+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Refuge
  • 2 Post By Samuraiko

Thread: Changing Enormous Sailing Ship

Default Changing Enormous Sailing Ship

Recently acquired this item. I was a little disappointed to realise there was no way of accessing the lower deck. For a relic item that would be considered an actual rare item with some real value, I was hoping for a bit more than just a large ship. I don't believe there is any ship in game that has an indoor part, unless you build it onto an existing one which is quite the task to attempt.

Currently there is a block at the centre door arch that is stopping access into the inner part. I was wondering what were the chances of removing this?

I assume this is in place because there is actually no structural internals to the ship such as lower rooms or even supporting beams, and the argument would be that if it's removed it would leave an "incomplete" or "none immersive" item in the game. Saying this, I really don't care, and I'm hoping a lot of dimensioners would agree. We can add out own internals to some extent. Or not? Please discuss.

If my doubts hold true, then will there be future ships in the game with lower decks? I wouldn't know if any models currently exist in the persistent world as I haven't played in a very long time and wouldn't remember if there was.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Recently acquired this item. I was a little disappointed to realise there was no way of accessing the lower deck. For a relic item that would be considered an actual rare item with some real value, I was hoping for a bit more than just a large ship. I don't believe there is any ship in game that has an indoor part, unless you build it onto an existing one which is quite the task to attempt.

Currently there is a block at the centre door arch that is stopping access into the inner part. I was wondering what were the chances of removing this?

I assume this is in place because there is actually no structural internals to the ship such as lower rooms or even supporting beams, and the argument would be that if it's removed it would leave an "incomplete" or "none immersive" item in the game. Saying this, I really don't care, and I'm hoping a lot of dimensioners would agree. We can add out own internals to some extent. Or not? Please discuss.

If my doubts hold true, then will there be future ships in the game with lower decks? I wouldn't know if any models currently exist in the persistent world as I haven't played in a very long time and wouldn't remember if there was.

Thanks.
    I'm not sure if that's the same thing as the three large ships that are anchored just outside of Tulan, the ones related to an achievement of some kind or another where you're climbing all over them - those you CAN go below decks (and FYI, great place to find artifacts).

Those would be terrific as a dim item.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I was hoping the same with the Sea Strider but also understand our items are the same as they are out in the world agreeing 100% a massive ship with lower decks would be awesome.

Great idea Sami!

Yup, I checked. There's actually nothing in side of the ship- when you are in the center of it, you can't even see the outside of the ship form the inside - it's like the facades. And I completely agree - it would be so awesome if we had the internal structures of a ship available to build in.

Isn't it floating?
    I honestly can't remember now if it is.

Just, well, you can't really build anything on top or inside a floating structure.

But if it's not then yah would be sweet, I only have one and it's in use in a 2000\2000 items dim but I'd be happy to have a few more, they're gorgeous, and making them usable space would be great.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Never been to Tulan (or forgot I have), will be sure to check it out. Supposedly the rusty ship with the aqua dimension pack has no collision at certain parts (not sure if rumour), but I guess you could work with that.

If they want to keep the wall there, that's fine, just remove the collision, so it still stays as the original object, without any problems of immersion. Then dimensioners can mask the wall with something like curtains etc.

And no, it's stationary.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-05-2016 at 11:01 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Never been to Tulan (or forgot I have), will be sure to check it out. Supposedly the rusty ship with the aqua dimension pack has no collision at certain parts (not sure if rumour), but I guess you could work with that.

If they want to keep the wall there, that's fine, just remove the collision, so it still stays as the original object, without any problems of immersion. Then dimensioners can mask the wall with something like curtains etc.

And no, it's stationary.
    When you port into Tulan in Cape Jule, Brevane, hang an immediate right off the porticulum. There's a small walkway bridge you cross, pass a few buildings, then head down the stairs to the right. The docks will start appearing in that direction. Go all the way to the end and you'll see three enormous ships all moored side by side at the docks. Those are the ones where you can go below decks.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Not sure if the enormous sailing ship is floating. I know you can stand in the hull - you just dont see the hull around you from the inside.

General of Telara

Supposedly the rusty ship with the aqua dimension pack has no collision at certain parts (not sure if rumour), but I guess you could work with that.
    Just had a look at my Rusted Metal Ship, I couldn't find any way to the inside, also it has no geometry on the inside at all, you can look right through the outer hull from inside.
    Plus, it's ugly anyway, IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread