+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PrincessToxic

Thread: Can Raider get some Dimension love?

Default Can Raider get some Dimension love?

Hey

There are so many dimension items and more are added frequently, mostly fluff items without any use. I'd really like to see some useful -interactive- dimension items for raider added.
    I talk mainly about Practice Dummies. We have 1-2 useful practice dummies and that's it and those are awful ugly too.
    On PTS are a whole lot of different practice dummies to properly test specs. There are some with certain debuffs, wounded with below 30%, certain resistances, healing, and so on. Why are those dummies not available on live when they obviously already exist?

I'd also like to see some dummies that are fun to parse on, like the Guardian/Defiant Guard figues (btw, they are too tiny, especially female defiant), that can be turned into animated (with player taunting say chat messages) and interactive dummies. Most people don't know they exist, because they are not even listed under Interactive->Dummy.
    It would be so cool to have figures from actual raid content such as mini Enigma or mini Arisen Arak or mini Crucia as parse dummy - with original animations and about double the height of a play char.
    Another thing that would be very useful for live parse testing is the Dev Buff that a player get by entering the Golem Foundry on PTS. Could something like this buff be made as dimension item?
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Default I'm not a raider, but....

I thought this was a very interesting idea. Adding the planar crafting stations was a great way to increase the usefulness of dimensions, but I never considered that people could greatly benefit from better training dummies. I personally never even use the ones in game, but I see people on them all the time! If they take the visual aspect above and beyond the ugly dummies we have right now, I would totally buy them just for looks! Can you imagine having a boss-shaped dummy?!? It would make dungeon dimensions that much more realistic.

Addendum: If the project list also includes dimension puppies, please finish the puppies FIRST, then work on the enhanced training dummies.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Store needs love also.

All about making dimensions more useful.

The store definitely needs to be upgraded to include:
    • Defiant and Guardian in both appropriate places as OP stated
    • PvP items in Tempest Bay being under PvP items.

The following interactive items would be awesome
    • Satyr bartender with the fancy cocktail glass (Hailol.)
    • Barbers chair for guild dimensions only that sines your shoes and adds a glow of different colors depending on level of guild (maybe 6 colors allocated individually every 5 levels.)
    • Planar Mailboxes to match craft stations.
    ...just to name a few.

It would also save a lot of grief for new players if their was a tooltip/s stating where else items are found in the game on the store especially Minion items. Prices are incredibly high on the store compared to AH etc
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-28-2015 at 08:16 AM.

i would also like to see an auctioneer that can be purchased for both guild dims as well as personal dims.

The holidays are over, let me *bump* this once and hope for the best.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

For those who actually use crafting stations, an Auctioneer item is essential. Well, generally, it's crafting stations+auctioneer+bank+guild bank to make a dim worth investing into for someone who is not just interested in the looks. Especially if it's a guild dim, or if the owner is passionate about crafting. As a person with the "long loading screen" problem I wouldn't even bother with a crafting dim unless I could build an entirely useful environment where I don't need to zone in and out to make stuffs.

Also, the testing dummies idea is awesome. But there's one more thing about them - the current ones are impossible to "cover" with morphing. Every time you'd try to morph it into something else, it would pop out of the morph and appear on top of it. I do like the idea of bosses etc for dummies, but I'd also appreciate the ones we have being morphable (not sure if that's even a word lol). Since tabbing would still work (wouldn't for a healing one so it needs to be fixed then), you could cover the dummy with anything you like, to make the testing stations fun, fitting the rest of the dim, and more creative. I really hope it's not and impossible task, been wishing for them dummies to be available for morphing since forever.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread