+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Dimension Contest: Monster Mansions

Default Dimension Contest: Monster Mansions

Is Autumn Harvest your favorite holiday? Do you like a little fear with your fun? Some screams with your silliness? Then we have a contest just for you! Due to technical difficulties we were a little late getting started, but all the better for you because we loosened up the rules. Here's the scoop...

Show off your Haunted Houses, new or old. We are allowing previous builds so long as they have not won a previous contest and at least one monster morph has been made for this contest. We are also allowing (though not requiring) them to be open through the duration of the event so that you can participate in the tricks and treats. Time to dust off those old dims and revamp them for the season, or bring a whole new level of spookiness to Telara

Here are the rules:

-No copying of others builds, ideas or morphs

-Unlimited item count, and any is dim allowed

-There must be a building present. This can be a full build, just the outside if the grounds are the main feature, or it can be entirely only the inside of the building.

-You must have at least one monster morph (and it must be named, details below)

We have 2 separate divisions in the spirit of fairness. EU and NA are both eligible

Group A~ Non-previous Contest Winners:
    First Place - 3 REX
    Second Place - 2 REX

Group B~ Previous Contest Winners:
    First Place - 3 REX
    Second Place - 2 REX

Other prizes will be announced closer to judging

How to Enter:
    Submit your entry in this post below on or before the deadline in this format:

Character Name:
    Dimension Name:
    Shard:
    Group:
    Named Monster Morph: (This can be added later)
    Brief Description of the Dimension/House:
    New or Previous Build

Example Entry:
    Character Name: Azrough@Laethys
    Dimension Name: Village of the Dead
    Shard: Laethys
    Group: B
    Named Monster Morph: Bertha, Bruceh's Wifu (Inside joke, X3) Name of morph and small description or clue about your morph.
    Brief Description of the Dimension/House: What was once a scared ground for the Fae, has been ravished by the dead. They have erected their ghastly city on what was once a beautiful lake. now dead and destruction is all that is left in the wake of Bertha's destruction. Also, beware of the Nicos.... they are weird....
    This is a previous build.

The Start time is Now! The Deadline for entries and for dimensions to be opened for judging is the end of Autumn Harvest (Which they keep changing, but last I read was Friday Nov, 13th) EU gets an extra day for fairness. We will be taking one week to judge.

Judging will be done based off a point system listed below:

5 points - Originality
    5 points - Tidiness of the build
    5 points - Spookiness Factor
    5 points - Fun Factor
    10 points - Named Monster Morph
    = 30 points from each judge

Azrough@Laethys is officially running this contest, but due to those previously mentioned technical difficulties, I am posting to get the show on the road.

Pinkmink@Faeblight and Badauss@Faeblight love monsters, Halloween and kookiness so much they have also agreed to be judges.

Let the Gnashing of Teeth and Moans and Groans begin.....

**** Udpate to include actual end time**** Contest Ends today at 3:30 pm Server Time on NA shards, 11:30 pm on EU shards. No more entries will be accepted after those times. Good Luck Everyone!!
    Last edited by Fallingdown; 11-13-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Confusing "Time" is an abstract concept stuff

Thumbs up Awesome

This is going to be awesome! Looking forward to touring what you all come up with. Good luck in the competition, and have fun!
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

What exactly is a named monster morph?

A monster, that you have made yourself and given a name to. Backstory not required, but more fun
    Last edited by Fallingdown; 10-22-2015 at 10:50 PM.

An example of a named monster morph is mentioned in the example. Basically a monster that is the main focus of your build. Just want a morph that you have given a name for. X3, Hope that helps haha
    Azrough@Laethys
    Current Open Dimensions: Az's Garden, Village of the Dead, Japanese Cultural Festival, The Pseodosphere

It will be fabulous to see some creepy entries!

Congrats on your new comp!

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Very bootiful. Have fun everyone! Read everything clearly, ask all the questions and be nice at the end or a ghost gunna slap you with a zombie!

You rock Azrough!

Character Name: Nymeriias@wolfsbane
    Dimension Name: Darkness falls
    Shard: wolfsbane
    Group: A
    Named Monster Morph: Poe and Seymour.
    Brief Description of the Dimension/House: Mad scientist. While Nym has been on her travels it seems something has broke in her mind. She must learn what makes things tic. She has a lair (hidden in the sky-hint-) that she practices reanimating objects and her latest is to make a pumpkin a real life boy. Or so she thinks anyways. Many things are amiss in this place. Perhaps you can also try your hand in landing in Seymour's mouth. He is always hungry for treats.
    New or Previous Build. New

Hope i did this right. 1st timer here. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
    Nym
    Last edited by nymerias; 10-23-2015 at 01:21 PM.

You want me to what!

Plane Walker

Default Shamble Pond

Char name: Missyshamble
    Dimension Name Shamble Pond
    Shard: Wolfsbane
    Monster: Shamble
    Brief Description: Shamble ramble

Group A: never had Shamble Pond in any contest.

Some is new, other buildings and grounds are 1 & 2 years old.. Its an on-going project..
    Last edited by Missyshamble; 10-23-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: needed mroe info.

Quote Originally Posted by nymerias View Post
    Hope i did this right. 1st timer here. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
    Nym
    You did, thank you for your entry!! X3
    Azrough@Laethys
    Current Open Dimensions: Az's Garden, Village of the Dead, Japanese Cultural Festival, The Pseodosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Missyshamble View Post
    Char name: Missyshamble
    Dimension Name Shamble Pond
    Shard: Wolfsbane
    Monster: Shamble
    Brief Description: Shamble ramble
    Can you please let us know if you are in group A or B? And if this is a new or old build please. Other than that, thank you for your entry!!
    Azrough@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You rock Azrough!
    Haha, thank you Kiwi!! Pink may have said this is my contest, but she deffinately helped out with the planning, and we wouldn't have this contest if it wasn't for her!!!
    Azrough@Laethys

Soulwalker

Red face

ok what if i made alot spooky dimensionS for my own contest?
    I'll post detail this weekend on a few forums but oct, 31th i do an "evils stuffed dolls hunt" event in my dimensionS.

Do the evils stuffed dolls count as monsters?

Can i post a dimension that need to clic on a pvp(teleport) like my guild dimension i hidden a pvp flag under a werewolf corpse to teleport outside normal dimension build limit where i made a spooky dark foggy forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Astiana View Post
    ok what if i made alot spooky dimensionS for my own contest?
    I'll post detail this weekend on a few forums but oct, 31th i do an "evils stuffed dolls hunt" event in my dimensionS.

Do the evils stuffed dolls count as monsters?

Can i post a dimension that need to clic on a pvp(teleport) like my guild dimension i hidden a pvp flag under a werewolf corpse to teleport outside normal dimension build limit where i made a spooky dark foggy forest.
    If the Evil Stuffed Dolls are ones you make yourself,and at least one of them has a name, and there is a haunted house involved, then the answer is yes

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Azrough View Post
    Haha, thank you Kiwi!! Pink may have said this is my contest, but she deffinately helped out with the planning, and we wouldn't have this contest if it wasn't for her!!!
    You know after talking with you about it then checking forums I didn't click 1+1 Fallingdown = Pink. Yup slow mode. Forgive my clumsiness. All three of you rock

Have fun everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast