+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sunny Day Sky Projector

Default Sunny Day Sky Projector

I'm very disheartened that the Sunny Day Sky Projector has a day and night cycle. I have so many problems with Time of Day items flickering on and off (and I run on high or ultra so it's not on my end) and so I had thought this would make the sky sunny all of the time.

/sigh

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

I think a version with permanent day would work for his needs. But I was shocked when I made the videos on the pts that they had day night cycles just because of the names.

I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE spring day the way it is. Though I do totally understand what and why Mirt is sad

I actually was very pleasantly surprised to see they have day and night cycles. Have you seen the sunsets?! They are amazing. Best in game, especially for the spring day projector.

Yeah if it's called sunny day projector, it should be sunny day all the time. It was logical to assume that since they were making a separate night sky projector.

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirt View Post
    Yeah if it's called sunny day projector, it should be sunny day all the time. It was logical to assume that since they were making a separate night sky projector.
    That logic cannot be argued with.

I know why you're sad and I can totally understand it. But personally I love that they actually have the day\night cycle. I've seen the previews and the sunrise\sunset is just perfect, and think of the good sides to it - you actually have a natural sky projector, and with every new day\night hour it brings out more light and color features, than it would if it was just one time of day. Think of all the beautiful things you can build and enjoy how they look in the sunshine and with sun setting down and giving these beautiful golden shades to every detail of your build, changing one beautiful view to another. I'm sure you'd enjoy it once you have a complete build to go with it. Don't be sad ^_^
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I know why you're sad and I can totally understand it. But personally I love that they actually have the day\night cycle. I've seen the previews and the sunrise\sunset is just perfect, and think of the good sides to it - you actually have a natural sky projector, and with every new day\night hour it brings out more light and color features, than it would if it was just one time of day. Think of all the beautiful things you can build and enjoy how they look in the sunshine and with sun setting down and giving these beautiful golden shades to every detail of your build, changing one beautiful view to another. I'm sure you'd enjoy it once you have a complete build to go with it. Don't be sad ^_^
    Yes, this exactly.

Mirt, I do hope something will spark a new outlook of these projectors for you once you get to play around with them in a dimension or two.

What happens if you put a 12 noon ToD in the dim with the projector?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    When I played around with this on the PTS I placed a sunset TOD in with the two sunny projectors (the game time was around mid-day Noon) and the visual I had was the sunset of the sky projector.

The answer should be Noon, but I didn't have a Noon TOD to test it.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 07-15-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    When I played around with this on the PTS I placed a sunset TOD in with the two sunny projectors (the game time was around mid-day Noon) and the visual I had was the sunset of the sky projector.

The answer should be Noon, but I didn't have a Noon TOD to test it.
    I've got TONS of ToDs - what shard do you want one of each on?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

When I made the videos for the addicts sight I used tod after I realized they had day night cycles. The tod works with the projector

I've got TONS of ToDs - what shard do you want one of each on?
    I have many too, I didn't when I was on the PTS. But, yes it works with projector, I should have just said that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I do have a complete build to go with it. I have two different complete builds to go with it. They were meant to be seen in the sunlight. The sky projectors should be sunlight all of the time since they are named, "sunny day sky projector", and not 'sunny day/nighttime cycle sky projector."

I don't want all of the different colors. I want one specific time of day.

Also, as I've mentioned many times before, the Time of Days never work right for me. They flicker on an off or don't work at all and I'm on high or ultra settings.

oh well - I hope people still enjoy my Ranger's Retreat dimension, even at night.
    Last edited by Mirt; 07-16-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Dimensions:

I was so looking forward to a fixed sunny day projector now i know that it has night time cycles i am a lil sad. it might be pretty and what not to have the cycles but the projector is called "sunny day"..but i digress.

Love ur dim mirtt.
    Naerhya, Anaemeah,Anaetta, Zanae,Rhyaetta,Rhynae, Rhyelah and Jhasta@ Deepwood

https://twitter.com/NaerhyaRift?lang=en

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Making a version that is always daytime isn't very much work for us. I think we just weren't sure exactly what the community wanted in this case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast