution but.. just how long would it take to add 360 odd guildies to a list tho.. aye boy
    1) Add those who actually build or contribute to the dim, not everyone, their alts and their alts' kinsfolk;

2) Have everyone who actually contribute to the dim and encountered this bug submit a ticket with all the details they could provide for the team to find out what causes the bug and how to fix it;

3) Don't forget it's weekend and you should wait at least until Monday before thinking that nobody cares;

4) Profit!

As much as just stating the issue on the forums is a good start, it is not really helpful, investigating the bugs takes time and requires all the details (sometimes even those you wouldn't consider relevant, like number of people in the guild or dimension's tier).

Hope the fix won't take long. Cheers!

Default m-k

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    1) Add those who actually build or contribute to the dim, not everyone, their alts and their alts' kinsfolk;

2) Have everyone who actually contribute to the dim and encountered this bug submit a ticket with all the details they could provide for the team to find out what causes the bug and how to fix it;

3) Don't forget it's weekend and you should wait at least until Monday before thinking that nobody cares;

4) Profit!

As much as just stating the issue on the forums is a good start, it is not really helpful, investigating the bugs takes time and requires all the details (sometimes even those you wouldn't consider relevant, like number of people in the guild or dimension's tier).

Hope the fix won't take long. Cheers!

I don't understand the 'profit' part but I'll pass on all the rest. Just too much work to add, like I said, so many guildies.. It's, like I said, the 'Guild's Free Yard Sale'. So is open to all members and so the dim can remain void of toons for many hours, have one placing/picking up.. maybe 2 toons.... small numbers of toons and not often.

But, not to say this won't work for small amounts of members who only donate time to build the guild dim, it will of course.

As for what happens ect..
    1/ toon enters dim
    2/ toon tries to place item
    3/ toon does not have permissions to place in that dim
    4/ toon tries to pick up dim item
    5/ toon does not have permission to pick up that dim item.

Pretty simple really.

Ticket time
    Last edited by Snitty; 01-16-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snitty View Post
    I don't understand the 'profit' part but I'll pass on all the rest. Just too much work to add, like I said, so many guildies.. It's, like I said, the 'Guild's Free Yard Sale'. So is open to all members and so the dim can remain void of toons for many hours, have one placing/picking up.. maybe 2 toons.... small numbers of toons and not often.

But, not to say this won't work for small amounts of members who only donate time to build the guild dim, it will of course.

As for what happens ect..
    1/ toon enters dim
    2/ toon tries to place item
    3/ toon does not have permissions to place in that dim
    4/ toon tries to pick up dim item
    5/ toon does not have permission to pick up that dim item.

Pretty simple really.

Ticket time
    I do understand your frustration, but still, it's not something that will just go away overnight, so that's why the suggestions to take some temporary steps while getting as much info to the devs as it's possible.

I still don't think all 360 members are actually using the dim (forgive me if I'm wrong), so for those who actively use dim item trading there's a temporary solution: personal trading dims. There's already a number of taplaps on each shard, but if you want this to be a friends-specific (or guild-specific) place to trade, you might set up several empty dims with 'friends' permissions for this purpose. Since dim items mostly come in boxes, there's also a guild vault option to store the boxes until the bug is fixed (there's only so many types of them and it shouldn't take much space unless every guild member donates a stack of them every day, which I doubt).

In the meantime, anyone who has this bug as well could update this thread (or start a new one) with any possible info and details.

Tickets usually take at least couple of days to be reviewed (again, weekend, so that's +2 days), so you need options while you're waiting. I also hope it is a part of the general "-1" bug and since they are already looking into it, there's a good chance the fix is just round the corner.

I'm affected by this issue as well. One "free for all guildies" dim from one of the members is affected, an alt with another "free for all guildies" dim is (still) fine.

All of the pick-up/move/drop actions, in the affected dim, return "You do not have permission". However, I am still able to move items, but they are reset when I leave and re-enter the dim.

Edit:
    Additional info, the affected dim was created after last patch.
    Last edited by xcal1; 01-17-2016 at 07:05 AM. Reason: new info
    -- xcal

Prophet of Telara

we have the same issue, as soon as we put people on special permissions it's okay... when we only have permissions set for guild (all boxes checked) people can't take out stuff :-(

time frame: I think around last hotfix?

I hope the devs fix that soon!
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

What is the status of this issue?

Setting individual permissions is not a workaround for guild member access.
    -- xcal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast