+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Low Quality Renderer and Dimension Boundry Walls

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Any idea if the SEARCH tab in the Dimension UI will be working again soon? Click SEARCH tab, then try to search in the upper right box, it dies. Must have lost connection to the database.
    This is the same for bag search, achievement search etc-all are being naughty

Rift Disciple

Dimension wall is still visible...
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Neoga Wynd View Post
    Dimension wall is still visible...
    in low quality?

The walls are no longer visible when not running low-quality - haven't tested low quality yet. Will do ASAP.

Green boundary is proximity visible when edit mode is turned off. Requires zoning out and back in to clear it.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Hello all, I have an addition to the bug reports, it's about a shadow coming out of nowhere (possibly from that green wall? O_o). There's a huge shadow covering a pretty large part of Anywhere atm, without any object to actually cast that shadow. The dim I'm in is a taplap on Laethys, there is currently no big objects to cause this effect, as the dim is mostly flat, with only some trees at one side of it (but there is no way those could cast a shadow on such a huge area).
    I've attached a screenie to let you know what it looks like, and another one to show how it changes when I'm close to the dim border. Somehow the wall for me is blue, and when I get close to it, the shadow disappears inside the borders, and appears outside of it.

I'm on Laethys, I don't use low quality renderer and the video settings are custom (mostly adjusted the vfx, ground effects and such - for comfortable building).

Thank you for the attention!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Low Quality Renderer and Dimension Boundry Walls-2015-04-23_212446.jpg   Low Quality Renderer and Dimension Boundry Walls-2015-04-23_212945.jpg  
    Last edited by Laeti; 04-23-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Hello all, I have an addition to the bug reports, it's about a shadow coming out of nowhere (possibly from that green wall? O_o). There's a huge shadow covering a pretty large part of Anywhere atm, without any object to actually cast that shadow. The dim I'm in is a taplap on Laethys, there is currently no big objects to cause this effect, as the dim is mostly flat, with only some trees at one side of it (but there is no way those could cast a shadow on such a huge area).
    I've attached a screenie to let you know what it looks like, and another one to show how it changes when I'm close to the dim border. Somehow the wall for me is blue, and when I get close to it, the shadow disappears inside the borders, and appears outside of it.

I'm on Laethys, I don't use low quality renderer and the video settings are custom (mostly adjusted the vfx, ground effects and such - for comfortable building).

Thank you for the attention!
    Yes this was mentioned in a thread earlier. I have the same issue and I am assuming it's the shadow of the ceiling. It's probably in every dim but most visible in the sunny ones.

I just thought these two issues might be of a same source:) I mean, if there's a problem with green (or - in my case - blue :D) walls, then the ceiling might be the same thing that we just don't see cause we don't get that close to it, and whether it casts a shadow, or the walls do, the issue might go away when the walls are fixed. My 2nd screenie shows that the shadow is closely related to the boundry wall, so it must be the whole green\blue thingie that causes the problem.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Yes that's what I said too.
    More screenshots,
    this is in high quality settings, NOT in edit mode:

And a shadow of the blue thingy:

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Rift Team

looking into the shadow fix

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Shadows from walls fix should be included with this weeks hotfix
    Green Walls showing up in non-edit mode should be fixed next Wednesday

thanks to Seyler for giving me some extra info
    Last edited by Marigold; 04-28-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks Marigold! /salute
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

And.... I finally remembered to check this morning: yes indeed, the "out of edit mode" green walls are gone.

Thanks guys - I wasn't having much issue with it anyway, but it's nice to be back to normal.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Disciple

Just came back from a break, glad to see the wall is no longer visible in hi res, thanks, you devs are the best!
    Active Dimensions on Greybriar:
    Castle Wyndfall Trilogy: Castle Wyndfall, Castle Wyndfall Siege, Neoga's Wyndfalls
    Neoga: Neoga's Wyndfalls, Neoga's Retreat, Neoga's Merry Christmas Dream
    Wyndfort: Castle Wyndfall
    Kerez: Royal Palace of Gödöllo, Castle Wyndfall Siege

Default Dimension Effects not working

Some of the effects do not show up in my Dimension, 'Fire Burst Ring' - 'Small Pulsing Shield Effect' Purple & White Vortex's'
    I thought it must be my Graphic card - but when I first arrive at the Dimension the FireBurst effect does show for one Burst then disappears [not tested if the others show as yet] I have looked at my video card settings and changed them over and over - to see if it makes a difference. But nope no difference - I even went to Low just to see if the low stops it showing altogether , even on first arrival at the Dim - and it doesn't - it does the same thing - shows for the first Burst then disappears
    When a couple of patches ago it said the Dim effects problem had been fixed - they worked perfectly for 3 days - then they stopped working once again.
    So I am lost as to what to do about it - I wanted to enter one of the Dimension Competitions - but Need those special effects to show - so I can at least put them in the right position - but even without the competition - it would be nice if I could actually see them - also to put them in the right position. Please - can someone help me on this. I am beginning to wonder if it is a Vista problem once again, as a friend who has Windows 8.1 saw the effects with no probs - prob is I don't have a friend with Vista
    Last edited by S00S00; 05-22-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    I am an Abstract sort of Creature
    Who Dislikes any sort of Restraint
    If you try to pigeonhole me
    I Will Break Free

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast