+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Kubara Sakti dimension item enquiry

Default Kubara Sakti dimension item enquiry

Hey all! Whilst collecting wardrobe items, I stumbled upon an NPC called Kubara Sakti in Achyati Village, Dendrome. He sold a single dimension item "Kubara Sakti" and seems to be an interactive dimension item with voice-overs.

However, it costs 1x Cosmic Rhinoceros Carving. Any clue where you can obtain this?

Kubara Sakti is located at /setwaypoint 4145 4641.

Thank you!

Heya! There was a thread about this one, I believe Kitasia started it, it was called 'cosmic rhino carving'. After long discussion and some poking the Devs we found out that Cosmic Rhinoceros Carving is a 'random world drop', no further info on that. Although we all hope the random only includes Dendrome (events, mobs etc), nobody seems to know if it's true.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

It does seem odd an NPC would be offered since 3.0 in Dendrome or maybe it's been sitting there this whole time and we just didn't know? It would be difficult to attain considering the lack of interest by the general population in world events in Dendrome if this is indeed the way to get the carvings - no one has actually confirmed this.

If it was the Cosmic Rhino Waterfall reward maybe I'd be more encouraged to try and make a raid to find out but ye lol We need more Cosmic Rhino awesomeness, mount anyone?

EDIT: Here's the thread Laeti referred to.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 06-23-2015 at 06:40 AM.

I think it was there longer than we knew it, because you need to finish a rather long story questline to even see mr.Kubara selling the item. Otherwise you only see the quest tips he's giving. Also, you need to be of certain Achyati rep level to be able to buy the item, and then - of course - you need the token. All we know atm is that it's random. I don't think it drops anywhere outside Brevane\Dusken tho (hopefully - only in Dendrome). Although, I've seen some achyati dudes wandering around Stillmoor the other day, I cut dem all in small pieces of course but all I got was an arti and some planarite. So it could be a drop from any event somehow connected to Cosmic Rhino may he live long and prosper. I don't think we'll have more certain info until someone loots the bloody thing.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I use to hang out with someone who completed all the Dendrome achievements and quests, was part of his game plan to accomplish shard firsts. This makes me believe it was bought out closer to Nightmare Tide or after it after he quit.

You are able to look up yours or someones shard firsts looking at this.

It is also interesting because Solaura in my guild as well as Takatora and Boase are all achievement legends and none of them have this though I'll poke them all and double check (I know they don't have the item I hound them often and Solauras first NPC outside of normal ones was Grug.) These are my gametective skills lol

Maybe moving this thread to Adventures in Telara would get a more immediate answer?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 06-23-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks for the info Laeti and Kiwi!

Hmm...the most likely zone event it could pop up from is probably as a rare drop from The Awakening (or whatever) zone event in The Dendrome with those cosmic rhinos...but it will be rather difficult/time-consuming to complete that zone event since the zone is more or less empty of players now.

If it's a "random world drop" it doesn't mean it has to be in a zone event does it? Or it that materially different in definition in this game?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

No, I think random just means random, all my suggestions were purely something to discuss and\or think about. I do think it has to be related to some Rhino event or at least Achyati in general, because it would be odd if such a token dropped from, say, a freemarch wolf. So, we could look at our event trackers from time to time and perhaps form a group whenever it's going to at least complete the event, for instance. Moving the thread to Telara discussions might be useful as well, for maybe some of non-dimmers received that token and might share some info.

I also had an idea the token could be a loot from the elites in dendrome, but checking it might be difficult for low-geared peeps or just those who don't enjoy farming mobs for no obvious purpose;D

See, that's what I mean though: a "random world drop" doesn't mean specific to the Dendrome or Achayati in general, to me. It means it drops anywhere in the world, from any mob, without any narrow classification or given event.

This is the quote from swordkata's reply from Trion:
    I apologize for the confusion this issue has caused! The Cosmic Rhinoceros Carving is a random world drop, and I'm afraid I won't be able to provide you with any hints on how to obtain it. However, I hope this information helps you in beginning your search!
    Unless the definition of "random world drop" in this game is entirely different from it in other games (and of course that could certainly be true!), then what that means is it can drop from any mob anywhere in the entire map of Telara, no matter level or zone. And maybe even in the PoW (unlikely, but not impossible).
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Yes I know what you mean I only thought it's logical that such a specific item (related to cosmic rhino and all this stuff) should be random, but zone\mob\event\something else specific. Considering the reply Swordkata received, I also thought that the lack of hints&info might be a hint itself. Perhaps any more specific info would be so precise that there won't be any point in searches at all, and that's - obviously - not how it should be. So, with all these suggestions, I thought it's only logical to start the search from Dendrome mobs and events, only because it's the closest we have to the topic. There's also lots of Achyati stuff here and there in Ashora, so I'd add it as well.

And one more thing: the item seller is mr.Kubara himself, and he only sells it after you finish the questline and after you reach a certain level of rep with Achyati. It's clear to me that the npc must be related to the zone, quest and fraction, otherwise it would be under 'Interactive' in Dimensions store tab. If it's true, then the token you need to buy it must be related to the same things as well. Just a thought.

I wonder if it has anything to do with what the NPCs say. Their voiceovers includes stuff like 'following in the footsteps of the cosmic rhinoceros' or something like that. I have a feeling that when the cosmic rhino zone event in The Dendrome happens, there's probably a special cosmic rhinoceros that doesn't spawn from the main 3 spawn points during the event, but instead spawns elsewhere and if you follow it, you'll eventually get to a place where you can get the special item.

Similar to how the puzzle in IPP (or something like that) was found by following a bunny rabbit that paths to the puzzle (or some other location) when you follow behind it.

Trion's clue "a random world drop" does put a wrench to that idea, but it's pretty ambigious. It could just end up being a random drop from the cosmic rhino event. Trion have done that before with Kaaz'Ra random drops, Swarmlord Khargroth in Exuvia of Khargorth zone event giving his shoulders, Volan special drops/etc.

I dont know about it being there longer then we thought. Kylore and I finished the quests in that zone fairly quickly when they first came out. I get lost alot not knowing what npc I need to talk to for store stuff . And I forgot about the store often and looked for icons to vendor items. That village I did dailys in forever so I would have come across him long before I did if it was available back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Yes I know what you mean I only thought it's logical that such a specific item (related to cosmic rhino and all this stuff) should be random, but zone\mob\event\something else specific. Considering the reply Swordkata received, I also thought that the lack of hints&info might be a hint itself. Perhaps any more specific info would be so precise that there won't be any point in searches at all, and that's - obviously - not how it should be. So, with all these suggestions, I thought it's only logical to start the search from Dendrome mobs and events, only because it's the closest we have to the topic. There's also lots of Achyati stuff here and there in Ashora, so I'd add it as well.

And one more thing: the item seller is mr.Kubara himself, and he only sells it after you finish the questline and after you reach a certain level of rep with Achyati. It's clear to me that the npc must be related to the zone, quest and fraction, otherwise it would be under 'Interactive' in Dimensions store tab. If it's true, then the token you need to buy it must be related to the same things as well. Just a thought.
    Hmm. Well, there's the cosmic rhino on top of the fountain area inside the summerfest hedge in TB.... I've never "talked" to it, what's he there for? I don't do event quests and stuff, not my thing....

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Hmm. Well, there's the cosmic rhino on top of the fountain area inside the summerfest hedge in TB.... I've never "talked" to it, what's he there for? I don't do event quests and stuff, not my thing....
    I do love mysteries. The Rhino on top of the fountain in TB is just a quest giver for the World event Storm legion area's, Brevane/Dusken. I finished the first part of the quest, but nothing. The second part of the world event I haven't had time to run through, so maybe this weekend.

I would be all up for a bunch of us teaming in Dendrome for the Cosmic Rhino event. Extremely hard to solo, because of the always generating mobs trying to kill the Rhino's.

Maybe this weekend we can get some of us together for it.
    Last edited by swordkata; 06-24-2015 at 06:14 AM.

I'd love to be of help with the rhino event as well, my noob queen can't really do much dps (around 40 atm I think), but I'm also levelling a pyro and she can do better. So, taken that we're pretty much from different shards, let us check the dendrome events now and then and give a shout out in the channel when it's up maybe?

If it has anything to do with even mobs or reward drops, we'll have more chances of getting it all together if we farm the events once in a while. I doubt many people do them anyway these days, soloing might be a problem for most of us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast