+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hankventure

Thread: Can not see friends dimension, but i have special privileges?

Soulwalker

Unhappy Can not see friends dimension, but i have special privileges?

Hello, I was out to help a friend with their dimension recently, and i was set with special privileges in order to fully help them on a daily basis. making an actual town with houses etc. lots of work (if you dont have templates and the addons). but after a week or two later, they never changed my permissions at all, im still specially setup for their dim, yet i cannot search and find their dim anymore? (clicking "[", then "friends" tab, then searching their username)
    its quite bizzar. they have to invite me to a party and get me into their dimension that way. and once im in - to no avail, i have all of my permissions still. is there any settings that might make it to not be able to be searched on accident of any kind? if so i could attempt to fix and report back?
    sorry if this has been an issue before or a repost, im not much of a forums user. but noone else knows how to help with the issue and google is quite general in finding anything relevant.

Try this:

Press [ to access Dimension UI, then select the SEARCH tab on the bottom left, in that section type your friends name into the Search box in the upper right, press enter and you should now find your friends dimension in this section if you have Special Permissions.

Soulwalker

thats the problem, i dont see their dimension. only one of them but its an irrelevant dimension that we never used. they had 3-4 listed, now its only 1

Quote Originally Posted by hankventure View Post
    they never changed my permissions at all, im still specially setup for their dim, yet i cannot search and find their dim anymore? (clicking "[", then "friends" tab, then searching their username)
    You mentioned you were looking in the Friends tab above, if your friend has all the options under permissions unchecked.. except for Special Permissions (and your name is in that Edit section) then you will not find their dimension under the Friends tab, you have to use the Search tab at the bottom of that list, then search for their name on the right, hopefully that makes sense.

If your friend has the Friends section checked then you should still be able to see the dimension in the Friends tab.

Assuming they have this dimension private, if the Search option does not work, then you may want to try opening a ticket.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 05-24-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Soulwalker

ahhh... thanks for the reply sorry for the confusion! i was like "he ddint read my post!", looks like im the idiot and didnt fully read yours! and it was smaller lmao. thanks.. ill go try it out right now

UPDATE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    You mentioned you were looking in the Friends tab above, if your friend has all the options under permissions unchecked.. except for Special Permissions (and your name is in that Edit section) then you will not find their dimension under the Friends tab, you have to use the Search tab at the bottom of that list, then search for their name on the right, hopefully that makes sense.

If your friend has the Friends section checked then you should still be able to see the dimension in the Friends tab.

Assuming they have this dimension private, if the Search option does not work, then you may want to try opening a ticket.
    yep.. that worked. i found them all by selecting search tab by itself and then searching their name. weird how it doesnt show it under friends tab lol.. thanks a lot Nouvae for helping me. i hope this helps anyone else in the forums too even though it might seem frivilous! solved!
    Last edited by hankventure; 05-24-2015 at 01:21 PM.

I'm glad you were able to get it worked out, no problem, happy to help.

+ Reply to Thread