+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Velaxis
  • 1 Post By swordkata
  • 1 Post By Velaxis
  • 1 Post By Velaxis

Thread: Through the Night Gardens - new dimension and story

Default Through the Night Gardens - new dimension and story

After endless fiddling and procrastinating, I've finally got the first part of my transmedia story 'Through the Night Gardens' online, with an accompanying dimension in Rift to illustrate it.

Here's a link to the blog site I'm using for the story https://throughthenightgardens.wordpress.com/

The dimension is called 'And Here the Elements Roil' on the Gelidra EU shard, owned by Lazooli.

The aim is to release the chapters monthly - we'll see how that goes!

Any of you who view this dimension and/or read the chapter will now understand why the problems with the violet twistflower and its missing effects was rather a blow for me. Yay for other effects that sort of do the same sort of thing as the original glow, although sadly not as beautifully.

General of Telara

This is great. Liked the story as well. I'm planning on doing something similar within the next month or so, making episodes of a scifi themed dim, which will hopefully be a monthly addition.

Good luck on this, hope it goes smoothly. I plan on visiting your dim on the weekend.
    Last edited by swordkata; 12-23-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Great to hear you're on a similar project, Swordkata. Do let me know details when yours gets off the ground. We should do some 'cross pollination'. ;)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Love this so much and it seems 2016 is a creative adventure for many I look forward to seeing them all and more of yours Storm.

So inspiring.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

I love the story and I really appreciate this unique take on using dimensions to illustrate your story Very creative! I also enjoyed touring the first installment and will watch for future releases. Kudos on a cool idea!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Thanks for the comments, guys. I intend to get another 'episode' out in January, other work commitments permitting.

Hope everyone had a good holiday and will have a great time tonight for New Year.

It's awesome to be able to read the story now, after knowing little bits and bobs about it for a long time already But to end the first chapter with a cliffhanger, and then make us wait a month? I guess I'll have to practice some of that patience that I always say I have so much of lol. Great job though, I was quite captivated by it
    Dimensions@Gelidra: Ravensong Heights by Cailynn and The Crowned Stag by Pro Lucror

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Enjoyed your story! I like the idea of using your dimension to illustrate the idea, and the written story definitely adds context to the dimension, so they play together very well indeed.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread