+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Buttercup Ground Cover

Default Buttercup Ground Cover

The dimension item Buttercup Ground Cover is not appearing in any dimension I place it in. Chat log says that I have successfully placed it, however it is not appearing once placed.

I noticed they weren't showing up in a previous build so I took them to other dimensions and tried them out and still can't see them I've submitted a bug report, but though I would mention here too, in case someone else had plans for these flowers.

Mine are okay.... I have them in various dims - Three Springs, Moonshade Pools, Black Garden....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Mine are okay.... I have them in various dims - Three Springs, Moonshade Pools, Black Garden....
    Hmm, I don't have any of those open.. they were originally in Fort Zarnost Beach when I noticed they were invisible. I tried placing them in Tower Meadow, Vengeful Sky, Kestrel's Cry Ravine, and Deepwood Cottage. I tried placing one in Stone Flask Tavern using my alt and is still invisible. I tried making them bigger, smaller, pulling them up and down and turning. Logged to desktop a few times. Ah well, the pink ground covers are working so I guess I'll just use them until I can figure out what's up!

Miniature Impatiens are doing the same thing. I discovered that by Ctrl clicking to preview them and the Item Preview window came up empty.

I *think* I might have some in a Deepwood Cottage too. I'll check tomorrow, okay? And I also am not having any issue with the mini impatiens either.

But you know, all of mine of both sorts have been emplaced for quite a while.... I haven't used any in the last week probably.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Confirmed, we've been jumping around for last 15 mins checking it all out.
    • Summoned Bethah to my empty dimension
    • They placed Buttercup Ground Cover. Appeared on item list. Rotate & Scale present. Buttercup invisible.
    • I picked it up in my bags to place in dimension - still invisible.
    Re-logged.
    • Entered another dimension already built in
    • Similar problem above placing items
    • Can see all other flowers as normal present in this dimension

Relogged 3 hours later
    • Different character placed many different flowers & trees.
    • Buttercup Ground Cover & Minature Impatients only 2 invisible.
    Fascinating.

I have not noticed any issues with my flowers yet, but in one of my dimensions the chain for stone tomb that was fencing in my boxing ring is invisible. The collision is there though.

Confirming the existence of this issue, I had the same thing happen to the buttercup ground cover, miniature impatiens (which is just the same model with different color), and the chain for stone tomb. Also adding "small cart of hay" to the list. They are all invisible since the patch.

Turned out I only have one of each placed - and they've both been in different Sanguine Shores for a long time. I was thinking of the larger ground covers I guess.

They were visible when I zoned in, but as soon as I moved, they went away. So did the small cart of hay that was in a Three Springs.

Kind of a weird issue.

I can't seem to see my lady ferns either

I noticed several items dont show, actually too many to count and I didnt write them all down. I have to use low render because of my graphic card and all those ugly green walls + invisible items really put me off dimensioning until it is all solved.

Ok, so far the list of invisible items includes:
    Buttercup Ground Cover
    Miniature Impatiens
    Chain for Stone Tomb
    Small Cart of Hay
    Lady Ferns

I hope I didn't miss any that were listed.

At this point, you might want to add that list into the sticky thread about the green wall etc. top of page.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Thanks for reporting this, I'll pass it along and see about getting it looked at.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

the fix for the green boundary wall in low quality renderer *should* go in with the next patch.

dimension objects mentioned here are being looked at right now and it will probably take an additional patch (next week) to get to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast