+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Request to a slight change in Stan's Super Secret Lure loot tables

Shadowlander

Default Request to a slight change in Stan's Super Secret Lure loot tables

It's taken me a while to get the lure (too long, but hey, I finally got it). The thing is, I got it after the loot tables had been "fixed" to include a lot of other stuff besides the cool dim items.

Okay, fine, getting some costume bundles, marks, crafting items, not so bad. I can live with that. Although, since I got my PoW factions maxed, the Faction Decrees are kinda a waste too, but hey, not for everyone so, okay, I'll live with that, too.

BUT...

When I get the recipe for Rare Atragarian Artifact Lure... a recipe I get WAY too often in the boxes I fish up (and that I usually just destroy because a) I can't sell to the merchant even though there is a price listed and b) it isn't worth the hassle of selling in the auction house), I get highly annoyed.

This is a recipe that anyone who's gotten Uncle Stan's Lure has already gotten (several times) just from the casts necessary to get the pole AND the lure!

I spent 10 plat for the materials to make the lure, only get THREE casts and the loot tables give me THAT? Something I can get from just plain old fishing?????????????

Please, please, please, please, please, take those recipes off Uncle Stan's Lure. It makes me want to beat up the merchant for my 10 plat back AND Uncle Stan for a bum lure.

I'll live with the fact that the lure isn't forking over the dim items like it used it (I wish you folks would increase the chances of dim items more though), but to get those lure recipes?!?!?! Ugh.
    Last edited by Haeljan; 11-03-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: fixed name of lure recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Haeljan View Post
    I spent 10 plat for the materials to make the lure, only get THREE casts and the loot tables give me THAT? Something I can get from just plain old fishing????????????? .
    well no one told you to spend plat, using the lure is pure Rng, you shouldn't complain about how you spend your last 5$ in a lottery ticket and didn't win anything, is just the same thing
    I've returned from the grave and yet we can't still have nice things on Rift

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Haeljan View Post
    When I get the recipe for Rare Atragarian Artifact Lure... a recipe I get WAY too often in the boxes I fish up (and that I usually just destroy because a) I can't sell to the merchant even though there is a price listed
    What listed price? The recipes I got from various treasure boxes never had any price, that's why you can't sell them.
    But I agree, that recipe shouldn't be in ANY loot table as you can get it from the fishing daily as often as you want already...

And don't forget the Recipe: Twisted Atragarian Lure, which seems to be just as annoying if I look through the stan's lure loot thread...

Yeah, took me a LONG time to realize the price listed was for the lure itself, not the recipe! I felt dumb.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    What listed price? The recipes I got from various treasure boxes never had any price, that's why you can't sell them.
    But I agree, that recipe shouldn't be in ANY loot table as you can get it from the fishing daily as often as you want already...

And don't forget the Recipe: Twisted Atragarian Lure, which seems to be just as annoying if I look through the stan's lure loot thread...
    The dropped lure recipes (the items that you memorize) from Plane of Water fishing have a merchant sale price listed on them. When you try to sell them to the merchant, you get an error message saying that the merchant doesn't want to buy that item.

There are other items in the game that the merchant isn't willing to buy, but they are easy to spot because they don't have a listed sale price. These recipes LIE. Either the text on them should be updated to reflect that the merchant isn't interested, or the tag that prevents them from being sold to the merchant should be removed from the item.

Getting the actual lures (not the recipes) from Uncle Stan's Lure isn't so bad. It's the actual recipe item that I wish would be taken off the Lure loot tables.
    Last edited by Haeljan; 11-03-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: fixed typo

General of Telara

I guess Narcise is right, you're reading the tooltip wrong.

There's two text boxes, the one for the recipe, and below the one for the item you can craft once you learned the recipe. If you're looking at the 1p 36g in the lower box, that's irrelevant, because that's the vendor price of a lure that you may craft, NOT the recipe.

As said, the recipe definitely has no vendor price for me, just checked again, hence you can't sell it. Nothing bugged about that, IMHO. Wonder how many recipes you vendored for 1s because you read the wrong part of the tooltip

The point is mostly the fact that these lure recipes are even IN the loot table in the first place. Which the OP (and myself included) thinks is absurd in and of itself.

That and a various other silly things that shouldn't be in the lootable in my opinion... like the common (white) minion cards you can get for free, etc.
    Serale@Faeblight

Oh lordy, will we never learn? Last time we complained about the trash items dropping from the Lure, the infamous patch in 3.3 happened. Stan's lure is finally dropping nice dim items again (at least the results thread suggests it is) and it's probably not a good idea to ask them to monkey with it again.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

We can take a look into removing the Rare Atragarian Artifact Lure and recipe from the Stan Lure tables.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We can take a look into removing the Rare Atragarian Artifact Lure and recipe from the Stan Lure tables.
    Thank you!

Can you look at also removing Time of Days from loot tables also? They are so many and very seldom work.

All items found in Minion loot tables are clutter among the Stans lure items it would be great to receive currency instead to spend on items needed in the store like you would crafting marks or void stones in other aspects of the game to stop the overflow of unwanted clutter.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-04-2015 at 04:10 PM.

^^ that avatar. Best autumn harvest avatar ever.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle View Post
    ^^ that avatar. Best autumn harvest avatar ever.
    Hah move over Pumpkins its Kiwi carving time....

Was the loot table changed to remove non-bound bundles?

Dare I ask, was the consideration of looking at the drop rate of the lure itself still on the agenda?

As much as I love looking at my Extreme Harvester climb skywards...I would love to finally get the lure.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

Quote Originally Posted by Qillyu View Post
    Was the loot table changed to remove non-bound bundles?
    were there ever non-bound bundles?

I've fished up dozens of them and never got any unbound.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast