+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Morticus.....PLEASE!!!.......

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I'm going to be conducting a test later this evening when I get home to see what comes up. I'll post the results here...
    A test for what in one day? You might want to run it for more than a day at a similar time daily break down numbers so this info can be looked into with times, date, zone, outcomes and because its RNG something over 4-6 months.

Hanging out with a lot of people who fish with the lures the excitement just wore off so it could be a case of "seen that done that want to see something I haven't seen" kind of scenario.

I also know so many who just don't use the lure anymore.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-16-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Okay... fishing in Stillmoor at the Pool of Water NE of Zareph's Return/due W of Ravenna.

Lure #1
    Extremely Long Siphoning Hose (white artifact)
    Hellish Kindling (white artifact)
    The Golden Fable - Page 6 (blue artifact)
    Theurgist's Bundle
    Lost Crafting Stash (5 Rewoven Diaphanous Cloth)

Lure #2
    Cerulean Rhenke Decree
    Smiles (companion)
    Air Rock Solo (dim item)

Lure #3
    Moving Platform (white dim item)
    Ocean Blues (white artifact)
    Bogling Walking Stick (white artifact)
    Greater Swirly Thing (white artifact)
    Lost Crafting Stash (6 Thalasite Ingots)

Lure #4
    Minion Card: Ritualist Madina (rare minion - air/assassination)
    Lost Crafting Stash (11 Pelagic Fragments)
    Moonshade Stargrass (white dim item)

Lure #5
    Minion Card: Cresaphin (uncommon minion - earth/death)
    Vicious Bundle
    Soggy Crafting Marks (111 Artisan Marks + 73 Bonus Artisan Marks)

Lure #6
    Soggy Crafting Marks (5 Master Craftsman's Marks + 4 Bonus Master Craftsman's Marks)
    Minion Card: Oblivia (common minion - death --- available via Minion Shop for 1 plat)
    Minion Card: Nipper (rare minion - water/harvesting)

Lure #7
    Ghar Decree
    Sagespire Tower with Elevator (orange dim item)
    Lost Crafting Stash (10 Tooled Fabled Leather)

Lure #8
    Glowing Orange Pebble (green artifact)
    Hellish Kindling (white artifact)
    Pile of Pumpkins in Fog (blue dim item)
    Ghar Decree

Lure #9
    Armor Rack with Swords (green dim item)
    Soggy Crafting Marks (94 Artisan Marks + 62 Bonus Artisan Marks)
    Minion Card: Grace (uncommon minion - hunting/diplomacy)

Lure #10
    Pelagic Order Decree
    Breathing for Beginners (white artifact)
    Dwarven Ring (white artifact)
    Pouch of Digestive Gravel (green artifact)
    Minion Card: Snerkle (rare minion - fire/dimension)

Lure #11
    Recipe: Twisted Atragarian Lure
    Cerulean Rhenke Decree
    Rare Atragarian Artifact Attractor

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Rift Master

Patch day again, another week no change. This is so disappointing. Since a dev never actually came on the forums and said they were going to look at this I can only assume they have no intentions on it.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #64

We can take another look at the loot table. 3.4 has been taking most of our attention lately, hence the lack of replies to the threads here.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We can take another look at the loot table. 3.4 has been taking most of our attention lately, hence the lack of replies to the threads here.
    Thank you, Morticus.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

Rift Disciple

I like the idea of logging the drops we're seeing, Samu - here's my latest haul of trash:

1: Short String of Blue Lights (dim, green)
    Recipe: Rare Atragarian Fish Lure (junk)
    Soggy Crafting Marks (green)

2: Minion Card: Lecu The Claw (green)
    Shrouded Bundle
    Olive Feather (white dim item, common from minion boxes)

3: Recipe: Rare Atragarian Artifact Attractor (junk)
    Striped Wall Torch (white dim item, common from minion boxes)
    Building Block: Granite Plank (white dim item, common from minion boxes)

and Kiwi, I'm pretty sure where or when you fish is irrelevant, Stan's Lure drops the same stuff regardless of where you use it or when. Tested for that a long time ago - pretty sure the drop function for the lure doesn't take anything like that into account.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Norelko View Post
    and Kiwi, I'm pretty sure where or when you fish is irrelevant, Stan's Lure drops the same stuff regardless of where you use it or when. Tested for that a long time ago - pretty sure the drop function for the lure doesn't take anything like that into account.
    Its called consistency so everything is relevant bit like in raids and pvp someone who fishes once a week vs someone who fishes the same time daily/multiple times daily using the lure, maybe a certain zone is not working though this shouldn't be the case since its about the lure not the zone?

Good news though Morticus is looking into anyways.

Forums is such a small window. The 10 people in this thread perhaps 50 all together including crafting forums since release of Stans lure reading emotions without statistics can often feel more disgruntled without solving anything while 100's more who don't post keep fishing with results.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-18-2015 at 08:13 AM.

This morning's lure, fishing in Tempest Bay's Canals:

Recipe: Twisted Atragarian Lure
    Smiles
    Onir Decree

Ugh.

Perhaps start a new thread with fishing results and move the existing post from here? The 'Dim items from Uncle Satan's lure' thread isn't really good foe this either since it's only about dim items.

If the point is to help the devs see some sort of statistics you guys are gathering, then a separate thread might be better.

PS Not gathering any statistics myself as I'm too lazy and pretty happy with what I get from the lure, but so far I can say I'm getting a LOT of bundles (and I love it, please don't change that, for the sake of all wardrobe junkies out there), and as for the dim items - didn't get anything new but still got a lot of nice old green\blue items I'd gladly use. No mounts in a long time, couple of Smiles pets and lots of good minions providing good plat. But my fishing is absolutely occasional, I do it for fun and never count on it in any way.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I haven't seen anything here that would make me remotely interested in attempting to get the lure. If all you get is items that minions bring and store items, there seems no point. Also, Morticus saying he will look into it doesn't excite me either. That's been said before. SAYING you will look into something is not the same as actually looking into something. LOOKING into something is not the same thing as DOING something about it. If the Dev's don't understand what we are upset about by now - they never will.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    LOOKING into something is not the same thing as DOING something about it. If the Dev's don't understand what we are upset about by now - they never will.
    Thats why I came in this thread to share some understanding as I chat to a few of us in PMs upset by this I'm also the one taking a break from Rift coming back in 3.4 to fish for Stans lure in PTW (Yay so glad for this!) BUT in the mean time why make each other more upset without some consistent statistics?

I mean even looking at Sami's 33 Casts she got:

5 Dimension items 1 orange 1 blue 3 white
    2 Wardrobe bundles
    1 Companion
    6 Minion Cards
    11 Artifacts (increased since release)
    Along with Rep & Crafting mats

No Steed mounts something also tweaked since release.

That's a lot.

The problem isn't no one isn't getting anything the problem is you might already have everything you get or might not get something you really want. It was mentioned by a couple of people before this even came to live that Dimension builders will be the ones still doing it months later trying to get an item they get their hearts set on.

Loot is not categorized by Stans loot vs the rest its orange, purple, blue, green and white like all the others and that Sage tower as an example proves rare items drop still.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-18-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Perhaps start a new thread with fishing results and move the existing post from here? The 'Dim items from Uncle Satan's lure' thread isn't really good foe this either since it's only about dim items.

If the point is to help the devs see some sort of statistics you guys are gathering, then a separate thread might be better.
    And here is that separate thread. Thanks for the suggestion, Laeti!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...g-results.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The problem isn't no one isn't getting anything the problem is you might already have everything you get or might not get something you really want. It was mentioned by a couple of people before this even came to live that Dimension builders will be the ones still doing it months later trying to get an item they get their hearts set on.

Loot is not categorized by Stans loot vs the rest its orange, purple, blue, green and white like all the others and that Sage tower as an example proves rare items drop still.
    From my point of view, this is exactly the problem. We're not saying we don't get anything, nor are we saying that rare items don't drop. What does drop, WE DON'T WANT. They are too readily available from other areas of the game. Minions to sell are nice, but that's it. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I can't help but think a lot of us do feel this way.

What we ALL want are the NEW dimension items that we saw the first week or so that the lure went live. For all intents and purposes, those items are being DENIED to us. THOSE items are NOT dropping. So maybe they are in there...floating around somewhere. If they are then what needs changing is the percentage of chance we have to GET them! They don't NEED to be this rare!

And that comment someone made about dimensioners will the ones still doing it months later trying to get something they have their hearts set on just blows my mind........what the heck did they think would FUN about that? That amounts to a daily dose of disappointment for most of us! I can't imagine that's what Trion wants it's player base to feel when they play Rift, but it is happening every single day.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    What we ALL want are the NEW dimension items that we saw the first week or so that the lure went live. For all intents and purposes, those items are being DENIED to us. THOSE items are NOT dropping. So maybe they are in there...floating around somewhere. If they are then what needs changing is the percentage of chance we have to GET them! They don't NEED to be this rare!.
    This is the issue at hand. Frankly everything is garbage except these items. Okok maybe not everything but like 95%. The lure is cute for a month, then you are getting the same costume sets and minions over and over. You have a small chance at getting a minion that will sell for more than 50 plat. Then nothing else matters. The artifacts = ribbons, if I wanted crafting marks I would actually do my dailies and I really do not need another staircase in my dimension. So why keep doing it? The only reason is those initial amazing dim items. It is very apparent that these are gone since the last "fix". It is not just bad RNG luck. We just want these items back.

Everything is a consolation crap prize unless it is one of those good dim items. Since they are gone I have quit fishing. I will not take it up again unless those items come back. It was the only reason why I fished every evening for two weeks straight to get this damn pole to begin with and now it is just trash.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    From my point of view, this is exactly the problem. We're not saying we don't get anything, nor are we saying that rare items don't drop. What does drop, WE DON'T WANT. They are too readily available from other areas of the game. Minions to sell are nice, but that's it. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I can't help but think a lot of us do feel this way.

What we ALL want are the NEW dimension items that we saw the first week or so that the lure went live. For all intents and purposes, those items are being DENIED to us. THOSE items are NOT dropping. So maybe they are in there...floating around somewhere. If they are then what needs changing is the percentage of chance we have to GET them! They don't NEED to be this rare!

And that comment someone made about dimensioners will the ones still doing it months later trying to get something they have their hearts set on just blows my mind........what the heck did they think would FUN about that? That amounts to a daily dose of disappointment for most of us! I can't imagine that's what Trion wants it's player base to feel when they play Rift, but it is happening every single day.
    This, exactly.

If the point of the lure is those rare dim items we saw back with the first loot table, then it's not working as intended. If the intent was that it drops the same trash that we get for free from Minions, then it *is* working, but it feels like a bait 'n switch. (one that costs 14 plat at least to be reminded of the fact you've been bait-n-switched.)

Sure, if I burn the lures I'll get plenty of high-priced spare minions that nobody seems to want to buy, dozens of outfit bundles I already have and can't vendor, more Mathosian Steeds to send to my lowbie alt to keep in her rapidly filling "horse bags", tons of rep rewards I'm already maxxed out on, piles of lure recipies I have to toss in the street to be rid of and a handful of dim things that my Minions already bring me plenty of. But I'll never get another Storm Legion Tent or another Large Brevanic House, and without a real chance at those things, then the lure is basically something you work like heck to get, enjoy for a week or two and then rapidly become annoyed and angry at, once you've gotten the *first* instance of all those soulbound-and-only-worth-getting-once things you eventually end up getting hundreds of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast