+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dimensions in 2016 - will we see an improvement to how we spend our time?

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,880

    Default Dimensions in 2016 - will we see an improvement to how we spend our time?

    Dear Archonix, Morticus, Engineering & Creative team.

    Hope you are all rested, had a great holiday and are ready for an in-depth look at the evolution and current bottleneck of Dimensions regarding how time is spent as a Dimensioneer and possible solutions.

    __________________________

    THE HARDEST ITEM TO GET IN DIMENSIONS IS TIME


    This is a natural 4 hour time frame for me in Rift as a Dimensioneer:


    Log on sort minions, sort mail, sort items, comb AH, look for Cadwelli puzzle artifacts, trade dimension items, look at a dimension someone else built, zone into dimension build 30 minutes, fix build 30 minutes. Log off.
    • 2013 I built 9 + 2 collaborative dimensions.
    • 2014 I built 8 + 3 collabs dims
    • 2015 I built 5 dimensions - I actually built 2 added 3 more because I play other games
    • 2013 2k plat + tier 4 on a dimension using latest items was a lot.
    • 2014 5k plat +tier 5 on a dimension using latest items was a lot.
    • 2015 I have a dimension with 12 items in it yet to be built that has cost me 35k plat including 2 Cadwelli rewards, a full planar crafting set and 2 planar crafting items

    My main concern is not so much the cost (although you can see the cost of Dimensions has increased massively without taking into consideration cost to get the key then raise it to t5) my main concern is when will I get the time to build once I get these items?

    __________________________

    WHERE IS TIME GOING?

    I love how items are throughout the game, latest puzzle is brilliant, planar crafting a good idea except the fishing part and Stans lure is still my nemisis. I also managed to level a Primalist but have not had much time to play her since.

    All these things aside I genuinely believe the following reasons are greatly why Dimensions are becoming more of a hindrance for many than a welcome respite and if prioritized would be of great help.

    CURRENT BUGS

    I have tried to assist with the following to no avail so will link all posts pertaining to them in the hope it may help find a solution because it is frustrating to see these bugs go on for so long. Please help us fix these asap or tell us what to do to prevent:

    PUBLIC TEST SHARD

    An extension of bugs is testing. I love PTS but as far as testing Dimensions and items on PTS goes feedback and support for those who take the time is minimal the last two world events rolled out with so many faults, these bugs and many others often reported while on PTS and nothing done. Our time is valuable on PTS and live it eats into our building time please consider this and also make credit/reward currency only items available for testers so we can make sure items aren't bugged well in advance. The same people are on their immediately every update 9/10 I am happy to supply these names or just put in foundry.

    ITEM STORAGE

    I have spent over 30k plat on 5 max capacity dimensions, 4 alt bank vaults, bags and guilds just to store items and I know I am not the only one.

    Please make a Wardrobe UI style dimension item feature top priority so we dont have to spend so much time organizing and storing items as well as getting them.

    The current Wardrobe system could be adapted to Dimensions including sets, favorite items, even dyes and might only apply to common items OR all items could become BOA so the AH isn't flooded except crafting components, world events and content (pvp and pve dungeons/raids) items only on the AH

    OLD ITEM OVERLOAD

    With or without the Wardrobe/Dimension UI suggestion above being able to break down items needs to happen fast similar to artifacts each tier giving an incremented amount according to its rarity creating a new crafting material to make long overdue new tiles or current textured tiles in Cadwelli marble colors, new colored pillows, burlap sacks - all those small things we have been asking for for so long.

    Perhaps there needs to be a token reward system in Dimensions like we do armor?

    For so many tokens you can choose the items you need off the store or a special vendor and you can gain these tokens via this new craft/minions/content (dungeons of every level the harder or higher level ones giving you more than lower level) instead of all these items you will never build with.

    We could collect an item once for the Dimension wardrobe UI then every other one we get after that we can break down to create a new materia/tokenl that lets us make a as many of the items according to values.

    Example: Collect farm cart - registers on new ui - collect another farm cart break it down for 1 new material/token it allows me to make 1 of another item of the same rarity. Maybe I break down a relic Sanctuary of Rebirth and can now make 8 farm carts.

    __________________________

    SEARCHING FOR VALUE

    Please help us gain more time by making searching for items easier.

    STORE OVERHAUL

    Please consider the following:
    • Adding Dimension items to all tiers of loyalty
    • Adding original lockboxes to store
    • Lowering prices of items currently found in minions
    • Tooltip warning new players to check AH for items on store
    • Placing Tempest Bay PvP items under PvP

    AUCTION HOUSE

    The above ideas would really clean up the Auction house and help finding new items a lot easier, there has also been an improvement in ensuring new items are in the right place. Thank you but is it at all possible to have a latest search for each category to check latest items registered on AH?

    DIMENSION HELP UI
    ...so players can see all items and guides.

    __________________________

    MY HOPES FOR 2016

    All these things are quality of life there is so much more but personally I just want to know my time is being spent well because its valuable to me.

    Please give the creative team the support and everything they need to accomplish these things so we can have even more fun celebrating and showing the internet how amazing 5 years of RIFT truly is - Dimension styles.

    __________________________

    I have also made these suggestions on other threads if this wall of text isn't long enough and you want to know more...:

    Thanks for your time, consideration and all your hard work.

    - Kiwi
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-05-2016 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Zillaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Kiwi - you and I have not always agreed, but i think this thread has hit most of the Dim problems perfectly!
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    928

    Default

    I'm in agreement with Zill, this thread is spot on..Also can we get a dimension holder increase? Having to sort through 12 alts to use an Anywhere dim is inconvenient to say the least. I'd be happy with an increase to 25, even.

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    Kiwi - you and I have not always agreed, but i think this thread has hit most of the Dim problems perfectly!
    All good Z. I was trying to encourage writing in this format or similar so there are facts more than emotion to give insight into what is occurring and failed quite extraordinarily. I didn't take any conflict to heart I'm just clumsy knowing we all mean well so this is me making up for it in the new year.

    Sometimes I daydream that someone will let dimensions have our own manugo and a whole bunch of achievements like omg I just placed my 1 millionth item and wow I collected all the time of days who knew?

    etc and so on....

    For now I'll play with minions telling me Im amazing though I really do wish that voice was a male.....

    *cough Gingers*
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-06-2016 at 08:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara Amielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    Please oh please make old-new achieve/ artifact collection available through rift store in trophy tab with plat! (bound to account)

    Items such as : - All GH5 achieve dimension items
    - Bottle of wine from Maliana (dimension achieve reward)
    - Manugo Station (manugo plane of water achieve reward)
    - All the dancing partner in PTW ( artifact collection rewards)
    - All the rift nightmare achieve rewards (maw, tentacules, hand, power up)
    Last edited by Amielle; 01-06-2016 at 09:43 AM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    For now I'll play with minions telling me Im amazing though I really do wish that voice was a male.....

    *cough Gingers*
    We should have a poll for that one.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  7. #7
    Telaran Velaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I think you put all these points together marvellously, Kiwi - succinct and clear. I can see that with dimensions having been around for a few years now, everything's become sort of unwieldy, and the way you propose to tidy all that up is great. If some, if not all, of your good ideas could come to pass, it'd be a day of celebration for dim builders!

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Coldsprite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Thanks Kiwi, for summing up so many of the important issues we dimensioners have come across so clearly! I would absolutely love a better way to manage common item storage - as it is, i spend more time and plat organizing and upgrading storage dimensions that building!

    Also, adding a tooltip in the Store advising players to check their local AH is a wonderful idea! When I started out playing Rift (about a year ago) it took me a long time to start building dimensions because I was saving up to buy a key from the store. At the time, I had no idea they were even the AH!

    On another note, I'm not sure if making dimension items BOA would work very well - it would definitely be more difficult for new players to obtain the items they needed. However, I definitely do love hearing everyone's ideas and look forward to seeing what the Devs have in store for us this year!!

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Cheers for the feedback appreciate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    On another note, I'm not sure if making dimension items BOA would work very well - it would definitely be more difficult for new players to obtain the items they needed. However, I definitely do love hearing everyone's ideas and look forward to seeing what the Devs have in store for us this year!!
    Hey Cold, suggesting BoA for items was in conjunction with a wardrobe system. My brain tends to think of all the reasons why something is not in place already and how a business/company can remain in a lucrative position for them to spend the time and resources in the first place on an idea to make it a reality.

    Applying a Wardrobe system to Dimension items would be big work and because of how many items there are, where they are in the game and the fact we need multiples of many of them is why I suggest BoA. It would not make logical sense for the progression of dimensions if players were just to be able to trade every item unlocking them in a wardrobe system. It also doesn't make sense the rarest and hardest items to get be so easy to have infinitely so I suggested all that I did with these thoughts in mind.

    However on the flip side how would these changes impact the current community to implement such a big change? Would it benefit us in the long term? I think so but short term I think there will be some upset as some of us have items in builds so such things like how the wardrobe system only registers items once they land in your bags is a big deal if you have items already placed in builds (etc) So for this I think implementing this idea then instilling BoA next hotfix allowing time would be a good solution....there are a lot of other thoughts but I didn't want to overload the already overloaded post lol

    The same goes for being able to break items down, there are so many items. How does Trion continue to create revenue and what are the consequences if such a thing was implemented? What will this impact?

    I have tried to cover these with the BoA suggestion so the AH doesn't flood even more with items just to break down cleaning it all up with a new crafting material that could be the way to get multiples of an item instead of just landing it in your bags so rarer items could be on the wardrobe system.

    With the wardrobe idea you also have to look at all the certain items and their rarities like Cadwelli marble tiles are white alongside their older versions so how does Trion ensure the Cadwelli items remain valuable because they are?... so on and so forth.

    Lots to think about and this is just a gamers thoughts I can imagine there is a thousand others needed for the experts to consider two such massive but game and life changing ideas...

    ...and welcome to the rabbit hole of my thought processes feel free to back out slowly cause it gets tricky sometimes lol
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-07-2016 at 09:16 AM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched kaymcleod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Great ideas! I can't pretend to understand all the ins and outs of the dimension system, as I am still relatively new to this aspect of the game, but I appreciate the level of work that has gone into troubleshooting solutions.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

    PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

  11. #11
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    BoA system is a great suggestion especially for those of us who hoard stuff (and that's like everyone? lol). Having t5 dims for storage purpose only is not just expensive but also kinda silly because the number of dim slots isn't infinite. That makes us create multiple alts with multiple storages, and trying to remember what is where let alone hopping between all these dims is a pain. It's time consuming, it's space consuming, it's boring. Also, I can't speak for everyone, but I personally tend to keep all the items I need for a build in my bags during the building process. That leaves very little space for other stuffs. And since I can't really shoot 1 dim per day, I keep carrying all this stuff with me for weeks. It's really, really annoying having to clean up the bags every now and then just because those 2 slots left are not enough for an NTE run or something.

    So, if we had the items sorted in a wardrobe-like system, it would be awesome. SB items could stay in a SB section or just become BoA to everyone's happiness.

    I do have some difficulties understanding it though.
    Say we get an item from a quest. We unlock the skin, and then use it as many times as we want? Or the skin is also unlocked in the store, and we buy the quantity (say, 15 trees for 15g each, and it gives us 15 uses of the said skin)?

    Also, wouldn't it kill the AH trades? Or I'm missing something? Shouldn't it be Bind on Use instead of Bind to Account to keep the player vs player trades alive? Like, not having the skin in the bag but actually "using" it (right-click etc) would unlock it?

    I mean don't get me wrong, weird people selling plushies for 3K or Sanctuaries for 15K should stop being jerks IMO, but generally AH sales is what keeps lots of us building. We got enough people being unhappy because some items are still gated behind some RoF runs etc, so if all the items would suddenly become untradeable (except for the store), it would make lots of people really grumpy.



    So, generally I love the idea and I'm all for it, I just need some clarification (or maybe just developing the ideas) to understand it better. Sorry for noobing.
    Last edited by Laeti; 01-07-2016 at 07:29 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  12. #12
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I just need some clarification (or maybe just developing the ideas) to understand it better. Sorry for noobing.
    To clarify I never said all items BoA (see quote below) and also I am not expecting these things to actually happen because I don't see all the moving parts that keep this game evolving so all my suggestions could be way out of the realm of possibility however I am willing to let the Dev team see that I am struggling and would like to build more than I do organize, gather and prune items after using the shared bank and bank vault which were gratefully given to us the last time these subjects were bought to the forefront.

    What I suggest will save us/anyone having a similar conversation this time next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The current Wardrobe system could be adapted to Dimensions including sets, favorite items, even dyes and might only apply to common items OR all items could become BOA so the AH isn't flooded except crafting components, world events and content (pvp and pve dungeons/raids) items only on the AH
    So keeping crafted items, items from content ie trophies, world events, latest items etc the way they are would suit what I have suggested along with Keys and crafting components.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-07-2016 at 08:34 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Zillaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    316

    Default

    I always assumed the reason we could not break down dim items into a material, was because you can simply buy dim items in the store. I figured they chose artifacts for this since you have to acquire them in-game
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

  14. #14
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    I always assumed the reason we could not break down dim items into a material, was because you can simply buy dim items in the store. I figured they chose artifacts for this since you have to acquire them in-game
    Because you could get rich with the cheapest items, and after that - because minions. Same reason why artis from major city collections and those event ones from Stillmoor can't be broken down to ribbons - they're infinite

    Making a separate material that could only be used to make dim items is a great idea, but not sure how it would correlate with Dreamweaving (or any other profs - could it be an addition to every crafting prof with the new material, or a whole new crafting prof which wouldn't make sense).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  15. #15
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    I always assumed the reason we could not break down dim items into a material, was because you can simply buy dim items in the store. I figured they chose artifacts for this since you have to acquire them in-game
    Breaking down artifacts came about to help with the overflow of artifacts in October 22nd 2014 with Nightmare Tide - 3 years after the game began with artifacts. The only official reason I have heard regarding salvaging dimension items is "there is just too many" a conversation between Snedhepl and Daglar on livestream December 2014. Makes sense.

    Dimension items are now in the same boat, they became a hindrance when minions were introduced. They were a problem for every non-dimensioneer straight away. Bank Vaults, Shared Vaults and Add Ons that delete them were made to assist.

    In 2016 for actual Dimensioneers there needs to be more consideration to help us attain actual items we would use and keep the overflow in check saving valuable time to build more and share these builds and this game.

    Artifacts are now as easily accessible as Dimension items because of Minions and Auction House. We no longer buy 80% of items off the store because of minions however with what you say in mind Z the store overhaul mentioned in OP as well as a token system to use in Minions etc fold into one another to counteract as many consequences as I can see BUT of course there would be so much more to it and I am just guesstimating a possibility so what I see would only be a little bit I'm sure.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-08-2016 at 08:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts