+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long does it take you...

Default How long does it take you...

...to build your dimensions? On average?
    Last edited by Adansonia; 01-13-2016 at 08:45 AM.
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

A couple eternities since I've only ever finished one dimension.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

When I set my mind to it and figure out how to do my morphs quickly - 1-2 weeks (I squeeze in weeklies, so I don't do days of just building). Other times, many many months to where I can't even see a finish line!

Depends.

If it's a certain idea when I already know what key to use, what and where to build and how the result should look - it's usually couple days to one week.

If it's just a hint of idea (like, I want to build a village... some village.. not sure which type and how many houses and where to build it...), then it might take weeks to months before the result goes public.

I don't count the non-building hours in, even if there's something I must do for the build (like fish up a few dozens of murrmaid statues lol), it's not the actual process. But usually if the idea consumes me, my mind stays posessed for the whole building time and I don't bother doing anything else.

*Also, sometimes it technically takes longer because if I'm not at home with highest graphics possible then I don't build at all because building on low graphics is very, very sad.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Prophet of Telara

I'm with laeti... although I have yet to find a build that really takes long. sometimes I don't build for a couple of weeks, but that's usually in between dimensions... finding an idea or something like that.

ATM I'm at 2 dimensions at the same time, the second one is a bit more slowly, but just-building-time won't we so long as well... I don't tear down buildings a lot, I don't restart over and over again... so it usually comes down to a few days up to 2-3 weeks.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

I'm actually thinking of tearing down another one only to do an "upgrade" of its theme in another dim key :) One does not simply get a Mathosian Cascades key without aiming to build something elvish (again!) in there lol.

But that one - it will definitely take weeks. I know that for sure, because managing the space and the overall "how do I build this?" mood.

Takes me normally 2 to 6 months. I am a very slow builder.

Fastest one I ever did was Tavril's Garden, and I did that in a weekend.

Others I just sit and tinker and tinker and tinker -- I still have a half dozen that are anywhere from halfway done to mostly done, and it's been months.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Default It depends

It depends what it is and also how much time I can dedicate. My dungeon in Castle fortune took almost 2 months, the underwater one in Polyp took 3 months, whilst others can take a couple of weeks. I think on average about a month.

Belle
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

i dont have the dim "know how" to finish or design a dim. i attempted to make a christmas dim, and so far its just a bunch of snow on the ground with a few xmas trees and light strings. lol

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

It does depend. I build hard through 2, 3, sometimes 4 dimensions before burnout and the need for more plat sends me back out into the world. How long those builds take depends on how loudly the dimension is telling me what it wants to be.

Grey Lords took 3 days, my Cozy Cottage test build took about 5 days. A Hindu flavored tomb took 3 weeks due to tearing down and rebuilding big sections to fix flub-ups and because it was just that hard to build.

So...on average, about a week, not counting the stretches between those building jags where I do other stuff.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

It varies. My fastest build was done in 2 days with breaks but item count was only 400. My quickest build with over 2000 items took 10 days but that was a challenge to myself since I knew what I was going to do. My longest build was over 2000 items and it took me 12 months to finish, lol. I usually do have about 3 to 5 works in progress going at the same time cos i get bored with just doing one theme. If I had to guess I would say a build for me would roughly take a month to finish, but like others has said that constant building either I do my pvp weeklies as well.
    Naerhya@Greybriar, Anaemeah@Greybriar Anaetta@Greybriar Zanae@Greybriar Rhyaetta@Greybriar and Jhasta@Greybriar

https://twitter.com/NaerhyaRift?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by khaleesy View Post
    i dont have the dim "know how" to finish or design a dim. i attempted to make a christmas dim, and so far its just a bunch of snow on the ground with a few xmas trees and light strings. lol
    that's cause I haven't started on it yet :D

+ Reply to Thread