+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By oochee
  • 1 Post By Amielle

Thread: LOCKING DIMENSION ITEMS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telaran

Default LOCKING DIMENSION ITEMS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent 3 days working on my winter dimension and just lost all my hard work. I know you need to becareful when moving and picking up items, but this is down right frustrating. Mind you this is the first time I have taken anytime to work on a dimension because I have problems get the idea from my head to the screen. I thought everything was going so well until this.
    I think for all the dim diva's and dudes would agree with feature.

Plane Walker

Isn't there a warning saying everything will go to the moving crate?

General of Telara

There definitely should be a confirmation dialog before an active key gets replaced. Though I don't really like it that just left-clicking an inactive key by accident already confronts you with a confirmation to destroy everything...

Anyway, is oochee even talking about that? Sounds more like accidental moving of a crucial element that makes the rest of his creation float somewhere...
    Unfortunately, item IDs of placed items don't persist between sessions, neither do you get a unique ID of the dimension you're in, so it's not possible to solve this with an addon either (other than just saving crucial parts as set and manually replacing the whole set)

There is a confirmation dialogue before switching the keys, it's just sometimes it's not enough. I did that once, it was a horrible experience, so much work just blown into the air because I was too sleepy to notice which dim I'm actually replacing. If not for dim items, there should definitely be a lock feature for keys you wouldn't want to replace unless 100% sure which would make you go to a special tab and uncheck this box before having the diaogue.

But I'm sure it's not what Oochee is talking about.
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's really frustrating when it happens. We all did that, some of us more than once, if it's any consolation. Don't let this typical dimmer mistake spoil your experience. Here's some tips for the future to make this less painful if it happens again.

-If it's a house you're placing down, try to fill at least one corner with items repeating the corner walls. This way if you pick the house up, you will have the corner to adjust it with when placing down again (a corner not a wall because 2 walls is always better than one;))
    -If you morphed, or made a complicated structure, or a building, just save it as a set once you've finished. It only takes a few seconds to select all the items it has and saving them, but in case you remove any of the essentials - you'll always be able to just place it all back in one click.
    -If you don't have lots and lots of essential key structures (houses of a certain scale\rotation, for example), it won't hurt to PrtScr the addon window with their key numbers (position, rotation, scale). If you pick a house up by accident, you'll be able to just throw it back, enter the numbers you need and see it returned to where it was.

*There is also a "load at original location" feature in the addon, but I haven't used it yet, so it's better if someone else who did tells you if it works properly. If it does, you'll only need to save the building or whatever as a set and then load it back to where it was.

Happy Holidays!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Default Lockit!

oochee was speaking of LOCKING items so they do not get accidently moved. I saw nothing about a moving crate.
    I whole heartedly agree with oochee, we definitely need a locking option on items placed. I've been nagging, err asking for some time.

Plane Touched

are you useing a mod to move multiple items? if so its not really intended to move mor then 1 item but you can try talking the the mod creator.
    Last edited by nessis; 12-15-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

How is it not intended when there's a Shift key to multiselect in the list\directly in the dim, and then move using 2 of the editor tools (XYZ and free move)? It works just the same way for taking items out.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Yes! A small lock like the one you have for your spell and toolbars! Right next to your dimension's name!

Agreed, although an undo option would also be nice. ;)

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

+ Reply to Thread