+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Sequaria

Thread: Dimension Vault System

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Vault System

Hi all, this is my first post here. This is an idea I have had for a while now but haven't quite worked everything out yet.

I would like to propose a dimension vault system.

It can only be accessible through the owner's dimension, holds only dimension items, and can be upgraded the same as our bank vaults. I figured the first tab can be a freebee to people, but that the next tab(s) can be purchased by plat or credits. I also was thinking that the vault would be shared across the character's dimensions.

This would be an item that is mandatory in the dimension, perhaps it would look like the door of an actual vault (so that it does not take too much space) but is not resizable (similar to planar stations).

As to the size of tabs I am unsure as to what would be best or what the devs would prefer.

I feel that this would be a great addition to dimensioneering as it would allow people to be able to keep all dimension items in one place, and keep their banks clear of dimension clutter. This can also remove the possible need of teleporting back and forth between dimensions and between dimension and bank.

Another aspect of this idea is that it can provide a new plat sink. Each tab expansion can be at increasing cost, the first couple being cheep, but the rest rising in price similar to how upgrading dimension item limit increases.

So, this is really the general idea, I would love to know your opinion on this!
    Last edited by Sequaria; 09-03-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Very good idea to separate dimension items from other items. Eight bags in my bank, four bags with me, and a guild bank too - it's hard enough to find what you want fast in all these places.
    More money to Trion, more order in our bags and vaults.

Similar to EQ2 house vaults, but there it is a vault you fill with bags and can store anything in those bags, including housing items. However, it costs nothing extra for the players. . Wouldn't that be nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Valzen View Post
    it costs nothing extra for the players. . Wouldn't that be nice?
    It would be nice. But it's not about Rift. It's not a big problem to pay for these vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaphiel View Post
    It would be nice. But it's not about Rift. It's not a big problem to pay for these vaults.
    Agreed, but it depends on how much to pay. ;)

Soulwalker

I am just not sure how large the tabs should be, and if it gets implemented it is more the devs choice than anyone else. I would prefer the tabs to be along the lines of the guild bank vault rather than the size of our personal bank tabs.

It would be great to allow the first tab to be free, and then perhaps 100 plat for the second and increasing more from there. Something close maybe to the cost of the dimension item limit upgrades.

I had something written out for this a year ago for a system but sadly lost the paper
    ~Dimensions on Greybriar~
    ~Night Haven (Moonshade Pools)~and~Faen's Retreat~

I'd prefer something similar to GW2 where you could "collect" crafting mats into a collection with a maximum stack per material and you could access it at anytime on any of your character.
    If we could get that for dimension items it would be much better.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

Personally, I do not do dimensions on multiple characters. I only do so on my main character, and store the items in my bank and in my unused dimensions. The concern I feel would be more to have a storage space that is up-gradable and accessible between a single character's dimensions. With what you explained from GW2 it sounds like something along the lines of how the moving crate works, where it is accessible at any point in the dimension. It provides freedom, but my concern is if it is something too free for Trion to choose to utilize. Could you maybe further explain the system so we can have a better grasp on how it works?

It would be nice to create a system that can appeal to both user and dev alike in order to get it implemented.
    ~Dimensions on Greybriar~
    ~Night Haven (Moonshade Pools)~and~Faen's Retreat~

It would be great to be able to sort your dimension items in these vaults by categories - Interactive, Building Blocks etc.
    As for the size of these vaults: make them similar to the bank vaults.

AW MAW GHAWD! yes!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Similar suggestions were put forward especially after minions flooded bags. The result was the Bank Vault currently in game and now the Share Vault to transfer items /use. There has also been hope for a wardrobe system for dimensions to save stocking/carrying all these items but so far it is not on the cards so don't be disheartened if nothing is said knowing these convo's took place.

I agree we still need more love to save spending so much time sorting/storing/finding so we can build.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-03-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sequaria View Post
    Personally, I do not do dimensions on multiple characters. I only do so on my main character, and store the items in my bank and in my unused dimensions. The concern I feel would be more to have a storage space that is up-gradable and accessible between a single character's dimensions. With what you explained from GW2 it sounds like something along the lines of how the moving crate works, where it is accessible at any point in the dimension. It provides freedom, but my concern is if it is something too free for Trion to choose to utilize. Could you maybe further explain the system so we can have a better grasp on how it works?

It would be nice to create a system that can appeal to both user and dev alike in order to get it implemented.
    Here's a picture from Guild Wars 2 crafting bank to give an idea of what it looks like.

Basically, see it like the wardrobe system in Rift. You have a list of every dimension items that exists in the game that can be collected. But instead of a 1 time collect, you basically collect them up to a stack of 99 at which point more than 99 cannot be collected in the dimension items bank.
    Those dimension items can be added in or out of the bank at will and is accessible on every characters on your account (shard based or cluster based if possible).
    This way, we would be able to stash up to 99 of each dimension items without the need of a bank alt just to keep all of them and they will be accessible from any character and from anywhere (or only at a dimension item bank NPC or inside a dimension or however the option would be to access such a bank).
    Not only that, but we would also be able to see EVERY dimension items we haven't collected and we could find dimension items we didn't even know existed and preview them from that bank by checking a box to show all uncollected dimension items like for wardrobes.

Unfortunately, like Kiwi said, this is most likely not on the devs plate for now and making such a system is more complicated than just copy pasting the wardrobe or artifact system since we are talking about collecting something that can be added or removed as well as stacked rather than just a one time collect.
    Last edited by Snap; 09-03-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread