+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: NEW contest: "Mars Attacks" dimension building contest (open to all shards!)

Default NEW contest: "Mars Attacks" dimension building contest (open to all shards!)

Hello all,

I am proud to introduce my first contest entitled 'Mars Attacks!' *ominous music plays*

For those of you who love classic or modern sci/fi tv or movies, this is your chance to show your devotion to this in combination with dimensions.

The idea of the contest is to create a scene of an alien attack. You can create a scene of attack while it's in progress OR after the attack, aka the aftermath. The choice is up to you!

Restrictions:
    which dimension? - any you want!
    what item count? - any you want!

Well Mirt, you ask, are there any restrictions at all? There is only one guideline (as of now) that I can think of and that is to have fun and be creative!

I am breaking down the judging categories into small and large dimensions so that they are separate as that seems more fair to me.

Dimension over 1,000 items category or as I call it "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
    1st prize - 2 Rex
    2nd prize - 1 Rex
    3rd prize - An assortment of 100 dimension items which won't all be stairs and building blocks ;)

Dimensions 1,000 items or under category or as I call it "The Truth is Out There"
    1st prize - 2 rex
    2nd prize - 1 rex
    3rd prize - An assortment of 100 dimension items which won't all be stairs and building blocks ;)

The entries will be judged on the following criteria:
    1) originality

2) creativity (This doesn't necessarily mean how well you can morph something, although morphing is fine too!)

3) Setting the scene - I want to walk into your dimension and feel like I have stepped into an in-progress alien attack or the aftermath of one

The judges for this contest will be:
    Me
    Bellarosa
    Aedharra

When is this contest you ask?
    It will begin on April 30 and end on June 15.

Please keep your dimension closed to the public until end of day June 15. The judging will be from June 16-June 22.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please enter the contest by replying to this post with the following details:

Name of your toon that is building:
    Dimension name where the build will be:
    Shard that you are on:
    Whether you are entering in the 1000 items or less category or the over 1000 category

Thank you all in advance and I can speak for myself and the judges when I say we are really looking forward to seeing what you sci/fi enthusiasts come up with in your builds!

Happy Building!

Mirt
    Last edited by Mirt; 05-13-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Sounds like an interesting theme to build around, great idea and best wishes on your first contest!
    Last edited by Nouvae; 04-03-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: I can't spell!

I like your 'the only rule is that there are no rules' attitude there, mister! Sounds like fun, good luck to all involved!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Heh nice to see opened to all shards, have fun everyone!

Default So much to inspire!

Should be an amazing variety of interpretations of this one. I can think of so many things that would inspire me; War of the Worlds, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Day of the Triffids, Independence Day, Invaders from Mars, Men In Black!

If only I could enter!

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

This is a really great idea for a contest! I'm a big science fiction fan but I probably won't enter myself due to my lack of ideas and skills in creating scenes, but I am so looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with. Judging from what we've seen from past contests, I'll bet it will be spectacular!

Good luck to all you brave souls who enter!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Shadowlander

Sounds like a great idea for a contest! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

How original idea for a contest, I'm impatient to see all works, will be a great tourist day the june 15

Soulwalker

Got the mind working overtime on this one.. count me in!!

Mimeo
    Faeblight

I've had some people tell me they are going to enter the contest so just to reiterate, please post the following details on this thread if you are going to enter and thanks!

Name of your toon that is building:
    Dimension name where the build will be:
    Shard that you are on:
    Whether you are entering in the 1000 items or less category or the over 1000 category

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Are collaborations allowed in the contest?
    Current Dimensions on Greybriar: Mount Olympus ][ BeetleJuice ][ Star Trek ][ Clue ][ Bobblehead Emporium ][ Cod fish...on a hook! ][ 1. O-Ren Ishii (Cottonmouth) ][ Suburban Mancave ][ MIB TOG Style ][ Kiss The Girl ][ Yabba-Dabba-Doo ][ Fallout Vault 101 ][ The Beverly Hillbillies

Afflaq-

That is a good question and yes I have no problem with that at all. Thanks for asking.

Dimensions:

One other note on collaboration - If you are collaborating, then please also let me know who gets the prize, should you win, so I know where to deliver it to. Then, you can decide what to do with it between the 2 of you.

Dimensions:

OMG Mirt, I have been "idea-less" for a while and I think your contest just provided me with something to build. I always wanted to do an outer space/alien sort of dim. This sounds like a fun contest! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    OMG Mirt, I have been "idea-less" for a while and I think your contest just provided me with something to build. I always wanted to do an outer space/alien sort of dim. This sounds like a fun contest! I love it!
    Agrona,

I'm happy to hear it! When you are ready to officially enter, please just put the requested information on this thread.

Mirt

Dimensions:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast