+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Morticus.....PLEASE!!!.......

Default Morticus.....PLEASE!!!.......

Please, please, PLEASE consider making some badly needed changes to the loot table for Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure.....as follows...

1. Please remove the Rare Atragarian Artifact Attractor....we already get enough of those from other sources, plus we get a recipe of our own anyway.

2. Please remove the RECIPE for the above. No one who has fished long enough to get Stan's fishing pole plus the super secret lure could POSSIBLY need these....it's just a destroy item...they aren't even worth putting on the AH, there as so many of them.

3. Please turn down the frequency of the mount drops. Making them BOA was nice, but I've gotten enough to supply all of my alts already, plus more!

4. Please remove the artifacts from the loot table. Yes I like artifacts, but I get enough from other sources. And I didn't give myself a case of carpel tunnel just to get more of them.

5. Please remove old common dimension items. We get plenty of those from Minions already and storage dims are overflowing already! Just leave the rarer ones, like from world events and especially the mystery boxes.

6. Please consider removing the Soggy Crafting Marks....again, we get enough of those from other sources.

7. Please consider increasing the number of items we get from the lost crafting stashes. These can be helpful, but the number is often underwhelming.

I don't expect to get a rare and wonderful new dimension item with every cast, but I really feel like I am spinning my wheels here. I have gotten 3 or 4 new items, but none of them are the ones I would really love to have. And I have gotten TONS of the items listed above, making my 3 or 4 times a day lure casts so very disappointing.

As hard as it is to get this pole and lure, please consider adding more valuable items to replace the above. I would LOVE to get a Dimension Entry Point for instance. Or some other item that is representative of just how hard this lure is to obtain. Getting the same things we already get from numerous other sources just makes us sad and frustrated. Even a soggy bank bag with a plat in it or a crafting stash containing 10 Crustacian Oils to make the next lure would be better, especially since we have to pay 10 plat to buy the oils every time we make the lure.

Thanks for reading this (hopefully you will) and I really hope you will consider at least some of them
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I agree 110% with all requests above, please Morticus consider these changes.

Thank you Foxfire for this post, I was thinking the same thoughts on all the points you made!

Agree....!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I am with you sister. The loot table has just way to much yuck in it for a 6 hour CD lure. Especially after how long it takes to receive the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I agree 110% with all requests above, please Morticus consider these changes.

Thank you Foxfire for this post, I was thinking the same thoughts on all the points you made!
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Agree....!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I am with you sister. The loot table has just way to much yuck in it for a 6 hour CD lure. Especially after how long it takes to receive the darn thing.
    Thanks guys....it's been driving me nuts. If it weren't for the loot thread showing me all the wonderful things that COULD be fished up, I would have thrown down my pole in disgust the first week. Then when I saw that castle today, that was the last straw, I had to say something.

It feels like all the "trash" in the way is keeping me from getting anything I really want. It
    hasn't all been bad, but it definitely hasn't been good enough.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)

Artifacts. fine, Atragairan lure and Lure recipies- loose them. I don't even have Stan's lure yet (do have pole) and I have STACKS of both lure recipies adn of that fish lure. They don't sell on the AH, can't be NPC'ed and, nobody that could use them needs them, even if you try to give them away.

White dimension items are literally a dime a hundred, I have TWO Dimensions full of stuff I'm tryingf to give away just from fishing and minions. Every PoW chest drops dim items, usually whites. Pleas no whites on THE Lure - that is disapointing if they are there.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    White dimension items are literally a dime a hundred, I have TWO Dimensions full of stuff I'm tryingf to give away just from fishing and minions. Every PoW chest drops dim items, usually whites. Pleas no whites on THE Lure - that is disapointing if they are there.
    Unfortunately some whites are invaluable in Dimension world and new items can also be white. This could be the problem with Stans loot table, its based off the normal tiered rarity (white green blue purple orange) but doesn't work for Dimensions. It's almost like Stan needed a tier all his own maybe pink so these items are also easy to find on the AH?

As for the rest. Seeing such things like someone max notoriety one day and then get this rep twice afterward with their lure cast really does call for a review. Rep intuition that minions have would be great plus no lure recipes or artifacts.

An increase in the Lure of Planar Distortion would also be welcome.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Lure changes are low priority right now, but it's on our list of things to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Lure changes are low priority right now, but it's on our list of things to look at.
    Thank you so much for your response. You don't know how much we all appreciate that, and everything else you do. I can understand it not being high priority right now. I am just happy to know that it is on your list to be looked at, and hopefully our requests will be taken into consideration at that time.

Thanks again!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Thank god I have been crying for 2 days now. It took 2 weeks to start crying but now I cant seem to stop. With every new item I see . These are not tears of joy they are tears of being super sad that my own rng is so awful.

That's cool, as long as it's on the list of things to look at when there are minimal gameplay affecting issues going on. We Fishing dimension nuts are a minority, we know but, it's good the hear that we aren't forgotten or ignored.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

It's just going from bad to worse for me. If I beg really hard is there any way to move lure changes a little higher up the ladder of priority?
    Dimensions on Faeblight:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    It's just going from bad to worse for me. If I beg really hard is there any way to move lure changes a little higher up the ladder of priority?
    I'll donate brownies if it'll help the cause!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Thanks very much. Personally, I'd be happy with the lure recipes removed, the rep rewards being smart enough to give me *something* if I'm maxxed on the rep, the mount and "Smiles" to drop less, and white artifacts gone. Minor disappointment I can deal with, but those are just a salted stick in the eye, IYKWIM.. (:

Also, when you do look at the Secret Lure drops, please check for a blue-quality item in the loot table that has invalid settings - I've fished something up 3 times now that flashes a loot window with a blue text item, but doesn't actually drop anything into my bags, and is not a rep decree. I believe something is getting fished up that can't be dropped into inventory due to some flag being set funny, maybe?

Rift Disciple

Yeah the notoriety needs to go. Anyone who has the patience to get the rod and lure surely has capped notoriety.

I agree with the mounts, so frustrating when you get your 30th in two weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast