+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rare Dimension Mystery Box (Affinty) Items on Live

Ral
    Rift Master

Default Rare Dimension Mystery Box (Affinty) Items on Live

Wanted to start a thread to see what people get from these boxes and what sources they draw from. I purchased one today and from it I received the following:

Karma Vault Door (Uncle Stan's Lure*)
    Cosmic Tree Bunch (Silver Tier Loyalty Locked Item - Soulbound)
    Daffodil Satyr's Hedge (Red Tier Loyalty Locked Item - Soulbound)
    Life Flower Ball (1000 planarite item)
    Lacy Gazebo (Summerfest Bundle Item)
    Guardian Centerpiece Statue (Guild Quest Box Reward)

I have Purple Tier Loyalty complete, working on Red Tier, so it appears these bypass the lock and grant access to higher loyalty items.

I also don't have access to Uncle Stan's Lure or anything related to it, so apparently this allows bypassed access to that source as well.

The Life Flower Ball is REALLY disappointing considering it is trivial to obtain, if I had not received 6 items and only 3 and that was one, I would have been pretty mad, so be warned. It may be that there is a source of just all epic or above items, which this really exposes that some items should not be considered rare in attainability just because they are epic as a quality level.

At any rate, I didn't think before I purchased some would be Soulbound, so if you do purchase be sure to do so on a character that wants them. I do understand the reason for them being soulbound, so I am not complaining, but it would be pretty bad to get two such loyalty items you already have access too and a planar item as your 3 and nothing else. Hopefully it draws from multiple independent nested tables to ensure it doesn't do to much of this.

Anyway, post if you find anything else interesting if you purchase some of these.

*based on a google search
    Last edited by Ral; 12-14-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: source of karma vault door

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I will be saving for mount so won't be able to contribute on live however we ran a few tests on the PTS for reference if you'd like to take a look:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-spoilers.html

The added value is the loyalty items and yes items will have the bound value they have originally in the game ie loyalty is soulbound. You will still find pre-3.0 items and the link includes info on the fishing rods and Atia.

Have fun!

EDIT: Placed an updated version in the Dimension Guides section to help current/future dimmers.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-14-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    Wanted to start a thread to see what people get from these boxes and what sources they draw from. I purchased one today and from it I received the following:

Karma Vault Door (Uncle Stan's Lure*)
    Cosmic Tree Bunch (Silver Tier Loyalty Locked Item - Soulbound)
    Daffodil Satyr's Hedge (Red Tier Loyalty Locked Item - Soulbound)
    Life Flower Ball (1000 planarite item)
    Lacy Gazebo (Summerfest Bundle Item)
    Guardian Centerpiece Statue (Guild Quest Box Reward)

I have Purple Tier Loyalty complete, working on Red Tier, so it appears these bypass the lock and grant access to higher loyalty items.

I also don't have access to Uncle Stan's Lure or anything related to it, so apparently this allows bypassed access to that source as well.

The Life Flower Ball is REALLY disappointing considering it is trivial to obtain, if I had not received 6 items and only 3 and that was one, I would have been pretty mad, so be warned. It may be that there is a source of just all epic or above items, which this really exposes that some items should not be considered rare in attainability just because they are epic as a quality level.

At any rate, I didn't think before I purchased some would be Soulbound, so if you do purchase be sure to do so on a character that wants them. I do understand the reason for them being soulbound, so I am not complaining, but it would be pretty bad to get two such loyalty items you already have access too and a planar item as your 3 and nothing else. Hopefully it draws from multiple independent nested tables to ensure it doesn't do to much of this.

Anyway, post if you find anything else interesting if you purchase some of these.

*based on a google search
    You are bringing up a good point that STILL needs to be addressed, and that is the re-classification of Dim items. No item that can be bought outright for Plat on the store or from a vendor (no matter what the cost) should be listed as anything other than common. Items requiring rep gains should be uncommon, and trophy items should be rare. Epic and Relic designations should be kept for items that can never be gotten on store.
    Similarly, items that cannot be found on a vendor should be uncommon or better. There were many desirable common items on Stans lure list than need to be "upgraded". Anything that is only from a grab bag or lure should NEVER be considered "common" in my opinion.
    I fear initially the color classification were set to denote perceived value - where it should represent availablitly
    Last edited by Zillaan; 12-14-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

I am surprised the life flower ball is in this bpx. The wording on the box is "contains some of the rarest and exotic of all the dimension items".

Just because an item is currently locked behind a barrier (planarite currency, loyalty tier, another mystery box) does not necessarily make it either rare or exotic. What may be considered by devs as rare because it costs x amount of planarite may quite likely be in the ah for 2p. Rare to me were some of the white items never seen before such as gloamwood roads, just as an example. Or, perhaps some building pieces from Meridan that have not been released before. THAT to me would be the rarest and exotic.

I know this must be a very difficult tightrope for the devs to balance on, but the value simply isn't determined by the colour level of the item or the way it can be sought. I think continued communication from builders will help, but the box is certainly not as prized as I thought it may be.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

Ral
    Rift Master

Update: Daffodil Satyr's Hedge is actually rare/blue and I mistakenly listed it as epic/purple. So it is not just epic+ items either.

I opened another box on my other patron account and it contained:
    Loggerman's Lift (Stan's Lure)
    End of the Universe Sky Projector (Silver Tier Loyalty - Soulbound)
    Gingham Bed (Red Tier Loyalty - Soulbound)

The bed is very plain looking, I always felt it was an odd item to place prestigiously at Red Tier loyalty, and it is odd to be considered exotic, but I suppose as it is part of the red tier set, it does qualify as rare.

So far it appears to possibly pull a Stan item, and two loyalty items, then possibly additional bonus items, however only two bags worth is clearly not even enough to assume a pattern.

I don't really have any interest in any of the mounts, esp as they are not account bound, and no other rewards from affinity interest me, so I will likely purchase more of these bags if nothing else of interest appears.
    Last edited by Ral; 12-14-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Default Rare and Exotic = Available at Walmart

Well - i opened my first one - and got...

Firepetal (Store item)
    Glowleaf Tree (Store item)
    Elven Wood Chair (Purple Tier that i got a long time ago)
    Gloamwood Sawmill (Orange tier that i have also opened)

I would like to ask the developers to justify how ANY Store items could be in this box, but past experience has taught me not to expect an answer. Also, as a person who is working myself through Red Tier at the moment, I am not happy to see items i have already unlocked in there. Admittedly, the Sawmill is a nice item, but certainly not rare for me.
    Basically - I got 4 items that i can buy for myself at any time with a click.
    Very disappointing.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

Ral
    Rift Master

This is what I feared; unfortunately, and not to unexpectedly, these boxes are very highly at the mercy of RNGesus.

The main issue comes from the fact that, like art, value and appeal are highly subjective.

To be fair the firepetal is a decently expensive store item, and the glowleaf tree very expensive, however the reality is that minions have made these far cheaper as I believe both, albeit rare, are possibly minion rewards.

While none of the items I got were that appealing to me, I would seem I received some exceptional returns and not necessarily the standard.

Thank you for the information. Knowing that this box is so similar to the other random boxes, discourages me from buying them for now.
    Perhaps these disappointments are due to the items not being labeled properly?
    The devs responsible for making the loot tables probably only see the "color" and have no idea these things have been on the store for years... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    This is what I feared; unfortunately, and not to unexpectedly, these boxes are very highly at the mercy of RNGesus.

The main issue comes from the fact that, like art, value and appeal are highly subjective.

To be fair the firepetal is a decently expensive store item, and the glowleaf tree very expensive, however the reality is that minions have made these far cheaper as I believe both, albeit rare, are possibly minion rewards.

While none of the items I got were that appealing to me, I would seem I received some exceptional returns and not necessarily the standard.
    You may have hit the nail on the head here.
    The addition of the minion system has changed the "rarity" of a lot of items, but the colour designation system has NOT kept up with those changes.
    Yes, both those items are minion drops, as my storage dims can attest to.
    But, EXPENSIVE does not make an item "rare" or "exotic"

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Thank you for the information. Knowing that this box is so similar to the other random boxes, discourages me from buying them for now.
    Perhaps these disappointments are due to the items not being labeled properly?
    The devs responsible for making the loot tables probably only see the "color" and have no idea these things have been on the store for years... ?
    I agree, as i stated above
    The colour designation system needs a serious re-vamp it the Devs are going to use it to set loot tables for bags. I know it is a lot of work, but loot bags should have their own loot table. What is the point in having 4 diff loot bags if the loot tables are basically the same.
    I am including Stan's Lure as a loot bag, and who knows what these other new fishing poles bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    I agree, as i stated above
    The colour designation system needs a serious re-vamp it the Devs are going to use it to set loot tables for bags.
    This!!!! says everything.
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

We can always change the rarity as needed on Dimension items, just need to get it into the schedule.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We can always change the rarity as needed on Dimension items, just need to get it into the schedule.
    any chance the items from boxes could be bta instead of soulbound? i dont mind the loyalty ones being soulbound as all my guys get them but i don't have all my dims on 1 character.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I nominate that you hire Ral to do this!
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

Bij

Default Opened my first two boxes today...

Well, I'm disappointed. I didn't think to research it first and check the forums. My first box contained:

Achyati Ogre tent (rare, unbound)
    Cosmic tree variant 2 (epic, bound)
    Plant heart (relic, unbound,secret lure)
    City torch post (uncommon, bound)
    Large shrine for large icons (rare, bound)
    Worldstrangler caterpillar (epic, unbound)

My second box contained:

Dragon wall adornment (epic, unbound, secret lure?)
    Large Thontic Icon (uncommon, bound)
    Snowy house with deck (rare, unbound)
    Sanctum house with arch (rare, unbound)
    Large vigil icon (uncommon, bound)

In particular, getting those houses which you practically cannot give away because they are so extremely common as well as unpopular (just check AH prices on them) left a sour taste in my mouth. (Personally, I dislike those houses because they aren't really houses. If you could go inside them, it'd be different. They might as well be rocks.) I just felt like it was not really "some of the rarest and exotic of all the dimension items!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast