+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree1264Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Official Ongoing Dimension Request List

Rift Chaser

Default New Requests

I would love to see some unique Dimensions that are not a copy paste of a area in the game ..also increase limits , my anywhere has 2000 and to me i would need 4000 to realize my complete vision for the zone . I could easy use 500+ lightning effects in the Carnival area alone..

I loved the idea of the Anywhere dim being completely empty , making what you create your and yours alone , but what if you could change the landscape completely , maybe the ability to build hills or windswept grass valleys , mountains with paths you create , being able to really create a dimension from the ground up would be awesome...

Thanks
    lukain
    Last edited by lukain; 11-02-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Not sure if it was mentioned and I missed it, but perhaps we could also have;

Furniture.
    - Children's toys, i.e more teddy bears, and dolls.
    - Easels, i.e with a canvas, and without.
    - Dressers and wardrobes.
    - Mirrors! i.e Stand up mirrors, wall mirrors and hand mirrors. (and in varying shapes, perhaps?).
    - More signs. i.e wall signs with varying profession icons, and stand signs.
    - More clotheslines. i.e clothesline that detail high-class, and middle-class? (since we already have low, I think.)
    - Decorative blankets. i.e ones that hang over the sides, or spread across the beds.
    - Smaller food palettes. i.e meat and peas, mashed potato on a small plate. Or cheese, with vegetables?
    - Birdcages, birdbaths? (unless there scattered about and I haven't seen them, if so I'll definitely edit this.)
    - Ovens! (you've recently brought out the fortune cookie oven, may we also see other styles?)
    - Decorative placeable table cloths. i.e varying colours and embellishments that we can place ourselves (instead of relying on pre-made tables with them.)
    - Varying curtain styles, and colours. i.e left sided wall curtain, right sided wall curtain, etc.
    - Varying flowers. i.e a single rose, or a a bunch of flowers without a vase.
    - Table, floor, and garden lanterns/lights. i.e small curved iron lanterns planted into garden, and the carry lanterns, lit and unlit.

Building Blocks.
    - Smaller indoor walls. i.e half-walls. (instead of having to resize the ones we already have, as of most times the wall comes out very awkward looking with too much fidgeting.)

NPC's.
    - CATS!!!!!
    - Small birds. i.e sitting on stones or branches?

Along with everything else mentioned, I would love to most of the list implemented.
    Some really great items from player suggestions!

Thank you, Morticus!
    Last edited by Fat Panda; 11-02-2015 at 11:36 PM. Reason: More things I'd like to ask, and spelling correction.

Default Placed Items

May we please have a lock applied to placed items??? I've moved my house by accident too many times trying to adjust decorations.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Panda View Post
    NPC's - CATS!!!!!
    Hi you have some cool ideas though "traditionally" dimensions & dimension items need to be in the actual game so if you see things you mention take a screenshot and post where with it! I quoted the traditionally bit because anything can happen!

Just wondered also if you know their are cat npc's? Sanctum: (Vendor name: Key Whee) and Meridian (Vendor name: Dee Vah)
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-03-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Dimension dimensions

Yes, you read that right

I've started a huge project using Toolbox and have been dismayed to realize that 0,0,0 most certainly isn't the center of the dimension (not Anywhere, at least). Furthermore, there's no way to know where the edges are numerically.

So let's say I'm building a castle (easy example). I want to have the outer curtain walls as a huge square, taking up as much of the dimension as possible to maximize my internal space. It SEEMS that the only way to do that right now is to drop an item at one edge and another at the opposite-ish side and run the math for the intervening space. It's kinda a nightmare. Especially for a dimension that has a preexisting layout that's crooked numerically.

The game's already got a coordinate system and a map coded; why not extend that into the dimensions? That way you could quickly and conveniently see where your edges are and how much space is between them.

And while you're at it, why NOT just rotate those crooked dimensions slightly? Is there a real reason to make them off-kilter?

Soulwalker

Default roaming cats

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hi you have some cool ideas though "traditionally" dimensions & dimension items need to be in the actual game so if you see things you mention take a screenshot and post where with it! I quoted the traditionally bit because anything can happen!

Just wondered also if you know their are cat npc's? Sanctum: (Vendor name: Key Whee) and Meridian (Vendor name: Dee Vah)
    A) yes, you can get stationary cats

B) I think it'd be cool to have cats that roam around. Just off the top of my head, I'd handle this as a "set" wander for the cat- for instance a cat that walks around in a circle, and the "object" is actually a big disc, with everything but the cat being transparent. That'd avoid all the messy object collision stuff.
    You could do the same for patrolling guards

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCanoe View Post
    A) yes, you can get stationary cats

B) I think it'd be cool to have cats that roam around. Just off the top of my head, I'd handle this as a "set" wander for the cat- for instance a cat that walks around in a circle, and the "object" is actually a big disc, with everything but the cat being transparent. That'd avoid all the messy object collision stuff.
    You could do the same for patrolling guards
    You right click the cats while they are in your bags to choose wether you want them to be stationary or not and they move around. The Defiant & Guardians guards can be "friendly" or used as parsers.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-03-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Flowing water

I'd REALLY like to see a dimension object that lets me make a stream. The waterfalls are too white and splashy, and even the pouring water is just too ornery to make a believable stream.

It'd also be nice to have a dimension that's just a big sheet of rushing water, so you could make a dimension using the ship items that feels like they're under sail and rapidly moving somewhere

Dirt please!

Also, it would be cool if you could set the range on the projectors to allow multiple to be used in a dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Corpse piles! Like in gloamwood!

And...hum.... *cough cough* a mail, an auctioneer (even overpriced i think we would all spend de credit)*

Oh and did I mention a heat wave effect? Like the one we can see above lava?
    *Lava of course!
    Last edited by Amielle; 11-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Okay, thank you Kiwi.
    And no, I didn't know of the vendors, so thanks again.

Additionally, I meant both roaming cats, for example even the Stinky Cat that roams Meridian, and a stationary one, yes.
    Last edited by Fat Panda; 11-03-2015 at 03:07 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Panda View Post
    Okay, thank you Kiwi.
    And no, I didn't know of the vendors, so thanks again.

Additionally, I meant both roaming cats, for example even the Stinky Cat that roams Meridian, and a stationary one, yes.
    Stinky is the BAWS of Meridian everyone knows it. Asked DEV Krug for him in an old post who awesomely put these in the game and it could be possible if we get additional cats added to vendor. In current collection I love the Mathosian cat most, smooshy face

*Put on a strike* -We WANT stinky!-

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

My ideas basically pull from couple of other games Ive played over the years that had player housing and really stood out as great additions to the games.

1) Editable signs for houses and roadways. When a player hovers over the sign it shows the message locked into the sign. "Welcome to Deception" "Can You Find the 8 Missing Dolls?" "500 Miles to Armageddon". Its a great tool that allows people to more personalize the dimension and add short messages to promote contests or events. In Ultima Online players could edit the signs hanging off their houses.

2) Editable books. In Ultima Online players literally wrote short novels that other players could read in game. Oftentimes houses were decorated with a theme and the books explained the story behind the theme.

3) Porticulums in dimensions that allow a player to connect different dimensions together. EverQuest 2 has portals players can place in houses that basically do this. Maybe I have a Halloween dimension and the Porticulum in it leads to a Christmas dimension next. Or maybe my dimension shows the ravages of a war and the story continues as you go from one dimension to the next. This idea also somewhat helps with the item limits in dimensions since now you can have visitors directed to specific dimensions that you have set up that continue whatever theme you have going.

4) We have artifacts and now we have wardrobe collections. Now we need Trophy Collections. In EverQuest 2 raid bosses dropped statues or their heads as trophies that could be placed in housing. You could visit guild dimensions and see statues all over representing different raids or busts sitting on large pedestals. Since this is Rift, and we love collections, Trion should do it for all bosses in dungeons and raids. Collect the sets just like collecting artifact sets now.

5) More purposeful items that can be used out in the world or placed in dimensions. Trion has dabbled in this a bit, but why cant we do a saga quest line where the reward is a awesome weapon or piece of armor that can be used or turned into a trophy that can be placed on a wall in a dimension. Once again, this is what EQ2 did with Heritage quests. When you hover over the item in a dimension the name of the item is displayed. Its another way to collect things that show your accomplishments in game.

6) The daily quest in Shal Korva has you race around the town. At certain points you run to the small purple circles that jump you to another location to continue the race. Give us the ability to add that to dimensions.

I think that's it for the moment.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 11-03-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Soulwalker

Default my dimension wish list to holy Santa Morticus

-more or other lighting effects and more colours.
    -more animals (cows, goats, horses, birds) in the air, water, land
    -coloured building blocks (yellow, pink, real black, real white...)
    -more possibilities to size a block bigger or smaller
    -more dims without too much sourounding like anywhere/nowhere
    -no more character names over npcs... the green letters are disturbing!

And - for me the most important wish:
    I want to use a dimension key more than only one time! I don't want to build with a twink or twink name. I want all my dimensions to be Arashna's and not any twink of Arashna.
    Last edited by Arashna; 11-04-2015 at 11:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast