+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree136Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cool new stuff on Public Test Shard for 3.2!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #76

Quote Originally Posted by Ralitza View Post
    Just a quick one to say that the new River of Souls sky projector (which I love!) Isn't working quite right in the Anywhere dimension. It doesn't cover the whole dimension and it starts too high up in the sky. Had similar but less noticeable problems in the Anywhere dimension with other projectors but nothing quite like this. Kinda gutted cos I really wanted to use it in there
    So, sadly this isn't going to change. This sky was originally made for the River of Souls instance and was never intended to be used this way. The River of Souls instance is a valley, so you cannot see the edges or the end of the soul stream which is why it looks the way it does.

We just don't have the Art Bucks™ to fix this particular sky at this time. You are going to find that there will be other projectors that will behave similar to the River of Souls projector since they might have been originally made for something else.

My apologies that this particular item didn't work out for you 100%. We always try to give you guys the best.

Last edited by Morticus; 04-07-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    So, sadly this isn't going to change. This sky was originally made for the River of Souls instance and was never intended to be used this way. The River of Souls instance is a valley, so you cannot see the edges or the end of the soul stream which is why it looks the way it does.

We just don't have the Art Bucks™ to fix this particular sky at this time. You are going to find that there will be other projectors that will behave similar to the River of Souls projector since they might have been originally made for something else.

My apologies that this particular item didn't work out for you 100%. We always try to give you guys the best.

I would rather have it, even at 75%, than not at all. Thank you very much for adding it for us.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into the issue, I completely understand that it was never intended to be used in dimensions so we're super lucky to be getting it regardless. Still, I'm well chuffed you've given us some shiny new projectors and I still can't wait to get that beauty on live!

Your still the BEST! (I'm totally fangirling!)
    Dimensions on Gelidra EU: Horror House -The Crypt - Blossom Hill - What the Hell...? - Echo Falls - This is Battery Acid, You Slime! - A Beautifully Decorated What..?! - Bad Santa - Bates Motel - Christine - Butcher Bob's II - The Remake
    NEW!
    Mountain View

Quote Originally Posted by Ralitza View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to look into the issue, I completely understand that it was never intended to be used in dimensions so we're super lucky to be getting it regardless. Still, I'm well chuffed you've given us some shiny new projectors and I still can't wait to get that beauty on live!

Your still the BEST! (I'm totally fangirling!)
    Just had an idea for a possible workaround. Maybe using another "night" projector, or a late night Time of Day along with River of Souls might make it blend so that the "edge" of ROS would be less noticeable? Wish I could try that myself but can't get the ROS projector on PTS.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Just had an idea for a possible workaround. Maybe using another "night" projector, or a late night Time of Day along with River of Souls might make it blend so that the "edge" of ROS would be less noticeable? Wish I could try that myself but can't get the ROS projector on PTS.
    I can, I'll give it a shot.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thank you so much for taking the time to look and being transparent with how items/dimensions are made so we all have a better understanding. Nice ™

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6