+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Contest: Built a Train station and a Train for the Telara Rail road.

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara Aeryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default Contest: Built a Train station and a Train for the Telara Rail road.

    I have one code for a 4th anniversary Arclight Rider to offer, so i think it's a good occasion for a dimension contest.

    Objective:
    -Built a Train station and something around the train station (because a train station witch have nothing around it is useless) AND a new train in the station.

    Rules:
    -Must built in one of thoses dimensions:
    Everywhere, Anywhere, The black Garden, Mathosian Cascades, Endless eclipse, Edge of infinity or Tempest island.
    -Must be sized like the Telara rail road. (Pirate staircase at max scale for the larger of rail; about 1.3 time a Pole building block at max scale for height, and Long as a wedding rug at max scale for the platform (the train could be longer but doors of the train must be accessible from the platform).
    -Every items allowed

    How to entry?

    Submit your entry in this post in this format:

    Dimension Name:
    Owner:
    Shard:
    Short description:

    Deadline:

    16th october 2015


    Prize:
    -4th anniversary Arclight Rider code for the winner (if there is more than 10 entries)
    -Possibility to get your train reused in the Telara rail road for the best one (must be exported with Dimension Tools and post the file with your submission)


    Jury and judging:
    -Only me for the moment in the jury (if someone want to be in the jury, send me a private message)
    -Judging will be on 40 points.
    10 points for the train
    10 points ofr the train station
    10 points for what you built around the train station
    10 for the global dimension.
    -Dimension must be open after october 16th or you will be disqualified.

    Will annonce winner just after judging all entries (in november at least, will depends on the numbers of entries).
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    154

    Default

    First off, I have seen a couple contests, but I have never actually participated in one and I must say I really do like your idea. I have a question though, does the inside of the train have to be accessible, or is it done for the looks on the outside? Or could it be either way?

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Aeryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxiia View Post
    First off, I have seen a couple contests, but I have never actually participated in one and I must say I really do like your idea. I have a question though, does the inside of the train have to be accessible, or is it done for the looks on the outside? Or could it be either way?
    Inside the train must be accessible.

    You could take example on my dimension on brisesol.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser polynomia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    325

    Default

    After looking at http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rail-road.html this contest makes a bit more sense, I now understand now that you have a thing with trains

    A lot of people though, are not comfortable just giving away their entire dimension, at least not without some sort of credit for it. Have you considered naming the train station after the winner? I think that would make a few more people join the contest

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    After looking at http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rail-road.html this contest makes a bit more sense, I now understand now that you have a thing with trains

    A lot of people though, are not comfortable just giving away their entire dimension, at least not without some sort of credit for it. Have you considered naming the train station after the winner? I think that would make a few more people join the contest
    Reading the OP a few times I take it to mean only the train (unless the OP ment trainstation and train in which case it would be the whole dim). And I assume only if you want to. But that's not sure. I read both possibility to get your train reused (who gets to decide, well Aeryle ofcourse as he has to like it enough to use in his dim (as stated by the best one, which might not be the contest winner then. And there won't be a winner with less then 10 entries?). But is it also up to the maker to decide to allow it?
    And are you obligated to put the train export in the entry to be allowed to join, or is that just if you wish to have your train possibly be used if it turns out to be the best one or liked enough?
    I so then if you want to that would mean providing Aeryle with the dimension tool export so Aeryle can place it in the station he build himself with the other trains he made/choose. Or allow someone else to export and post it if you don't use toolbox.

    Would need Aeryle to confirm or disprove this as it can be taken in a few ways.
    Last edited by Serathe; 08-14-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Aeryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    A lot of people though, are not comfortable just giving away their entire dimension, at least not without some sort of credit for it. Have you considered naming the train station after the winner? I think that would make a few more people join the contest
    That's a possibility.

    I've limited the contest to only a few dimension witch are not on a fixed place on the world map in order to be able to put all entries on a Telara Rail road map.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    Reading the OP a few times I take it to mean only the train (unless the OP ment trainstation and train in which case it would be the whole dim). And I assume only if you want to. But that's not sure. I read both possibility to get your train reused (who gets to decide, well Aeryle ofcourse as he has to like it enough to use in his dim (as stated by the best one, which might not be the contest winner then. And there won't be a winner with less then 10 entries?). But is it also up to the maker to decide to allow it?
    And are you obligated to put the train export in the entry to be allowed to join, or is that just if you wish to have your train possibly be used if it turns out to be the best one or liked enough?
    I so then if you want to that would mean providing Aeryle with the dimension tool export so Aeryle can place it in the station he build himself with the other trains he made/choose. Or allow someone else to export and post it if you don't use toolbox.

    Would need Aeryle to confirm or disprove this as it can be taken in a few ways.

    It's not an obligation to make the train exportable. It's only for people who want to share what they create and want their train be totally integrated in the Telara rail Road.

    And it's of course only the train, not the entire dimension. I don't want to copy paste a whole dimension.
    The train is the only thing that can move, so it's the only element that could be moved from one dimension to an other.

    There will be a winner if there is less than 10 entries but the price won't be a 4th anniversary arclight in this case.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser polynomia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post

    There will be a winner if there is less than 10 entries but the price won't be a 4th anniversary arclight in this case.
    What will the prize be if you don't have 10 entries?

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Aeryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    What will the prize be if you don't have 10 entries?
    Maybe a new dimension box. In the case there won't be 10 entries or more, the prize will depends on the quality of the entries ans the number of them.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Arwhen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Small questions: Is there a limitation of objects? Are there has proscribed dimensions?

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post

    Rules:
    -Must built in one of thoses dimensions:
    Everywhere, Anywhere, The black Garden, Mathosian Cascades, Endless eclipse, Edge of infinity or Tempest island.
    -Must be sized like the Telara rail road. (Pirate staircase at max scale for the larger of rail; about 1.3 time a Pole building block at max scale for height, and Long as a wedding rug at max scale for the platform (the train could be longer but doors of the train must be accessible from the platform).
    -Every items allowed
    This should answer your question :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Arwhen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    In fact, I had seen. I just wanted to go up the post in discution wire. I do not understand why it is not displayed sticky like any other contest

  12. #12
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Nouvae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Nice contest idea, good luck with it and have fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    In fact, I had seen. I just wanted to go up the post in discution wire. I do not understand why it is not displayed sticky like any other contest
    Aeryle may need to contact a forum moderator to have the post stickied.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    24

    Default My train

    Like some others, I already built a train with trainstation. It was for a contest from "Dimensiontouring" in spring (Get up and go - vehicles).
    If you want to add this in your programm, please have a look on "DesertSteampunkRailwayStation" on Brutwacht.

    For sure, I will not participate this contest with my dim, but if somebody wants just to visit or wants to have an inspiration - you are always wellcome!

    VBR Arashna

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Arwhen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    When I saw the contest theme of Aeryle, I said to myself: Not for me. And then, slowly, the idea has crept into me and I figured: Why not? So I threw myself, I'm hooked, there is a lot of fun and finally I'm happy with the result. I will be the first to list my dimension to the contest of Aeryle, hoping to be followed by many others.

    Dimension name : Go West
    Owner : Arwhen
    Shard : Brisesol EU
    Description : Rails getting lost in the horizon, a train station and a small town lost in the Rockies ....

  15. #15
    Champion NightShift1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Please contact me in game via odintia@greybriar , I wish I had time to be a part of this yet juggling five dims and one collaboration build . Yet I would like to offer you my train from the trasportation museum to copy and do as you wish with.


    Odintia
    Last edited by NightShift1; 09-26-2015 at 04:17 AM.
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

    It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts