+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sunny Day Sky Projector

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Making a version that is always daytime isn't very much work for us. I think we just weren't sure exactly what the community wanted in this case.

Morticus!!! - Thank you so much for replying and yes please an all the time sunny day would be awesome, meaning that it is always sunny in the dim, constantly.

Any chance this could go into a patch in the very near future instead of waiting for 3.4?

Thanks again!

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Making a version that is always daytime isn't very much work for us. I think we just weren't sure exactly what the community wanted in this case.

A fixed sunny day is what I thought we were getting as well. I bought the spring one, although the sunset is pretty, I want the dim to be sunny all the time.

A separate fixed night projector would also be awesome.

They would save us item count, because currently, for instance, I have 5 (or 6) 10 pm thingies in my drive-in theater since the radius of one only affects so far. Would be cool to just stick a night projector in there.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Valzen; 07-16-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Valzen View Post
    A fixed sunny day is what I thought we were getting as well. I bought the spring one, although the sunset is pretty, I want the dim to be sunny all the time.

A separate fixed night projector would also be awesome.

They would save us item count, because currently, for instance, I have 5 (or 6) 10 pm thingies in my drive-in theater since the radius of one only affects so far. Would be cool to just stick a night projector in there.

Thank you!
    Yes a separate fixed nighttime one too!

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

I bought the sunny spring projector, nice sky and nice sunset, but what about the night sky? Is it not constant night?
    Given their names I thought night sky was always night, and sunny was always daytime.
    TOD don't work in my dims, and having a night projector and an sunny day projector was the answer for me.

But if you make a projector with a set hour, you need to make 24 of them... Maybe this is too much to ask.
    Maybe setting daytime sunny sky to noon and night time to mignight could do it.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Hmmm, the night sky should be lacking day/night cycles. If that's the not the case we'll have to fix that.

Well at this point I hope that at least the Spring day is gonna stay the same with the night and day cycle.

I do want the sunrise, the sunset and the spring night sky.

I mean, I'd love to have a sunny day projector that is Day only - so I'm with Mirtt here - but I loved the sky changing with the spring projector so much, it would be sad to have it just at one tod, especially when you know that they're not that much different really.

*Laeti cries on Trion's shoulder*
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Well at this point I hope that at least the Spring day is gonna stay the same with the night and day cycle.

I do want the sunrise, the sunset and the spring night sky.

I mean, I'd love to have a sunny day projector that is Day only - so I'm with Mirtt here - but I loved the sky changing with the spring projector so much, it would be sad to have it just at one tod, especially when you know that they're not that much different really.

*Laeti cries on Trion's shoulder*
    Laeti - no worries - Morticus is talking about making a NEW one and keeping the existing ones released the way they are Everyone will be happy then

Dimensions:

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Maybe setting daytime sunny sky to noon and night time to mignight could do it.
    This is definitely the way to go.

Dimensions:

Omgosh thank you so much Mort I love the spring how it is and other wanted a all day one. You are the bomb keeping the one and making a new one

Morticus - Is it possible for us to see this "Always" sunny day projector in the patch this week or next? Thanks for all you do.

Dimensions:

Rift Chaser

I love the day/night cycle but i am all for more projectors so I'd love set time on day ones in addition to this. Hey more stuff and choices is always good ^^
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Soulwalker

Default spring

like spring and would like it to be all the time. Having trouble with starry night and a ToD 3 am. The ToD is not holding the time to keep the lights on. May not be the projector as this Temple of the Abandoned is still missing building and trees. Shouldn't be working on it just know things will have to adjusted but close to done.

Telaran

Aren't there dim items that let you set a permanent time of hour? If they work with the projectors then that should please everyone who want a day/night cycle and those that want a particular time of day setting.

I have never used these time dimensions so throwing out some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Skycastle View Post
    Aren't there dim items that let you set a permanent time of hour? If they work with the projectors then that should please everyone who want a day/night cycle and those that want a particular time of day setting.

I have never used these time dimensions so throwing out some ideas.
    Yes, the time of day items work great in smaller dimensions, but in larger ones you have to scatter several around because their effects only reach a certain radius. It's no big deal until the item count becomes an issue.
    Also, some people have reported that glitches start when other effects are used in conjunction.

I'm only using tod items when I'm building (it happens randomly and I don't want any lighting issues get in my way). Tod like 'noon' etc allow you to work in a natural daylight, see all the details etc. And I have to bring the item with me and place down every time I start building, because otherwise I might end up walking in darkness because for some reason the tod just stopped working:) Perhaps in smaller dims they don't show any performance bugs, but I don't work with small dims that often.

So yeah, if you want a constant daylight\nighttime in your dim, a projector is a better choice when you have one. Maybe if tod items were fixed to work as projectors, but then again - it's not just the ligting we're after, it's the sky itself.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast