+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Post-Apocalyptic Collaboration Dimension Contest

Default Post-Apocalyptic Collaboration Dimension Contest

Hi everyone, I have been thinking about doing a collaboration contest for some time now and after seeing Mad Max in the Theatre recently, I think the time has come to stop thinking about it and get it going!

Post-Apocalyptic: The theme for this contest is post-apocalyptic of any sort. Some examples are: plague, zombies, robot uprising, nuclear holocaust and religious. Your creation should show the aftermath of the apocalypse of your choice.

Collaboration: This is a collaboration contest of 2 - 4 people.

Deadline: The entries will close at Noon PST on Friday, August 21, 2015. The winners will be announced no later than Friday, August 28, 2015.

Rules:

Entries must be new builds.

Contest is open to all shards.

No dimension or dimension item is off limits.

There must be 2 - 4 people participating in the build.

Because this is a collaboration the item count limit is 2520.

The dimensions must remain closed until Noon PST, Friday, August 21, 2015.

Entries must be posted before Noon PST, Friday, August 21, 2015.

Any questions or contest entries should be posted in this forum only.

Prizes:

1st Place: 5 REX
    2nd Place: 3 REX
    3rd Place: 2 REX

Contest Entry: To enter to the contest please post in this forum using this format.

Name Dimension is under: Kalrei
    Names of participants: Kalrei & Afflaq
    Shard: Greybriar
    Dimension: Zombies ate my brains!
    Description: Short description of what type of post-apocalyptic event you have chosen.

Judging: You will be judged on how well your dimension fits the theme, attention to detail, and how well you have collaborated together.

Note: I understand that some of the prizes are not going to amount to the number of people that did the build. That is also part of the collaboration! You will have to figure out how to share your REX! :-)

Most important thing to remember for this contest: Have fun working together and learn from each other!
    Last edited by Kalrei; 06-16-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

Rift Disciple

Collaboration. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Norelko View Post
    Collaboration. (:
    Thanks I will make the correction :-)
    Last edited by Kalrei; 06-16-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

The contest theme is really inetersting and exciting for me, but working with someone else would be a pure torture :( Would have loved to take part in this one, and the idea is great, but sadly gotta pass. Good luck to all the teams <3
    Last edited by Laeti; 06-16-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Sounds like it will be a great contest! Can't wait to see all the entries in this one.
    Should be a good one with collaboration in the works and the creative minds and talents that are dimension builders!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

What a great idea, Kalrei. Working in a team is a wonderful challenge--but isn't the brainstorming fun? Looking forward to seeing the entries!

Late edit: Are guild dimensions permissible so long as they fit within the overall item limit parameter? Diva and I have a 3 person guild on Greybriar with a Stone Flask already upgraded (Seyler's the third person--hint hint!)
    Last edited by Feendish; 06-17-2015 at 05:45 AM. Reason: One more question
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

This sounds like a fun contest idea! Thanks for sponsoring this one, Kalrei!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Prophet of Telara

Awesome Idea! I hope I can get someone to collaborate with me :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Oh man love this theme but between fishing and other game ventures a collaboration is also off the cards, good luck to all entries and Kalri you might like this Sample Entry in the current wardrobe contest heh. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    What a great idea, Kalrei. Working in a team is a wonderful challenge--but isn't the brainstorming fun? Looking forward to seeing the entries!

Late edit: Are guild dimensions permissible so long as they fit within the overall item limit parameter? Diva and I have a 3 person guild on Greybriar with a Stone Flask already upgraded (Seyler's the third person--hint hint!)
    Yep! Guild dimensions are permitted.

This is a wonderful idea for a contest! I have yet to collaborate with another builder, this is something I may consider trying. Thank you for offering the challenge Kalrei, I wish you the best luck with it.

Soulwalker

Default Contest Entry!!!!

Name Dimension is under: Cambrya
    Names of participants: Cambrya, Amielle, Kristymack, Aquarelle
    Shard: Hailol
    Dimension: A vision of our future: The End
    Description: Post Meteor Shower

So excited to start this dimension and see what everyone comes up with!!!
    Last edited by Cambrya; 06-17-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: additional team mate

Quote Originally Posted by Cambrya View Post
    Name Dimension is under: Cambrya
    Names of participants: Cambrya, Amielle, Kristymack
    Shard: Hailol
    Dimension: A vision of our future: The End
    Description: Post Meteor Shower

So excited to start this dimension and see what everyone comes up with!!!
    Awesome! Thank you for your entry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    This is a wonderful idea for a contest! I have yet to collaborate with another builder, this is something I may consider trying. Thank you for offering the challenge Kalrei, I wish you the best luck with it.
    You totally should do it!

PS: we need these new contests stickied!

Kal has been talking about doing this Contest since after feendish's Set the scene contest. So it's nice to see it actually happening!

In honor of this contest I would like to share how Kalrei and I met and became such good friends. It's more like an inner monologue story. Prepare yourself K-Mart shoppers!

Back in August of 2014 I was just coming back from a small Rfit break. (I'm known to take those from time to time.) I found myself a bit ronery after coming back to the game. Before my small break I closed down my raiding guild <Adventure Time> and pretty much gave up any and all raiding. SO, here I am....
    Nothing to raid, no guild to lead...
    WHAT TO DO ....what to do.*scratches head*
    OH! hey!~ I really enjoy building Dimensions. Yep SOLD I will totally get back into building.

So here I am completely over the moon about doing dimensions again. I have had some previous Collaborations, that got me thinking how much I enjoyed them. I like to think I am a creative person in general. I love creating ideas or expressing them, I also love tossing ideas back and forth. The longer I thought about a collab the more excited I was getting. I had a few concerns. I've had some good collabs and some bad.

I had a serious conversation with my inner monologue and weighed the PROS and CONS of doing a Collaboration. I think my main concern was will I run into the issue of "too many cooks in the kitchen"? It was at the top of my list right next to will this new builder be able to handle an unfiltered Afflaq? (For those who don't know me well. I tend to cuss like a sailor and speak my mind often enough that it lands me in trouble if I'm not careful) I put the Collaboration idea on the back burner and started building again.

I had been gone from Rift long enough during my break that there was a whole new expanded community of Dimension builders. More builders means more Dims to tour and enjoy! I was excited and I think It took me a full week to make it through just NA shards Dimension lists. I was overwhelmed at how the community had grown. So much talent!

I decided it was time to cross my Collaboration idea off my bucket list. I started to put out some feelers to those in the community I had kept in touch with that I was thinking of a collab. Let's just say the fish weren't biting lol. So I got to thinking again about how large the community had grown. Why not consider a random builder I don't know? I went touring again with a new purpose. I stared to see so many new builders with such raw talent that it blew my mind away. I'm sure we all remember our first Dimension. Yeah. my first didn't look anything like all these new "firsts" I was seeing on the lists.

I decided to take my time and really take a look at some first time builders. I went in depth and I even made my way through the dimensions that had "0" likes in my search. I compiled a small list of names of builders that I saw so much potential in and really wanted to work with. Kalrei was on my list of names. I added them all to my friends list and stalked them like a ninja to see how often they played and were online during my game play time. My list slowly dwindled to one!

Before I decided to send Kalrei a tell, I had a few issues I wanted to go over with my inner monologue again. I made a small check off list for this imaginary building partner I wanted.

1. He/she needs to be just as excited as I am about a Collaboration.
    2. Need to establish from the beginning that we can say whats on our minds and share ideas freely without judgment.
    3. Can talk through any and all issues or disagreements.
    4. Is looking for a long term Collab. (I never expected this one to actually happen)

My list wasn't long. However it felt important to me to cover those points after my two very diverse Collaborations.

I put my big girl pants on and sent Kalrei an awkward whisper. ( It was way awkward. Especially since I totally stalked her for like 2 weeks) Somehow Kalrei gave me the time of day and gave the idea some thought. The best part, she was just as excited as I was for this Collaboration. I went over my concerns with her in regards to working together and we discussed all of her concerns and we decided to give our new partnership a go!

Before we even began to build we really gave our first build some thought. We made a list of ideas for the build. (We still have that list and we continue to add to it constantly) We decided together what we wanted to build and then we ran over some ideas for the build we chose and made a layout to get the project going. Thus BeetleJuice was born.

We were both very nervous at the beginning of the build. We didn't want to step on each others toes. I went into this with an open mind and my biggest worry was that perhaps my partner might not be so open. We quickly solved that issue due to my big mouth and I learned that we were on the same page, mostly because we were communicating so well together.

Thank the Rift gods that Kalrei and myself got on so well together. She is my sistah from anotha mistah! Because Kalrei and myself set our guidelines down in advance we have had a lot of success in our partnership in regards to how well we build together as a team.

We managed to make our strengths a weaknesses support each other. Kalrei and I don't always agree right away on something but we communicate and work it out together so we are both happy with an outcome. Somehow we are on the same wavelength and she has become one of my best friends in game and in real life.

As our community grows we get new chances of meeting new an interesting people. I know that Collaboration builds may not be everyone's cup of tea. But I hope to see many entries for those brave enough to work together. Kalrei and I never met each other prior to our "Beetlejuice" build and I am so glad that we did. We have fun and sometimes we even get frustrated, but in my opinion we always make magic happen when we build together.

So thank you Kalrei for being my Life Dimension partner.(LOL!) Thank you to Kalrei's husband who puts up with our antics and craziness, especially when we stayed up til 4 am doing beetlejuice because we were so excited and just couldn't stop lol. (Gaggle of hens we are!)

I hope that this contest opens up more friendships!
    Current Dimensions on Greybriar: Mount Olympus ][ BeetleJuice ][ Star Trek ][ Clue ][ Bobblehead Emporium ][ Cod fish...on a hook! ][ 1. O-Ren Ishii (Cottonmouth) ][ Suburban Mancave ][ MIB TOG Style ][ Kiss The Girl ][ Yabba-Dabba-Doo ][ Fallout Vault 101 ][ The Beverly Hillbillies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast