+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to my right hand, man?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Default What happened to my right hand, man?

Up until patch 3.3, my right hand was magnificent. It had an eye in it's palm and a really cool, neat effect of glowing light around the wrist. I've spent a lot of plat on purchasing my right hands and have used them in 3 builds to good effect.

I've spent that time and plat because of their coolness and had planned to use them in future builds ... until patch 3.3, whereupon my right hand lost it's luster.

Now, I do understand the need for the hand that's left; some jobs just require both hands. I appreciate the variants, those poor broken things. I've broken enough of my own hands to feel sympathy for them. Introducing a left hand is a brilliant idea and, while it is more boring without the eye, at least the left hand can't see what the right hand is doing.

I am upset, I don't like having my builds altered like that, especially so long after the introduction of that item with patch 3.0. It seems disrespectful to your players to just switch an item's appearance so willy-nilly, a rather underhanded move. Why not use a second ID for the matching right hand and leave us our special achievement nightmare hand with it's glow and it's vision.

I request, nay, I insist, that the right hand be restored to it's former glory, a second hand image for us hard working dimensioneers, for you know what they say, "An eye in the hand is worth two in the head".

Now, my fine fellows of the forum, put your right hand up if you agree.
    Last edited by Tamarama; 07-19-2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Adding more puns and punctuation.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

YES!! The hand was a vital part of my newest dimension and now it's nearly useless for what I originally intended. Please bring back the old hand!

I Rift, therefore I am.

Prophet of Telara

Another item for the list of either unintended or undocumented changes with 3.3...

1) Missing temple in temple of the abandoned
    2) missing solidity of big parts of ground in vengeful sky
    3) changes to the nightmare hand that was ingame before 3.3

Morticus, I have reported 2 of those bugs myself and I feel a bit ignored because I can't find any posts addressing these bugs or changes. Any word on that?
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Another item for the list of either unintended or undocumented changes with 3.3...

1) Missing temple in temple of the abandoned
    2) missing solidity of big parts of ground in vengeful sky
    3) changes to the nightmare hand that was ingame before 3.3

Morticus, I have reported 2 of those bugs myself and I feel a bit ignored because I can't find any posts addressing these bugs or changes. Any word on that?
    Its on your login screen in game in yellow font.

I would say the server/engine issues have taken priority which were addressed by Snedhepl

Ocho also addressed Dimensions and our fix will come separately to ones already experienced.

So hopefully Wednesday (fingers crossed.)

As for the right hand. Left hand got introduced in new wonder boxes and might just be a glitch so I wouldn't panic just yet with everything else going on but letting the powers that be know is always a good thing.

Another 3.3 Dimension issue:

New items in Cosmic Wonder Boxes aren't under Dimensions on AH
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-20-2015 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Added another 3.3 issue

Soulwalker

I mean we did say we would give our right arm for new items.nothing about our right hand )

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Its on your login screen in game in yellow font.

I would say the server/engine issues have taken priority which were addressed by Snedhepl

Ocho also addressed Dimensions and our fix will come separately to ones already experienced.

So hopefully Wednesday (fingers crossed.)

As for the right hand. Left hand got introduced in new wonder boxes and might just be a glitch so I wouldn't panic just yet with everything else going on but letting the powers that be know is always a good thing.

Another 3.3 Dimension issue:

New items in Cosmic Wonder Boxes aren't under Dimensions on AH
    Uhm, no.. everything addresses empty dimensions (read: all items are missing), not missing structure in otherwise totally fine dimensions.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ktar12 View Post
    I mean we did say we would give our right arm for new items.nothing about our right hand )
    Lol.

Ye I was shown this last night in Phexlars dimension then looked at my own - the right hand has become the left hand. The right hand no longer exists even though it still says Nightmare Right Hand so somehow the new Left Hand in Cosmic Wonder Box has over written it...

General of Telara

Wait..I know there were new "Hands" added, and I was stoked, even without the eye. But are you saying the original Nightmare hand with the eye is gone? If so, this irks me. I bought so many of those because of the Eye on the hand.

Hope its another bug, and we get the eye back.
    Last edited by swordkata; 07-20-2015 at 07:17 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

I don't recall us removing anything, so if your Dimension item is gone there might be a bug here. We did in fact add in the other Nightmare Rift assets though.

Please help me understand the problem, exactly.

"...but hidden in his coat is a stolen right hand...."

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I don't recall us removing anything, so if your Dimension item is gone there might be a bug here. We did in fact add in the other Nightmare Rift assets though.

The original Nightmare hand had an eye in the palm and a cool white glow/aura. It no longer has each. Please fix it, thank you.

If you take away that one with the eye and glow at least give us one with a gold ring and call it "The Hand Of The King"

I Rift, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

Mort, the reward from artifact set "The Fourth Nightmare", the Nightmare Rift Seeing Hand, has had it's graphics, name and effects (the eye in the palm and the white glowing ground pattern) replaced by the graphics, name and lack of effects of the nightmare hand right.

It's like they've taken the ID number of the Nightmare Rift Seeing Hand and overwritten the associated information with the data for the Nightmare Hand Right.

All the Nightmare Rift Seeing Hands in my bank and in my dimensions, from before patch 3.3, have changed to the Nightmare Right Hand.

(As an aside, the Nightmare Left Hand is actually a right hand and the Nightmare Right hand is actually a left hand. Doesn't bother me but it's hilarious and possibly embarrassing for Trion, if it becomes widely known they can't tell their left hand from their right )

I do hope that's a handy explanation and that something can be done to correct this anatomical error.
    Last edited by Tamarama; 07-23-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling mistakes.

General of Telara

Bump to remind Mort of this issue.

I'd like to know what's happening here. Any hope of getting our old hand graphics back or are they gone for good? Should we give up hope now?

I know a little matter like this isn't a top priority but I would like to know if we do have a hope of getting it fixed eventually in the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast